Sorry, but Fellowes Microshred MS-450CS Micro Shred Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $3,777.79
You Save: 50%
Your Price: $1,350.69
You Save: 50%
Your Price: $1,870.79
You Save: 51%
Your Price: $2,555.95
You Save: 49%
- Auto Start/Stop:
Fellowes MS-450Cs Micro Shred Paper Shredder Review
For businesses today, there is no more important task than shredding your confidential documents. Strip cut and cross cut shredders have been on the market for quite some time, and most people are pretty familiar with the difference between the two. Micro shred is pretty new on the market, and it gives the user an unprecedented level of security. Certainly there are members of your team – those who handle the most highly confidential information on a regular basis – that would be well served having a micro shred shredder right by their desks, for use periodically throughout the day. Here we will take a look at Fellowes’ entry in the micro shred marketplace, the MS-450Cs, and give you some of this machine’s pros and cons.
- Of course, best feature of the MS-450Cs is its capability for micro shredding. Whereas the typical cross cut shredder will cut the average sheet of paper into four hundred or so pieces, the MS-450Cs will cut it into three thousand particles. And when we say particles, we mean particles. The finished product looked more like pulp to us than the confetti we were used to seeing from average shredders. It is hard to imagine a higher level of security, let alone one that is available to the general public.
- Somehow, the MS-450Cs runs a lot quieter than most of the cross cut shredders that we have ever seen as well. This is a great feature if you have a few of these machines around the office, as the shredders can tend to be a little noisy, and frequent use can be quite distracting for other workers.
- The MS-450Cs comes equipped with Fellowes’ patented and impressive SafeSense technology, which utilizes an electronic sensor to detect any hands or fingers that are too close to the opening of the paper feed. The machine then shuts off immediately and automatically.
- Since the particles are so small, the bin of the MS-450Cs holds a lot more waste and will have to be emptied much less frequently than your typical cross cut or strip cut shredder.
- The one year warranty is pretty good for such new technology, and the five years coverage for the cutters is pretty impressive as well.
- Is seems that with high security comes fairly low capacity. The MS-450Cs can only handle about seven pages at one time, as compared to twelve pages and up for a similarly sized cross cut shredder. While this shouldn’t be a problem for most users, it is something to be aware of, especially if you are used to using shredders with a higher capacity.
- Also, you will have to keep up on your shredding rather than letting it pile up on you, as the MS-450Cs can only run for about eight to ten minutes before it will need to rest for fifteen.
- While the MS-450Cs does have an auto reverse system to help prevent jams, it does not come with Fellowes’ Jam Proof System, so you will have to pay close attention to how many sheets you are trying to feed it.
For the highest security and desk side convenience, there is no better choice out there than the MS-450Cs. If you are looking for more information on this paper shredder or would like to purchase the Fellowes MS-450Cs Micro-Cut Paper shredder you might want to visit MyBinding.com. They offer great prices and free shipping on the entire line of Fellowes Paper Shredders along with shredders from other manufacturers such as GBC Shredmaster, Martin Yale, MBM Destroyit, Dahle and HSM of America. You won’t find a better source for paper shredders anywhere on the web.