- Ideal for punching and binding.
- Progressive Punch Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each comb size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Punch & Binding Handle
- Die Disengaging Pins: For a clean punch of multiple paper sizes.
- Open Punching Throat: Allows for the punching of larger documents.
- Waste Drawer
- Comb Selector Table: Aides in the selection of the proper comb size in accordance to the document thickness.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Packaging: Solid and convenient for a retail point of purchase.
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Taking a Look at the Akiles OffiBind Plastic Comb Binding Machine
Trying to find a plastic comb binding machine that’s affordable but still has special features can be especially challenging. However, there’s one device that combines terrific functionality with a reasonable price: the Akiles OffiBind. This is a product that can bind documents that are over 400 pages long, even if the paper isn’t letter-sized. This is due to the machine having several advanced features that are typically found in much more expensive devices, such as disengageable dies. Let’s take an in-depth look at this machine’s strengths and weaknesses so you can decide if this is the machine you need.
- The OffiBind is capable of binding with combs ranging in thickness from 3/16″ to 2″. That means your document can contain up to 425 pages.
- This device is compatible with several different sizes of paper including letter-sized (8.5″ x 11″) and A4. It has an open throat so you can punch and bind larger sizes of paper.
- The OffiBind has three disengageable dies (punching pins). This, along with the open throat, allows you to work with paper that’s not just 8.5″ x 11″.
- Your pages will be punched perfectly every time because the OffiBind has a punch margin control feature. This not only allows you to control exactly where the paper is punched, it ensures that the pages will be securely bound and can’t be torn out easily. The pages will also turn freely, making your document much easier to read.
- In addition to the punch margin control, this machine has a side margin control. This feature will enable your paper’s holes are evenly centered.
- Each unit has a comb selector guide so you’ll always be able to select the right size comb for your document. The guide is printed right on the front of the machine for easy reference.
- This device has a tray that will store all of your paper scraps before you throw them away or recycle them.
- The OffiBind is affordable thanks to a price point of less than $150.00. It also comes with a one-year warranty.
- The OffiBind has a disappointing punching capacity: it can only punch up to 10 sheets of paper per lift. This will make creating long documents very time-consuming. (Not to mention tedious.)
- The machine’s lever is located on the right side of the device. While this will work fine for right-handed people, left-handed users may find using the OffiBind a bit challenging.
- It would be nice if all of the dies were disengageable. However, having three of them is better than not having any.
The Akiles OffiBind really has a lot to offer, especially if you need a machine that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. It’s great that it has a handful of disengageable dies, an open throat, and a punch margin control. While the punching capacity leaves something to be desired, overall this product would be a fantastic choice when you need a machine with advanced features that happens to be affordable.