Fellowes Powershred 79Ci Level P-4 Cross Cut Paper Shredder - 3227901
- 100% Jam Proof System eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs.
- SilentShred offers ultra-quiet shredder performance for shared workspaces.
- Energy Savings System provides optimal energy efficiency 100% of the time-in use and out of use.
- SafeSense Technology stops shredder when hands touch the paper opening.
- Shreds 16 sheets per pass into 5/32" x 1-1/2" cross-cut particles (Security Level P-4).
- Maximum run time: 20 on / 30 off.
- 6 gallon pull-out bin.
- For 1 user.
- Amps: 4
- Jam Prevention Features: 100% Jam Proof System
- Feed Type: Traditional
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 6
- Basket Type: Pull-out Bin
- Bin Capacity (gallons): 6
- Can Shred: Staples, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, CDs/DVDs and Junkmail
- Casters: Yes
- Color: Black/Dark Silver
- Cut Size (inches): 5/32" x 1-1/2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- DIN Level - Paper: P-4
- Maximum Run Time (minutes): 20 min on / 30 min off
- Energy Efficient Features: Energy Savings System
- Item H x W x D (inches): 21.31 x 15.38 x 10.44
- Item weight (lbs): 28.22
- Units per Master Carton: 1
- Material Type: Plastic
- Model Number: 79CI
- Noise Level at No Load (dB): 54
- Noise Features: SilentShred
- Paper Entry Width (inches): 9
- Product Categories: Shredders
- Recommended Number Of Users: 1
- Run Time (minutes): Up to 20
- Safety Features: SafeSense
- Sheet Capacity: 16
- Shreds Per Sheet: 397
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 10
- Usage: Heavy Use
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Yr Machine / Lifetime Cutter
Fellowes IntelliShred PS-79Ci Personal Paper Shredder Review
Fellowes is one of the go-to names when it comes to paper shredders, including ones designed for personal use. Their new IntelliShred PS-79Ci is a very advanced shredder and one you should definitely consider if you’re in need of a way to destroy your documents. Here are the pros and cons of this product.
- The PS-79Ci can handle up to 12 sheets of paper per pass. There’s a 9-inch feed opening for both letter- and legal-sized documents. This product can also be used to shred credit cards and CD’s, as well as paper clips and staples that have been left in your documents.
- Although this is a personal-sized shredder, it offers good security because it’s a cross-cut device. It will turn a sheet of paper into many, many pieces that measure 5/32″ x 1-1/2″.
- This machine has a waste bin capacity of 6 gallons. The bin can be pulled out and emptied with no problem. A window on the front of the bin allows you to see how many shreds there are in it.
- One of the best features of this machine is its ability to prevent paper jams. It has a sheet capacity indicator that will alert you if you’re trying to shred too much at once. (If the indicator is inching up towards red, be sure to remove some sheets.) Also, if you do end up with a misfeed, the PS-79Ci is powerful enough to claw its way through the paper so you don’t have to solve the problem yourself. There is also a reverse function you can use.
- This device also has two of Fellowes’ most popular features: SafeSense and SilentShred. The latter is the machine’s ability to detect body parts near the feed opening. When that happens, the machine will shut off so an injury can be avoided. As for SilentShred, this feature ensures that the device will operate quietly. This is a good feature to have in a shredder, especially if you work closely with other people.
- For added convenience, this product has casters to make transport easier. There are also hooks on the back of the device to wrap the power cord around when the shredder isn’t being used.
- As is typical with Fellowes products, the PS-79Ci is covered by two great warranties. The first is a 2-year warranty on products and services. Plus there’s lifetime protection for the machine’s cutting head.
- The PS-79Ci lacks a continuous-duty motor. It can shred for up to 12 minutes before needing a rather lengthy cooling off time of 20 minutes. Therefore, this device is good for personal use, but it wouldn’t be too useful if it was used by multiple people.
- All of the waste is mixed. There isn’t a separate bin for credit card or CD scraps.
- This is a very advanced personal-sized shredder and all that technology comes at a price. This is one of more expensive shredders on the market, so it might not be a good choice for individuals on a budget.
The Fellowes IntelliShred PS-79Ci is one of the best personal shredders you can buy. Although it has a long cooling off time and it lacks a bin for plastic waste, this is definitely the machine to get if you’re an individual looking to protect yourself from fraud and identity theft, and you can afford such a device.
Compare to Similar Shredders
|Sheet Capacity (20 lb. paper)||16||18||18||14||12|
|Cut Type / Security Level||Cross-Cut|P-4||Cross-Cut|P-4||Strip-Cut|P-2||Micro-Cut|P-5||Micro-Cut|P-5|
|Duty Cycle (min.)||20 on / 30 off||30 on / 40 off||25 on / 40 off||20 on / 40 off||15 on / 25 off|
|Jam Prevention Feature||100% Jam Proof System: Eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs||100% Jam Proof System: Eliminates paper jams and powers through tough jobs and Auto Reverse: Stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs||Auto Reverse: Stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs||Auto Reverse: Stops and reverses paper if a jam occurs|
|Safety Feature||SafeSense Technology: Automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening||SafeSense Technology: Automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening||-||SafeSense Technology: Automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening||SafeSense Technology: Automatically stops shredding when hands touch the paper opening|
|Noise Quality Feature||SilentShred: Offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces||SilentShred: Offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces||SilentShred: Offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces||SilentShred: Offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces||SilentShred: Offers ultra-quiet performance for shared workspaces|
|Decibel Level (at no load)||54||56||56||56||55|
|Energy Savings Feature||Energy Savings System: Provides optimal energy efficiency 100% of the time – in use and out of use||Energy Savings System: Provides optimal energy efficiency 100% of the time – in use and out of use||-||Sleep Mode: Shuts down the shredder after 2 minutes of inactivity||Sleep Mode: Shuts down the shredder after 2 minutes of inactivity|
|Additional Features||-||-||-||Micro Shred: Ultimate protection with shreds 6x - 10x smaller than standard cross-cut||Auto Oil: Automatically lubricates to enhance performance & extend shredder life|
|Also Shreds||CD/DVDs, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, Staples, and Unopened Junk Mail||CD/DVDs, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, Staples, and Unopened Junk Mail||CD/DVDs, Credit Cards, Paper Clips, Staples, and Unopened Junk Mail||Credit Cards and Staples||CD/DVDs, Credit Cards and Staples|
|Bin Type||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin||Pull-Out Bin|
|Bin Capacity in Gallons||6||9||9||9||8|
|Sheets per Bin||180||425||175||600||250|
|Bin Full Indicator||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Unit Dimensions (H x W x D)||21.4" x 15.4" x 10.4"||25.2" x 11.14" x 17.3"||25.2" x 11.14" x 17.3"||25.2" x 11.14" x 17.3"||25.63" x 14.5" x 10.5"|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||28.2||36.4||32.6||41.5||25.2|
|Shredder Oil Item #||35250||35250||-||35250||35250|
|Waste Bag Item #||36052||36053||36053||36053||36052|