- three roller friction feed system
- easy set-up for standard and custom folds
- control panel includes LED four digit counter with batch and total functions
- test button folds 2 sheets for inspection
- single sheet feeding automatically maintained for different weights of paper
- auxiliary paper guide for cross folding
- load and unload paper from same side
- display alert and audible signal in case of incorrect operation
- skew and micro-adjustment dials
- quick release roller system for easy maintenance
- retractable exit tray for compact storage
- heavy-duty steel construction
- UL and C UL approved
- Speed: 10,500 sheets/hour
- Paper Size: 3" x 5" to 12" x 17 1/2"
- Paper weight :12 to 80 lbs.
- Sheet Capacity: 450 Sheets
- Power Supply:120 V, 60Hz
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 21 1/2" x 36 1/2" x 21"
- Shipping Weight: 80 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty, excluding wearables
MBM 207M Manual Tabletop Paper Folding Machine Review
MBM is well-known in the business world for producing high quality office equipment and their 207M Manual Tabletop Paper Folding Machine is no exception. Built for high volume performance, this folder is great for use in schools, offices, churches, and other organizations. Packed with features and able to handle a wide variety of paper sizes, weights, and folds, the 207M is both convenient and efficient. Let's take a closer look at this machine.
Use is run by a central control panel. The automatic friction feed system uses three rollers to pull individual sheets into the folder. Dials for skew and micro adjustments help to ensure papers enter completely straight for precise folding. The machine automatically adjusts for varying paper thicknesses, ranging from 12lb to 80lb bond. If a misfeed or other issue occurs, both a display and an audible signal alert the user to the problem. The roller system offers quick release for simple maintenance.
Six standard folds are created by this machine, including single, "C", "Z", double parallel, foldout, and cross folds. The fold plates are easily set up, both for standard and custom folds. Clear graphics offer a guide to ensure correct plate placement. An additional template makes cross folding a breeze. After the fold plates are in place, a test button folds two sheets for inspection, allowing the user to make any adjustments before folding a large batch.
An LED 4-digit counter tallies the total number of folded items since the last reset. It also has a batch counter so you can fold the amount you need without counting out individual stacks.
Items are loaded and unloaded from the same side of this machine. Up to 450 sheets can fit in the hopper at once. The retractable exit tray provides a row of neatly folded documents, then folds in for compact storage.
Paper from as small as 3" x 5" up to 12" x 17-1/2" can be folded by this device. The plates can produce as many as 10,500 pieces per hour.
Heavy duty steel construction is guaranteed by a one year warranty, excluding wearables.
This machine needs to be manually set up. For use in an environment where only one fold is needed or changes are made infrequently, this might not be much of an issue. Switching the fold plates can be a tedious and difficult task. If you office will need to do this often, we suggest you save yourself the hassle and upgrade to an automatically adjusted machine.
There isn't an option for folding multi-page documents. Many offices only fold single sheet items and won't be affected by this. But if you often need to fold multiple pages together, such as for a newsletter, you might prefer a machine with this option.
Despite the few weaknesses, the MBM 207M is well-suited to handle the folding needs of any office. Automated functions and high capacity offer an efficient and convenient way to fold all your documents, from invoices to menus. The 207M is a great choice for your next paper folder.