Sorry, but Dahle 20830ec Level 5 Cross Cut Departmental Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Dahle 20830ec Level 5 Cross Cut Departmental Paper Shredder
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16" Cross Cut - Security Level 5
- Chain driven providing slip free power
- Feed Width: 16"
- Capacity: 7 / 9 Sheet Capacity
- Speed: 30 ft/min
- Motor: 1 Hp 115V
- Waste Bin: 35 Gal
- Weight: 132 lbs
- Dimensions: 33 1/2" x 25 1/2" x 17"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 2 Year on Parts, and Labor
Dahle 20830ec Level 5 Cross Cut Departmental Paper Shredder Review
High security shredders are vital to many businesses. The Dahle 20830ec Level 5 Cross Cut Departmental Shredder provides excellent security while still being able to keep up with the heavy duty shredding needs of a busy large office. It offers the choice between fully automatic or manual control for extra convenience while the swift steel blades efficiently destroy all your unwanted documents. Here is a closer look at the 20830ec.
- A soft touch control panel provides options for manual or electronic control. With either choice, LED indicators keep the user informed of the machine’s status. Both a full shred bag and a paper jam will trigger audible and visual alerts. An automatic reverse helps to release overfed paper for quick clearing of the blades.
- The one horsepower motor is rated for continuous duty. Thermal protection against overheating allows continual shredding without needing frequent cool down periods.
- The heavy duty motor and solid steel blades are connected by a steel chain drive system to provide slip-free power and extra durability.
- A wide 16 inch opening easily accommodates letter and legal size documents with room to spare as well as wide computer printouts and oversized paper. Up to 9 sheets can enter the blades at once and shred as fast as 30 feet per minute.
- The tiny chads created by the blades fall into a large 35 gallon waste bin. The container is housed in a wooden cabinet that acts as a noise reducer by absorbing some of the sound waves.
- The cross cut particles created by the blades only measure 1/32″ by 7/16″ and provide a high level 5 security rating. At this level, everything up to secret government documents and important research information stay safe in the impossible to reassemble pieces.
- Dahle provides a one year warranty on the blades and two year coverage on parts and labor for the rest of the shredder.
- Taking in only 9 sheets at once is very low for a departmental machine. This is fairly typical for such a high security device and is offset by the rapid shred speed of 30 feet per minute. If you’re looking for less security and more capacity, we suggest the 20813.
- As with most shredders, this one will need regular oiling to stay in top condition. While it would be nice if it came with a built-in oiler, it is pre-wired for an automatic oil injection system. It’s highly recommend that you also purchase this optional equipment to provide the exact lubrication as needed and save you the hassle of constantly doing it yourself.
- This is a large piece of office equipment, weighing around 132 pounds. Casters on the bottom provide easier mobility and this doesn’t seem to be a big complaint from most users.
Overall, the 20830ec is an excellent device for high security shredding in a busy office environment. It could be used as a stand-alone shredder or a supplemental high security device to a shredder you already have. Either way, this machine provides convenient and efficient disposal of all your sensitive paper work and keeps both you and your clientele safe. We would highly recommend the 20830ec for your next central office high security shredder.