Akiles CoilMac ER+ Plus Oval Hole Coil Binding Machine with Inserter
- Extended Single Punching Length (13"): With open ends & continuous punch guide to easily punch documents of any length (up to 26").
- High Volume Punch Capacity: Suggested up to 20-sheet* for 20 lbs paper, or 2.6mm (28-sheet equivalent)** for hardboard, in 13" length (53 holes).
- Super Strength Punch Mechanism with exclusive "Precision Guiding SystemTM" Blade Set: Cast-hardened & heat-treated steel dies provide superior strength & hardness. Exclusive "precision guiding system" guarantees a sharp & clean perforation everytime.
- Top Electric Roller Coil Inserter (Foot Pedal Operated): This easy to use and durable roller makes coil inserting surprisingly fast and easy. It is strategically placed on the left side of the machine so your coil will clear the punch handle while you are inserting.
- Side Margin Control: Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Throat and Continuous Punch Guide: For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26".
- Rugged ALL Metal Construction: Makes it the most reliable & durable coil binding system in its class.
- Large Waste Drawer and Non-Skid Feet
- CE Certification: All components certified & approved by CE for most stringent safety requirements
- ISO9001 & 14001 Quality: Manufactured under ISO9001 & 14001 guidelines for highest quality control & environmental management standards.
- Includes Coil Diameter Selector
- OVAL holes: Special 4 x 5mm oval holes. The first & only equipment of its class to offer this advanced feature. Makes coil insertion much faster as compared to standard round holes. When used together with our HD Electric Coil Inserter, it will drastically save your coil insertion time by up to 50%.
- FULLY Disengageable Pins: For a completely clean & professional punching of any paper size, all 54 pins can be independently pulled & disengaged.
- LETTER 4:1 pitch (0.248"): This revolutionary 0.248" coil pitch is specifically designed to give you 44 evenly-centered holes in an 11" sheet, which provides the most ideal hole to edge-of-sheet margins and easier coil insertion. Hole pattern is 100% compatible with STANDARD 4:1 pitch coils.
- Model: CoilMac-ER+
- Pitch: Letter 4:1 (0.248")
- Operation: Punching - Manual
Inserting - Electric (with built-in Electric Roller)
- Inserting: Electric
- Hole Punch: Oval (5mm x 4mm)
- Disengaging Dies: Full
- Single Punching Capacity: Up to 20 sheets for 20 lbs paper*
Up to 2.6mm for hardboard
(28-sheet equivalent thickness)**
- Binding Capacity: Up to 7/8" (electric)
Up to 2" (manual)
- Weight / Volume: 38 lbs & 2.5 CbFt
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- * = To avoid operator's fatigue, our punch throat shield has been set to accept up to 20 sheets only, based on average person's arm stength.
- ** = To punch thicker materials (such as hardboard), simply remove the punch throat shield & proceed to punch.
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we look at the CoilMac ER Plus, a 4:1 pitch, oval hole, coil binding machine by Akiles. Let's watch it in action as we make a book.
With scrap paper, let's set our settings. First, the side margin control. Set this so the punches are consistent throughout your whole project. On the ER Plus, you can remove any of the disengageable die pins. Do this so there are no half holes no matter what size paper you have. Set the depth of margin control knob so that you can decide what size margin you want. Larger is stronger but smaller holds thicker books.
Once everything is set and you like the way it comes out, you're ready to go. Let's begin with the covers. Place them in, spine in first, and make your punch. Continue on through the rest of your project, punching up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper per lift. When your whole project is punched, organize it. It's time to bind.
Once you've selected the right size coil, begin to thread it on by hand through the first few holes. Operate the inserter by pressing the pedal either with hand or foot and drive the coil all the way through the spine. To finish off, crimp both ends with coil crimping pliers. Feel free to check out our How To video on coil crimping. And there it is. Coil binding made easy with the CoilMac ER+ by Akiles. For more demos, reviews, and how to's on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
... Read More
An In-Depth Look at the Akiles CoilMac ER+ Coil Binding Machine
Coil binding is one of the main binding methods and it can really add a professional look to all your documents. There are lots of coil binders available including the Akiles CoilMac ER+. Let’s take a look at this machine and see what it has to offer and if it would be right for you.
- Punching capacity: The CoilMac ER+ has a very good punching capacity. It can punch 20 sheets of 20 lb. bond paper at once and it can also handle hardboard if you need a sturdier type of paper for your document’s covers.
- Punching length and disengageable dies: This machine has 54 fully disengageable dies so you can punch different sizes of paper. The default punching length is 13 inches, but your documents can be shorter than that or as long as 26 inches. The dies themselves are extremely sharp and durable so you’ll get perfect results every time. This machine punches in a 4:1 pitch pattern.
- Margin control: In addition to being able to punch different sizes of paper, you’ll be able to control where exactly your document is punched thanks to the CoilMac ER+’s adjustable depth of punch margin control. When you use this feature, the holes will be punched right where you want them. This will result in easy-to-turn pages and a sturdier binding. And the holes will be evenly centered thanks to the device’s side margin control.
- Binding capacity: You can bind documents containing over 400 pages with this device.
- Oval holes: While most coil binders punch circular holes, this machine punches oval ones. This allows the spines to be inserted much more quickly.
- Built-in coil inserter: The CoilMac ER+ has a coil inserter built right into it. It’s located on the left side of the machine and is operated by a foot pedal. Using this feature both speeds up and simplifies the process. Choosing the right coil will be easy too because this device has a coil selector. There’s even a pair of crimpers included so you can properly finish off your documents.
- Solid construction: So many binding machines these days contain plastic parts but that’s not the case with the CoilMac ER+. It has all-metal parts so you can be confident that it can be used for years to come. There are rubber feet on the bottom of it so it will stay in one place during operation and there’s a large chip tray to hold all of your paper scraps.
- Warranty: Finally, the CoilMac ER+ is covered by a one-year warranty.
The Akiles CoilMac ER+ is definitely an advanced machine that may be a bit much for beginning users to handle. However, for professionals needing a sturdy machine that can give them fast, great-looking results, this would be the one to get. You’ll be surprised at how quickly you’ll get the results you need and how easy it is to get them. And you’ll definitely appreciate the excellent construction of this device. For offices and organizations needing a powerhouse of a coil binder, the CoilMac ER+ is the machine to get.