MBM Destroyit 4005 Strip-Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0500
- Quiet and powerful single phase motor (2-1/8 maximum horsepower) rated for continuous operation
- Fully enclosed, dust proof gearbox housing
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters
- Pull-out bag frame mechanism mounted on rollers for easy replacement of disposable shred bags
- 59 Gallon Bin Capacity
- Compatible Supplies: Destroyit 901 Bags
- Strip Width: 1/4"
- Sheet Capacity: 50-52 sheets
- Shred Speed: 40 ft / min.
- Security Level: P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Max. Horsepower: 2-1/8
- Dimensions: 23-1/4" D x 25-1/4" W x 39-3/4" H
- lifetime limited warranty on cutting shafts and wheels
- 3 year limited warranty on all other parts, excluding wearables
- 92 day limited warranty on labor or exchange at MBM's discretion
MBM Destroyit 4005 Strip-Cut Paper Shredder Review
At the top of MBM's Destroyit line of centralized office shredders sits the 4005 shredder. The strip cut version is well suited for the high volume, low security needs of any medium to large offices. The robust motor is built for continuous heavy duty use. A lifetime warranty backs the high quality blades while the rest of the device is covered under a one year guarantee. Let's take a closer look at this convenient shredder.
All MBM shredders are amply equipped with safety features and this one is no different. A protective safety shield blocks fingers and other objects from entering the blades. Start and stop is controlled by a photo cell sensor that detects paper in the feed and begins shredding when needed. One simple button operates stand-by, stop and reverse functions. Backlit symbols display operational status. Power is automatically cut from the motor if the shred bag is full, the cabinet door is open, or there is a paper jam. Jams are easily cleared as the auto reverse slides overfed paper back out to the user. To conserve energy, the machine powers down to a "sleep" mode after one hour of inactivity.
A powerful single phase motor drives the hardened steel blades and is rated for continuous operation. Double protection from overheating helps prolong the life of your shredder. It also boasts of a sturdy chain drive system and durable gears housed in a dustproof chamber to stave off corrosion. An automatic oil injection system keep everything running smoothly.
A wide 16 inch opening accepts a whopping 50-52 sheets at once and also takes in staples, paperclips, credit cards and CDs. A electronic display shows the exact sheet capacity level during use. Documents are sliced as fast as 40 feet per minute, one of the fastest rates offered by MBM Destroyit.
The strips are collected in a sizable 59 gallon shred bag. The bag is mounted on a pull-out frame for easy removal and replacement. A high-quality wooden cabinet contains the shreds and acts as a noise reducer by absorbing sound from the motor, resulting in a quieter shredding experience.
Only a level 2 security rating is achieved by the