Rhin-O-Tuff HD-E4100 Electric Econ-O-Roll Coil Inserter
- Inserts all pitches & diameters.
- Optional interface kit. Can be mounted on any Rhin-O-Tuff vertical punch.
- Uses unique Rhin-O-Roll Gripping Roller.
- Adjustable Lower Roller for faster more accurate coil insertion.
- Economical and built with Rhin-O-Tuff reliability.
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Does not come with crimping pliers
And likewise, the Onyx HDe4100 does the same thing, sets right on top. Either machine can be used as a standalone with another system or another ... Read More
Rhino Tuff HD-E4100 Electric Econ-O-Roll Spiral Coil Inserter Review
- The Rhin-O-Tuff HD-E4100 is was originally designed as an economical alternative to the tradition Rhin-O-Roll HD4170..
- This stripped down coil inserter includes the basic features that you will need for inserting spiral coils onto the edge of your document..
- The E4100 can be conveniently attached to the top of your Rhin-O-Tuff binding punch or can be used as a standalone unit.
Strengths / Features:
- The HDE4100 Econ-O-Roll coil inserter has a large diameter rubber roller to help guide your coil onto your documents. This large roller is made with the same high quality rubber that is used on the larger more expensive Rhino Tuff coil inserters. It also includes a lower roller that is adjustable to help you deal with different sized books. This lower roller is not powered by can spin with your coil as is needed.
- This machine has a small spine forming trough on the front of the machine. This chrome channel is used to help you add a slight curve to the base of your pages to make inserting easier for large diameter coils. This channel is designed for use with coils up to 25mm in diameter.
- Using an optional kit, you can attach this unit to the top of your Rhino Tuff binding punch. This can help to save space in a crowded office or production area.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- This machine has one powered roller and another smaller roller that is not powered. The best coil inserters will have both rollers powered. With both rollers spinning the inserting process usually goes smoother and there is less slipping. Both the Rhin-O-Roll HD4170 and the GBC CC2700 have dual spinning rollers. This is one reason why this is considered an economy coil inserter.
- The motor for this machine is attached to the rollers using two thin clear elastic belts. These belts are much thinner than the belts used on other similar machines. If you use this machine very much it will only be a matter of time before you break a belt. The belts aren't that hard to replace. It is just a good idea to have an extra one on hand.
- Although this is an economy spiral coil inserter in some ways I prefer this to many more expensive models.
- This machine doesn't have dual powered rollers. However, it does a fine job with small sized books.
- I would highly recommend this machine. Just remember that it doesn't work well for index tabs. You will have to insert the coils onto those books by hand.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.