- Punches the 3:1 Twin Loop pattern for documents from 1/4" to 9/16" thick (125 sheets).
- The ergonomic vertical punch throat speeds up productivity and prevents mispunches.
- Choose your preferred punching method from a palm switch or hands-free foot pedal.
- Auto-reverse prevents downtime due to punching too much paper.
- Adjustable edge guide allows for easy alignment of paper and covers.
- Flat top surface for stacking GBC bind stations for space savings. Bind station may be separated from the punch for increased productivity - one operator punching and one operator binding.
- GBC Part Number 7706050 , G7706050
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer Warranty
- Productivity: 2 second punch cycle
- Bind Capacity: N/A
- Punch Capacity: Punches up to 16 sheets per lift (based on 20 lb. bond); 3:1 pitch; 3 square holes per inch; 32 holes for 11" punching edge
- Min Doc Size: Punches books as small as 4"
- Max Doc Size: Punches books as large as 11.7"(A4) in one pass. Longer documents may be punched in two passes
- Dimensions: 19.8"x7.4"x20.5" LxWxD
- Machine Weight: 38 lbs. (17.3 kgs.)
- Packaged Weight: 50.22 lbs.
- Ratings: 115 Volt / 50-60Hz
- Safety Agency Approval: Designed to meet UL and CSA safety standards
Speaker 1: Is your business ready for a more reliable punching system? Your business is growing and so are your document binding needs. The system you're using just doesn't have what it takes to keep up with your tight deadlines and all the binding you have to do. It's time to consider the productivity and efficiency of the Electric GBC Modular Punch 2000. With GBC's Modular Punch 2000, you have the ability to stack the punch with the bind station so you can punch and immediately bind the document or you can separate the punch from the bind station so two people can punch and bind simultaneously for increased productivity. Stacking the two systems saves on critical office space. Document binding has never been easier or more affordable with the Modular Punch 2000. Whether you're using plastic comb, twin-loop wire or plastic coil binding systems, you can benefit from the reliable electric punching of the GBC Modular Punch 2000. With the Modular Punch 2000, you'll reap the benefits of simple set up, low training requirements and ease of use. The simple set up of this system makes it suitable for any office environment. An intuitive straightforward design means that even inexperienced users can easily operate the system with no special training. And the Modular Punch 2000's quiet operation ensures binding jobs are completed with little distractions to your environment. The Modular Punch's adjustable edge guide helps you quickly and accurately align paper in the punch throat. This ensures that finished documents are properly punched regardless of the size. Convenient alignment marks on the punching deck quickly point out correct edge guide placements for a variety of document sizes. With the Modular Punch 2000, you can punch a variety of sheet sizes, including 8 ½ inches and 11 inches as well as international A4 and A5 sizes. The open punching throat also gives you the option to punch larger sheet sizes in two steps. Adjustable selector pins allow the user to punch a variety of sheet sizes and disengage certain punch pins to prevent nicks on the edges of paper. The plastic binding version also features a depth of punch control to adjust the distance from the edge of the hole to the edge of the paper. No matter what size binding element you use, you can select the depth of punch that holds pages securely and yet also allows them to turn freely. The depth of punch control offers two positions to accommodate the full range of binding element sizes. The front loading chip tray is larger in size than most desktop punching systems. This means you can punch more paper without having to stop and empty the chip tray. Easy front access to the tray allows for quicker maintenance and less paper debris in your work area. The Modular Punch 2000 offers greater punching capacity than many systems used in the office today. The Modular Punch features a vertical punch throat, punching up to 20 sheets in plastic binding, 16 sheets in twin-loop wire or 14 sheets in the color coil pattern. Research shows that vertical punching is easier to use than horizontal punching, delivering better alignment of all sheets in the punch throat and eliminating punch skew. The Modular Punch 2000 is a highly versatile punch machine that can handle all of your punching needs. Two easy-to-use punching controls allow users to select the best method for punching documents. Choose from a punch button or a foot pedal for hands-free punching. The level horizontal surface makes the Modular Punch 2000 so stackable that any GBC Modular Bind Stations fits neatly on top. Counter space is scarce in today's expanding office environment. With the Modular Series from GBC, you no longer have to worry about allocating more space than necessary to your binding systems. When rush binding jobs occur, you have the option of separating your punch and bind systems. One person can punch using the Modular Punch 2000, while the second person is binding with the GBC Modular Bind Station. Separate punch and bind stations means twice the productivity. Tight deadlines for your projects require that your binding is hassle-free. To prevent downtime from punching too much paper at