Sorry, but Dahle 30104 Level 2 Strip Cut Personal Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Dahle 30104 Level 2 Strip Cut Personal Paper Shredder
- Quality German Engineering means the 30104 is built to exacting standards, is designed to last and is extremely quiet.
- Designed to shred up to 100 sheets of paper per day allowing for quick destruction of confidential material.
- Desk side placement makes it easy to shred single or multiple sheets of paper at a time without having to leave your desk
- The 30104 shreds paper to Level 2 security standards
- 8 ³/4" Feed opening
- Automatic on/off
- Auto shut off when door is open or cutting
- Solid steel cutting blades allow the 30104 to shred staples, paper clips, and credit cards
- Thermally Protected Motor
- 8 gallon integral waste bin
- Weighs only 30 lbs
- Toggle switch provides a single control for on, off, and reverse
- Gussetted waste bags expand to collect a larger amount of material.
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 2 Year on Parts, and Labor
- Shred Size: 1/8" Strip Cut - Security Level 2
- Feed Width: 8 3/4"
- Capacity: 10 / 12 Sheets
- Speed: 15ft/min
- Motor: 1/3 Hp (115v)
- Waste Bin: 8 Gallon
- Weight: 30 lbs
- Dimensions: 21" x 15 1/2" x 12"
- Warranty: 2 Years All Parts (Lifetime on cutting Head)
Dahle 30104 Paper Shredder – An In-Depth Review
Selecting a paper shredder can be a tough decision. But, if you are in the market for one, you should really consider a Dahle paper shredder. Dahle, based in Germany, is one of the most trusted names in the paper shredder business, and with products such as the Dahle 30104 strip-cut paper shredder, it is easy to see why. To find out what’s so special about this paper shredder, please continue reading.
The Dahle 30104 paper shredder is a personal-sized, strip-cut machine that’s great for both the home and office. This is the company’s smallest shredder, but it is still recommended for shredding up to 100 pieces of paper per day or about 10-12 sheets per pass. The 30104 has steel cutting blades that can not only pulverize paper, they can destroy staples, paper clips and credit cards, as well. (There is a lifetime warranty on the blades, which is great.) This paper shredder has a Level 2 security rating, so it’s a fine machine to use if you are going to destroy personal records (i.e. bank statements and the like) or non-confidential business information. However, if you need to shred classified documents, you’ll need a machine with a higher security rating. In that case, a cross-cut shredder like the Dahle 30114 would be a great choice.
The 30104 has an 8.75-inch throat, so it’s great for shredding both letter- and legal-sized paper. This shredder was designed so it can fit easily under a desk for easy accessibility, so you’ll never have to go very far when you need to shred your documents. The machine is also very quiet and it only weighs 30 pounds, so it won’t be difficult to move it around. However, even though the shredder is small, it has a generous 8-gallon wastebasket capacity. A large wastebasket is always good to have because it means you can spend time doing more important things than disposing of your shredded documents.
A feature you should look for in a paper shredder is an automatic off/on switch and the Dahle 30104 definitely has one. Not only does this make it easy to shred paper, but it’s also an important safety feature. (It is nice to have it if your home has kids or pets in it.) Another great feature of the Dahle 30104 is that it automatically shuts off when the wastebasket is full. This can help prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your machine.
If there’s one drawback to the Dahle 30104, it is that it only has a Level 2 security rating. As mentioned earlier, this means the shredder is good for shredding everyday items such as junk mail, credit card offers, and the like. But this is not a good machine to use if you routinely shred highly confidential information or if you’re particularly paranoid about identity theft. A cross-cut shredder with a higher security rating is what you need if that is the case.
Overall, the Dahle 30104 is a great personal-sized shredder that is ideal for everyday shredding and it’s small enough to fit just about anywhere. If you need a shredder that’s great for small jobs, you should really give the 30104 a look!