- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Anti-Jam Technology with Reverse Function: Prevents Jams When Machine is Overloaded. Increasing Productivity. Saves Unanticipated Repair Costs.
- Continuous Duty Motor: Allows for Continual Shredding with no Down Time. Longer Run Time Resulting in Reduced Labor Cost. Increasing Productivity.
- EMCS-Energy Management Control System: Reduce Power Consumption by up to as Much as 90%. Energy Saving Designed Drives and Electronic Control Units. Reduced Operating Costs .
- Save 90% on Power Usage: EMCS Intelligent Energy Management System Saves You up to 90% Power Consumption Compared to a Standard Stand-by Switch.
- Comprehensive Safety System: UL Approved and CE Certified. Up to 10 Points of Protection to Ensure Safe Operation for Both Operator and Shredder.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1783
- EAN Code: 4026631026437
- Shredder material: Paper, CD/DVD, Paper Clip and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Cross Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 3
- Cutting width: 3/16 in
- Particle length:1 1/8 in
- Intake width: 9.5 in
- Container volume: 9 gal
- Cutting capacity: 17 - 19 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 55-58 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 500 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 15.5 in
- Width: 12.5 in
- Height: 23.8 in
- Weight: 45 lb
- Colour: White
- Driving power: 0.67 kW
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s take a look at the SECURIO B24 by HSM. Home, small and medium size businesses can all benefit greatly from the SECURIO B24. This is a workhorse of a shredder and you have options – strip, cut, or micro-cut. Depending upon which model you get, it can handle from 5 – 6 for micro or 7 – 13 sheets of 20-pound paper for cross or strip-cut. When it comes to paperclips, staples, cardstock, laminated items, things like that, no problem. These especially hardened solid steel cutting rollers can do the job. For the strip and cross-cut models, there is a separated CD slot for CDs and DVDs; it also comes out in a different waste bin. Our test machine here is with the micro shred so there’s no CD slot but should you have a jam; all three are capable of reversing the project just by a push of the button and these buttons light up to keep you informed. Waste bin is at the front and has a 9 gallon bucket. The whole machine rolls around on casters so it’s easy to move about the office. There it is, the SECURIO B24 by HSM. For more demos, reviews and how to’s, check out MyBinding.com.
HSM Securio B24c Shredder Review
- If you're looking for a cross-cut paper shredder for your office, you should check out the HSM Securio B24c. It's a machine that has many special features and a couple of minor weaknesses you should know about. Let's take a look at them:
- The B24c is a very versatile shredder. Not only can it handle paper, it's capable of shredding credit cards and CD's. It can even chew up any staples or paper clips that might still be attached to your documents.
- Since this is a cross-cut machine with a Level 3 security rating, your private information will remain private. You can shred things like credit card applications, memos, and so on, and be confident that the information contained in them will stay private.
- This shredder can handle up to 19 sheets at a time, which is terrific for a cross-cut model. In fact, this device can shred up to 13 feet of material per minute, so you'll be able to get rid of your documents quickly.
- The B24c can withstand continuous use so you can shred throughout the day as needed. It has a temporary mode you can use for smaller jobs and a permanent mode for larger ones. Also, the machine will go into an energy-saving mode if you don't use it for a couple of minutes. The device will even turn off automatically if you let it sit long enough.
- If you're looking to save energy, the B24c is a good choice. It's outfitted with an Energy Management and Control System that can reduce energy consumption by up to 70%.
- The B24c isn't too large so it's a good choice for small work areas. Its dimensions are 12.5" (depth) x 15.5" (width) x 24" (height) so it can fit alongside a desk or be placed near a copier or printer.
- In order to help make shredding as easy as possible, this device is equipped with a photoelectric cell that can detect when there's something in the feed opening. When this happens, the machine will begin shredding right away.
- Finally, the B24c's cutters are covered by an excellent 10-year warranty. All of its other parts are backed for 2 years.
- The B24c has a 9-gallon waste bin. While this makes the device good for use by 1 or 2 people, it means that this isn't the best shredder for departmental use.
- This device can't handle items like floppy disks and DAT tape. If you need to shred those kinds of things, a multimedia shredder would be a better choice.