- Soft-touch materials and standard design make stapler comfortable and easy to use
- 20 sheet stapling capacity with S.F.® 3 staples
- Metal construction ensures durability
- Stapler tacks and pins - open to post items to bulletin board or flip anvil to create temporary pin staples
- Limited lifetime warranty
- UPC: 074711711012
- Detailed Color: Black
- Material: Metal
- Performance Guarantee: No
- Period of Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Pinning: Yes
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 20
- Staple Capacity: 210
- Staple Leg Length: 1/4"
- Stapler Size: Half Strip
- Tacking Ability: Yes
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's have a look at the Compact Commercial stapler by Swingline. It's just a stapler but you're buying it, so let's look at it. It's small, it's convenient, and it works really well. It can punch up to 20 sheets at a time, it works flat on a desk as well as in a hand. It's built solid to last and has a name plate on the bottom. Loading staples is normal: lift the lid, slide them in, close it up, snap it down, you're on your way. And that's the Compact Commercial stapler by Swingline. For more demos, reviews, and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
StaffReviewIf you've been hunting for a small stapler for your desk, one you should take a look at is the Swingline Compact Commercial Stapler. This is a great little item that even has a built-in staple remover and it can be personalized with your very own nameplate. Here's an in-depth look at this product's strengths and weaknesses so you can make an informed decision about buying it.
- The Swingline Compact can staple up to 20 sheets together. This is a typical stapling capacity for this kind of device and it will be good for both personal and profession documents.
- One of the best features this device has to offer is an integrated staple remover. The remover makes it easy to remove staples from your documents and since it's part of the device, it will always be handy.
- As its name suggests, the Swingline Compact is nice and small. It won't take up a lot of room on your desk nor will be difficult to tote around. This device only weighs 0.6 pounds so it's very lightweight.
- This device can be loaded with up to 105 staples at once which is equivalent to half a strip. The staples you use need to be 0.25 inches wide which is a pretty common size. (Hint: look for Swingline S.F. 3 premium staples.) This stapler features open channel loading so you can pop in a new half-strip of fasteners quickly and easily.
- The Swingline Compact can be personalized with a nameplate if you wish. Using a nameplate will definitely let the world know that the stapler is yours and people will be less likely to take off with it.
- This stapler opens fully so you'll be able to use it to fasten items to bulletin boards. (This is known as “tacking.”)
- This product is solidly built so it can be used frequently.
- Finally, the Swingline Compact is covered by a generous limited lifetime warranty.
- Since this is a small stapler, it has a shallow throat. The throat is just over 2 inches deep. Thus, you won't really be able to do any center stapling with it.
- The 20-sheet stapling capacity makes this device unfit for heavy-duty use. If you tend to work with really long documents, you should consider a model with a larger stapling capacity.
Despite its couple of minor weaknesses, the Swingline Compact is a pretty good stapler. The stapling capacity will be okay for shorter documents such as photocopies, correspondence, and more. The built-in staple remover is a fantastic idea and helps make this product an all-in-one device. This stapler is nice and small so it won't take up a lot of room on your desk. And it's great that you can personalize it with a nameplate – you'll never have to worry about someone purloining your stapler ever again. With so many reasons to buy the Swingline Compact, you should take a look at it today.