- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): 10-12 on / 20 off
- Color: BLACK/GRAY
- Casters: Yes
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 6
- Can Shred: CDs, junk mail, credit cards, staples and paper clips
- Cut Size: 5/32" x 1 1/2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 3227901
- Item H x W x D (inches): 21.5" x 12.1875" x 15.375"
- Jam Technology: Jam Proof System
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Suggested Price: $299.98
- Sheet Capacity Selector: No
- Sheet Capacity: 12
- SCS Code: 50043859527743
- Safety Features: SafeSense®
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 11
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859527748
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
Fellowes IntelliShred PS-79Ci Personal Paper Shredder Review
Fellowes is one of the go-to names when it comes to paper shredders, including ones designed for personal use. Their new IntelliShred PS-79Ci is a very advanced shredder and one you should definitely consider if you’re in need of a way to destroy your documents. Here are the pros and cons of this product.
- The PS-79Ci can handle up to 12 sheets of paper per pass. There’s a 9-inch feed opening for both letter- and legal-sized documents. This product can also be used to shred credit cards and CD’s, as well as paper clips and staples that have been left in your documents.
- Although this is a personal-sized shredder, it offers good security because it’s a cross-cut device. It will turn a sheet of paper into many, many pieces that measure 5/32″ x 1-1/2″.
- This machine has a waste bin capacity of 6 gallons. The bin can be pulled out and emptied with no problem. A window on the front of the bin allows you to see how many shreds there are in it.
- One of the best features of this machine is its ability to prevent paper jams. It has a sheet capacity indicator that will alert you if you’re trying to shred too much at once. (If the indicator is inching up towards red, be sure to remove some sheets.) Also, if you do end up with a misfeed, the PS-79Ci is powerful enough to claw its way through the paper so you don’t have to solve the problem yourself. There is also a reverse function you can use.
- This device also has two of Fellowes’ most popular features: SafeSense and SilentShred. The latter is the machine’s ability to detect body parts near the feed opening. When that happens, the machine will shut off so an injury can be avoided. As for SilentShred, this feature ensures that the device will operate quietly. This is a good feature to have in a shredder, especially if you work closely with other people.
- For added convenience, this product has casters to make transport easier. There are also hooks on the back of the device to wrap the power cord around when the shredder isn’t being used.
- As is typical with Fellowes products, the PS-79Ci is covered by two great warranties. The first is a 2-year warranty on products and services. Plus there’s lifetime protection for the machine’s cutting head.
- The PS-79Ci lacks a continuous-duty motor. It can shred for up to 12 minutes before needing a rather lengthy cooling off time of 20 minutes. Therefore, this device is good for personal use, but it wouldn’t be too useful if it was used by multiple people.
- All of the waste is mixed. There isn’t a separate bin for credit card or CD scraps.
- This is a very advanced personal-sized shredder and all that technology comes at a price. This is one of more expensive shredders on the market, so it might not be a good choice for individuals on a budget.
The Fellowes IntelliShred PS-79Ci is one of the best personal shredders you can buy. Although it has a long cooling off time and it lacks a bin for plastic waste, this is definitely the machine to get if you’re an individual looking to protect yourself from fraud and identity theft, and you can afford such a device.