- Binds documents up to 3" thick.
- An auto punch selector lets you choose between three different punching options: push button, automatic sensor, or foot pedal.
- Pressure bar firmly holds sheets for a compressed, professional bind. Automatically raises when binding is complete.
- Bind speed indicator adjusts bind speed to document thickness..
- Integrated debind feature lets you add or delete pages effortlessly after the document is bound.
- Uses GBC 11 Pin Hot Knife Velobind Binding Supplies
- Part Number 9707102 , G9707102
- Productivity: Documents 1" and under: 8 second binding cycle speed; Documents over 1": 18 second binding cycle speed
- Bind Capacity: Up to 3" or 750 sheets (based on 20 lb. bond)
- Punch Capacity: Punches 22 sheets per lift (based on 20 lb. bond)
- Min Doc Size: Binds books as small as 8.5"
- Max Doc Size: Binds books as large as 14"
- Dimensions: 22.5"x13.5"x18" LxWxD
- Machine Weight: 60 lbs. (27.2 kgs.)
- Packaged Weight: 96 lbs.
- Ratings: 120 Volt/ 60Hz/ 8.5 Amps
- Safety Agency Approval: Designed to meet UL and CSA safety standards
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
GBC Velobind System Three Pro Binding Machine Review
General Binding Corporation – hereinafter referred to as GBC – makes some of the best binding machines you can buy, whether you need a plastic comb, wire, or Velobind device. One of their many products is the Velobind System Three Pro, a machine that’s great for heavy-duty use. Read on to discover what you need to know about it.
- The System Three has one of the best binding capacities a Velobind machine have. It can bind documents that are up to 3 inches thick and contain a maximum of 750 pages. This makes this particular device ideal for binding very thick documents.
- This machine is compatible with GBC’s 11-pin, hot knife Velobind supplies. These particular supplies are available in the following three thicknesses (binding capacities): 1″ (250 pages), 2″ (500 pages) and, of course, the 3″ ones. You can choose from a variety of colors including basic black, navy blue, and green.
- There are three different ways you can punch your documents with this device. It’s equipped with a foot pedal, a push button control, and an automatic sensor. Just choose the method that feels the most comfortable to you.
- You’ll be able to punch up to 22 sheets at once. This is a typical punching capacity and it’s fine for thinner documents. However, if you need to bind a thick book, you’ll probably find that it takes a while for you to process all of the pages. (That could be inconvenient if you’re working under a tight deadline.)
- You can be sure that your documents will be securely bound because the System Three has a pressure bar that clamps down on your pages during the binding process. When the process is complete, the bar will raise so you can remove your document.
- Speaking of the binding process, it won’t take very long for the machine to process your documents. It can bind a book that’s 1″ thick or less in just 8 seconds. Thicker documents will take 18 seconds which isn’t very long at all.
- One of the most unique features of this machine is its debinding function. It allows you to add pages to your document (or remove them) after it’s already been bound. This will give you a lot of flexibility as well as the chance to fix any mistakes you may find in your documents.
- This machine is on the large size and measures 22.5″ (length) x 13.5″ (width) x 18″ (depth). It’s also a bit heavy, weighing in at 60 pounds, so you should use a dolly or get a friend to help you if you ever need to use it.
The GBC Velobind System Three is a pretty terrific binding machine that will give you professional results each time it’s used. This device’s binding capacity is one of the best available and it’s perfect for taking care of those lengthy documents. The debinding feature is a nice inclusion as well. While the punching capacity could be better, this machine is a great choice if you need a Velobind system for your workplace.