Akiles CoilMac ER 4:1 Pitch Coil Binding Machine
- A Professional, Easy-to-Use coil binder
- High Volume Punching Capacity - Extra wide 13" Single punching length, up to 17 sheets 20lb paper.
- Top Electric Roller Coil Inserter (Foot Pedal Operated) - This easy to use and durable roller makes coil inserting surprisingly fast and easy. It is strategically placed on the left side of the machine so your coil will clear the punch handle while you are inserting.
- Cast-Hardened Punching Mechanism - For more durability plus added strength to make punching much easier.
- Heavy Duty Design - Designed with CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology for strength and durability.
- Die Disengagement Pins - Specially designed disengageable positions guarantee a clean punch with most odd size paper, making the CoilMac-ER very simple to use.
- Punching Margin Control -Provides the correct punch-margin-depth for each coil size and maximizes the document's tear resistance.
- Open Punching Throat and Continuous Punching Guide - For an easy alignment and punching of longer documents up to 26"
- Large Waste Drawer & Non-Skid Feet.
- Side Margin Control - Provides an evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Includes - Coil Diameter selector & Cast-hardened coil crimpers
- ALL Metal Construction - makes it one of the most reliable and durable coil binding sysyems in its class
- ISO9001 Quality - Manufactured under ISO9001 standards for highest quality control
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Model: CoilMac-ER41
- Pitch: 4:1
- Punching: Manual
- Inserting: Electric
- Disengaging Dies: 5
- Extra Punching Length: Single punch: 13" (for documents larger than letter size) + Open throat and continuous punching guide for punching even larger documents.
- Single Punching Capacity: Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs paper)
- Binding Capacity: Up to 7/8"
- Adjustable Side Margin: Included
- Punching Hole: Round (4mm)
- Adjustable Depth Margin: Included
- Crimping Pliers: Included
- Machine Dimensions: 420x350x230mm (without handle)
- Carton Dimensions: 540x450x290mm
- Weight / Volume: 50lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The first, the shape of the punch. On the regular models, that is the M, ER, ECI, and EPI, the holes that are punched are round and they are 4mm in diameter, punching four holes for every one inch. On all four of the corresponding Plus mod ... Read More
... Read More
Akiles CoilMac-ER Binding Machine Review
Fairly new on the market, the Akiles CoilMac ER is a coil binding machine that is designed for small to medium offices who may not want to spend a whole lot of money on a binding system. Built along the same lines (and in fact using an identical platform) as the Akiles classic CoilMac-M, this system includes a small electric roller for inserting coil, a feature designed to further enhance productivity. Let's take a closer look now at this machine, its strengths and weaknesses.
- The Coilmac-ER punches a four to one pitch hole-pattern. This means that there are four holes per inch and forty-three round holes on a standard 11" binding edge. These parameters mean that this machine can be used with standard four-to one-pitch spiral coils, and in sizes that range from 6mm and 50mm. The small coil inserter that is included, however, will only work with spines that are up to seven eighths of an inch thick. Any larger, and you will need to spin the coils by hand.
- The ER's punch is capable of handling seventeen pages at a time, and is also rated for use with two plastic covers at a time. This rates the ER as among the best on the market for its price point.
- As stated above, the CoilMac-ER is essentially a carbon copy of one of the most popular, durable, and reliable coil binding machines on the market, the CoilMac M. The difference is that the ER comes with the added convenience of an electric coil inserter. This makes the ER likely one of the most feature-rich coil binders on the market for its price.
- The ER comes with a pair of high-quality crimping pliers. These pliers are an absolutely essential part of the binding process, and around a $30 value.
- The coil inserter included on the ER is fairly small, and is located on the back of the machine, which is perhaps not the most convenient placement. There is only one roller on the inserter (most have two), and it is only about six inches long, making it difficult to impossible to bind larger documents, or large numbers of documents. There are machines on the market that can do much heavier duty work, but if you are on a budget, and won't be using the ER much, it is still a good value.
- The thirteen inch punching throat is great for use with most common paper sizes, but is not the best for punching odd sized documents. Attempting to do so will likely result in incomplete holes at the end of your documents. The CoilMac-ER has a few disengageable dies to allow you to punch the most common sizes of paper. However, special sized documents will be difficult to bind with this machine.
- Again, for the price point, the ER would be a great choice for smaller businesses that won't be using the machine for huge jobs. Higher-volume users will want to look at machines that feature a larger manual punching capacity, or an electric punch.
Recommendation:Considering that the ER costs only about 50 dollars more than the CoilMac M, the included inserter and crimping pliers make the ER the clear choice if you are considering both machines. However, higher volume users may want to consider stepping up to the Akiles CoilMac ECI or the larger electric CoilMac EPI.