Sorry, but Fellowes Atom 180 18 Inch Rotary Paper Trimmer is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Atom 180 18 Inch Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Item Number: 5410702
- Cutting Length (inches): 18"
- Cutting Capacity: 30
- Number of Blades: 1
- Item H x W x D: 5" x 14.75" x 26.5"
- List Price: $189.99
- UPC Code: 043859555154
- Warranty: 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Let's start by setting the guide fence. Two magnets hold it down to the face of the trimmer. Use the rails at the top or the bottom to lock it into place. Line your document according to the plentiful and precise measurements on the face. The fence is locked down with the twist of a knob. When you're all set, you make your cut. No need to reset the blade, the Atom 180 can slice in either direction, ... Read More
Fellowes Atom 180 Rotary Trimmer Review
In addition to their great binding machines and laminators, Fellowes makes some really terrific paper cutters. One of their rotary trimmers is the Atom 180. If you’d like to learn about it, please continue reading to discover its strengths and weaknesses.
- The Atom 180 can trim paper that’s up to 18 inches long. This is a great cutting length because you’ll be able to work with some of the most popular types of paper including letter- and legal-sized. (The measurements for those types are 8.5” x 11” and 8.5” x 14”.)
- This is a good product to get if you want to be able to cut a number of sheets in one go. The Atom 180 can cut up to 30 sheets at a time so you can process a fair amount of paper quickly. In addition to standard 20 lb. bond paper, this device can cut other materials including cardstock, foam board, and even some plastics.
- Injuries are unlikely to occur when you use this trimmer. That’s because the stainless steel blade has been placed in a plastic case to keep it away from your fingers.
- The Atom 180 has a very durable base that’s made out of metal. The base has several cutting guides printed on it that can help make the cutting process easier. There are guides for several different sizes of paper, as well as a protractor for when you need to cut on an angle. And there are rubber feet on the bottom of the base that help the trimmer stay in one place.
- This trimmer has an automatic clamp so your materials won’t move around when you’re trying to cut them. There’s also an adjustable edge guide to help simplify – and speed up – the entire process.
- The Atom 180 is covered by a 10-year warranty. It’s one of the best rotary trimmer warranties around.
- This trimmer is pretty big so it might not be a good fit for smaller workspaces. Its dimensions are 5” (height) x 14.75” (width) x 26.5” (depth) so it’s definitely going to take up a fair amount of space.
- While being able to trim 30 sheets at a time is helpful, this product may not fit the bill if you regularly need to cut huge stacks of paper. A guillotine or stack cutter would be be a better choice if you need a larger cutting capacity.
The Atom 180 is a very solid product in Fellowes’ paper cutter lineup. It would be great for anyone needing a rotary trimmer that can cut a wide variety of materials including plastic, cardstock, and copier/printer paper. This device is really easy to use and it offers a safe cutting experience. And let’s not forget that the 10-year warranty is simply fantastic. While it’s a bit large and the cutting capacity isn’t suitable for large jobs, overall this trimmer is worth consideration. So take a look at the Atom 180 today.