Sorry, but GBC Shredmaster 5500S Strip Cut Office Shredder - 1753260 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Your Price: $2,646.90
You Save: 36%
Your Price: $2,047.22
You Save: 38%
Your Price: $1,284.29
You Save: 49%
Your Price: $779.99
You Save: 66%
- Strip-cuts 22 sheets into 1/4" strips.
- Shreds staples, paper clips, credit cards and CD/DVDs.
- Ideal for centralized use by multiple users - 10 or more users.
- 15" throat with deep, funnel shape for easy access.
- Large capacity 42 gallon shred bin for fewer bag changes.
- Continuous-duty motor for nonstop shredding.
- High quality solid one piece cutting head.
- A protective shield to help keep fingers away from shredding area.
- Multi-function control panel with visual indicators help keep the operator informed (Power On, Bag Full, Overload, Door Ajar, Bag-full Shut Off, Auto Stop On Jam and Auto On/Off.
- Castors provide easy mobility.
- On-site service included.
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty on parts/labor, 1 Year Warranty on Cutters.
- Unit: 37.5"H x 24.25"W x 18.5"D.
- Old GBC Part Number: 1757360 , G1757360
- New GBC Part Number: 1753260 , G1753260 , 1753260G
GBC Shredmaster 5500S Strip Cut Office Shredder Review
Offices with high shredding needs generally utilize a central, shared shredder rather than multiple scattered machines. The GBC Shredmaster 5500S is specifically built to handle the needs of ten or more users in a busy office. Offering fast shred speeds with decent capacities, you can be sure this machine will get the job done. Here is a closer look at the details of the 5500S.
Use is mainly run by a multi-functional control panel with optical signals that keep the user informed of the machine's status. Choices include Power On, Bag Full, Overload, Door Ajar, Bag Full Shut Off, Auto Stop On Jam, and Auto On/Off. Each status will cause the device to attempt to resolve the issue, whether by turning off so the user can replace the shred bag or by automatically reversing to clear the blades of a jam.
The powerful motor is conveniently rated for continuous duty. This means that you won't encounter the frequent cool down periods often needed by smaller machines. Without this feature, the 5500S wouldn't be able withstand the continual, all day shredding needs of many larger offices.
A wide 15 inch funneled throat helps to guide items in to prevent paper jams. Up to 22 sheets can enter at once and are shred as fast as 40 feet per minute. Items can include standard staples and paperclips as well as credit cards and CDs. Narrow,