- Model NameModelBinding materialBinding CapacityPunching CapacityPunching LengthPunching FormatBinding FormatHole PithHole SpecDepth MarginPunch HolesDisengageable pinsPower SupplyMachine DimensionsWeightWarranty
- Tamerica EZ-Comb 21All Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)11.7”ManualManual14.33mm3 x 8mm rectangle2.5 / 4.5 / 6.5mm2121N/A17.3”x11”x9”21 lbs1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica TCC2100All Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)12”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A21” x 14” x 12”26.2 lbs1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica 190PBAll Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)11”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A20" x 15" x 11"22 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica 213PBAll Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)12”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A20" x 14" x 12"47 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica DuraBind 242All Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)14”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A21” x 14” x 12”27 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica / Tashin 210PBAll Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)12”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A20” x 14” x 12”47 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Tamerica 190PB Manual Plastic Comb Binding Machine
- Fixed Punching Margin.
- Large Waste Drawer.
- All Metal Construction.
- Hollow Ground dies.
- Manual punch.
- Punches up to 20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper).
- 11" Punch Length with open throat.
- Horizontal Paper Load.
- Adjustable Punch Depth.
- Comb Spreader & Closer.
- Adjustable Edge Guide.
- Dimensions 20" x 15" x 11".
- For Moderate Use.
- 2 Year Warranty.
- Max. Punching Capacity: 5,000 sheets/ hr (20 sheets of 20lb paper)
- Max. Binding Capacity: 250 books/ hr up to 2" thick
- Punching Length: up to 11" (with open throat)
- Dimensions: 20" x 15" x 11"
- Warranty: 2 Year
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s have a look at the Tamerica 190 PB, a manual plastic comb binding system. This all-in-one, simple to use punch and binding system allows you to make a book from start to finish up to two inches thick with a plastic comb. This side margin control knob is used to set your paper in place so that all punches are consistent and allows you to also make adjustments if things are not centered up. When your holes are punched center and they look great, it’s time to begin. Start with the covers by placing them face down and make your punch. You can either punch for the rest of your project in smaller packets. You can go up to 20 sheets of 20-pound paper in each punch. The punch pattern on this machine works with plastic combs as well as works with GBC zipbind binds. When you’re all punched, gather your book together. It’s time to bind it. With plastic combs, you want to make sure that the teeth of the comb face up while the project faces down. That way, it doesn’t come apart in use. Drape the plastic comb over the comb opener and pull down on the lever to open up the teeth of the comb. The 190 PB can handle combs up to two inches in diameter. Thread your project over the teeth of the comb, close the comb with the handle and you’re all done. The punched chips all fall into a tray below and is easily removed for disposal. It’s that simple with the Tamerica 190 PB. For more demos, reviews and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Tamerica 190PB Manual Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
If you want to create your own bound books in the comfort of your workplace, you should consider getting a plastic comb binding machine. These devices make creating professional-looking documents incredibly easy and, depending on the machine, you can do so in not a lot of time. One comb binding machine you should consider looking at is the Tamerica 190PB. This is a basic, entry-level binding machine that's well-constructed and will allow you to use both small and large binding combs. Keep reading to find out what's great about this machine and what needs improvement so you can decide if it's the right one for you.
The 190PB is flexible enough to accommodate every size of plastic binding comb. The largest combs available are 2 inches thick and can bind over 400 pages. Thus, this is a good document finishing method to use if you need to work with longer documents.
If you need to bind your books in a hurry, the 190PB is what you need. This device can punch up to 20 sheets of paper at once. This is a great punching capacity and it will allow you to process almost 5,000 pages in just a single hour.
This machine is very durably built and features all-metal construction. It will be able to withstand a lot of use, so it would be ideal for schools and copy shops. Even the hollow ground dies are high-quality so you'll wind up with perfectly punched pages all the time.
This device's waste tray is large so you won't have to empty it every often. It's located in the front of the machine so you can easily access it.
The 190PB has a two-year warranty. Long warranties are a sign that a company really believes in its product, so you can be sure you're getting a great machine when you buy the 190PB.
Finally, this product is affordable and won't cost you much money. This is always nice, especially during a time when everyone is keeping a close eye on the bottom line.
What needs improvement:
You cannot adjust the punching margin at all. This is frequently a feature found in higher-end models, so given the 190PB's low price point, it's not surprising that it isn't included. However, it would have been a nice addition.
This device lacks disengageable dies, so you'll only be able to bind documents that are letter-sized (8.5" x 11").
The punching and binding handle are located on the right side of the device. Thus, left-handed users could find operation to be difficult.
Overall, the Tamerica 190PB comb binding machine would be a great addition to any business environment. While it does have a couple of flaws (namely the lack of disengageable dies and the location of the handle), this is an affordable device that makes it easy to quickly create professional-looking documents. If you're looking for an easy-to-use comb binding machine, you can't do much better than the 190PB. Get yours today!