Sorry, but DuraCoil Plus Manual Coil Binding Machine is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
DuraCoil Plus Manual Coil Binding Machine
- The Tamerica DuraCoil Plus binding machine includes a coil Binding guide
- The DuraCoil Plus includes a side Margin Control allowing you to control margin depth
- The DuraCoil Plus is heavy duty and has all metal construction
- The DuraCoil Plus has a 20 Sheet Maximum Punching Capacity (20 LB Paper)
- The DuraCoil Plus is open ended with notch stopper for continuous punching
- Easy to Empty Waste Bin
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Tamerica Tashin Duracoil Plus Spiral Coil Binding Machine Product Review
- This new and improved DuraCoil Plus is a manual spiral coil binding machine that includes several improvements over the original Tamerica DuraCoil.
- It is a heavy duty metal binding machine with a legal sized throat, heavy duty metal construction and several pre-set disengageable dies.
- The Dura-Coil Plus is an excellent quality coil binding machine that is available at an excellent price point.
Strengths / Features:
- This machine is made almost completely out of heavy duty steel. The base of the machine, the handle and all of the internal components are all made out of metal. These metal components help to give the Duracoil plus the durability that it needs in order remain reliable for years inside your organization.
- The Duracoil plus is one of the least expensive legal sized spiral coil binding machines on the market. It has a fourteen inch punching throat for handling legal sized documents. However, it also has five disengageable punching dies that allow you to punch other common sizes of paper. It even has an open throat and a continuous punching guide for handling large format documents with binding edges that are longer than 14″.
- The Duracoil Plus has a manual punching mechanism that is capable of handling up to twenty sheets of paper at a time. This is a decent punching capacity for this type of manual binding machine.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- The Duracoil Plus is a strong and durable spiral coil binding machine. However, it is a completely manual system and does not include a spiral coil inserter. This means that users who want to bind documents using this machine will need to spin the coils onto their documents by hand. Binding a few documents this way shouldn’t be a problem. However, binding a large number of documents this way would be very time consuming and inefficient.
- This coil binding machine does not include a pair of spiral coil crimping pliers. Coil crimpers are used to cut and crimp the ends of your coils so that they don’t spin off your bound documents. Attempting to complete this process without a pair of crimping pliers is difficult and it is highly recommended to purchase a pair of crimping pliers with your machine.
- Unlike most binding machines that allow you to disengage punching pins by pulling out small metal knobs, the Duracoil Plus requires you to use an Allen key. This takes longer and requires you to have the right sized tool in order to set up your machine.
- The Tamerica Tashin DuraCoil Plus is extremely well built and is offered at a highly competitive price point considering its features.
- It is ideal for small and medium sized organizations that want to bind a few dozen documents per week and is an excellent fit for companies that need to do legal sized coil binding on a budget. If your organization needs to bind large numbers of documents, you may want to consider a machine with an electric coil inserter. However, either way it is important not to forget to buy a pair of spiral coil crimping pliers with your machine.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.