one time, the Modular Punch 2000 offers GBC's exclusive jam stopper feature. The system begins to punch, senses a possible jam condition due to overloaded sheet capacity or extra thick material and retracts the die sets from the document. At this point, the operator can remove the undamaged document and separate it into smaller stacks for repunching. Downtime due to jamming is prevented and your important binding jobs are completed on time. GBC knows that you expect punchers to be rugged and durable. That's why we built the Modular Punch 2000 to last. All metal construction offers extra durability over systems made with a large number of plastic parts. The aluminum die cast base and sides of the punch help provide greater stability for those rigorous punching jobs. The dies are also staggered so that fewer pins are punching at one time, resulting in less wear and tear on the system. Paper is punched cleanly with minimal effort, giving the Modular Punch 2000 a longer life. Greater durability equates to fewer breakdowns and significantly improved reliability. In the unlikely event that a problem does occur, you can count on GBC's network of highly trained service technicians and our industry leading factory exchange program to quickly get your machine back up and running. This means that you can depend on the Modular Punch 2000 even during crunch times when you can't afford downtime and work stoppages. The Modular Punch 2000 was designed to ensure operator safety because GBC cares about the safety of you and your employees. GBC's commitment to safety has led us to have our systems tested by the world's leading safety agencies. You can rest assured the Modular Punch 2000 fully complies with UL and Canadian standard requirements as certified by CSA. The international version of the Modular Punch 2000 has full safety licensing from TUV product service and carries the CE mark as well.
Speaker 2: My name is Suzy Mrdak. I work for Parksides Associates. I'm a copy and binding specialist. I receive reports in which I take them to be copied and I bind them and then I ship them to our clientele. The reason I like the 2000 PP is its open throat. The open throat feature on the 2000 PP is very simple to use. It's just sliding your paper through, just like that, and getting a perfect punch every time. Another feature that I like about the 2000 PP is that it has a thicker lined marking for the type of paper that we might be using, and I use typically the 11 inch and the oversized cover. And it has a locking knob which I like because, when sliding in paper, it will not move. When we have small and large jobs, it's versatile. And when I have a smaller job in which only I am handling it, I can stack the two pieces and, therefore, it takes up less space. And when I do have a larger job in which we can have two people working on it, having one punching and one binding, the fact that we can remove it and put ourselves side to side and have just one going, the more hands that we can get in there to get it done quicker, the happier our clients will be.
GBC MP2000W3 Modular Fixed Die 3:1 Pitch Twin Loop Wire Binding Punch Review
- The GBC MP2000W3 is a fixed die modular binding punch that produces a 32 hole square hole pattern (on an eleven inch sheet) for use in binding documents with 3:1 pitch twin loop wire.
- It is meant to be used in a small to medium sized organization that needs to bind documents using twin loop wire.
- This machine does not include a wire closer but instead is designed to be combined with either the GBC MC50 manual wire closer or the GBC TL2900 electric twin loop wire closer.
- The MP2000-W3 can be used by a single operator who does both the punching and binding or can be used as part of an assembly line to help increase productivity.
Strengths / Features:
- This machine is designed with a vertical punching throat. This allows users to use gravity to help align their pages for punching. As pages are inserted into the MP2000W3 you can simply tap them on base of the punch and slide them into place. This is helpful for making sure that your pages are always lined up for punching and eliminates costly mispunches.
- The MP2000-W3 is a medium duty wire binding punch that is capable of punching up to sixteen sheets of twenty pound paper at a time. It produces a three to one pitch hole pattern that has three holes per inch (32 holes on an 11" binding edge). Although there are certainly machines on the market that are capable of punching more sheets, this machine does an excellent job and offers exceptional punching quality. The hole pattern produced by this punch can be used for binding documents with 3:1 pitch wire, GBC Proclick and with special 3:1 pitch spiral coils.
- The MP2000W3 has convenient and easy to use punching controls. You can activate the punch by pressing the conveniently located palm switch on the front of the machine. Or if you prefer you can use the heavy duty foot pedal control that is included with this machine. In general the push button control will be faster for short run production while the foot pedal will be better for long runs. However, the choice is really yours.
- The modular nature of this machine allows it to be used as part of an assembly line for creating wire bound documents. By having one person punch your documents while another person binds it is possible to almost triple your productivity over the use of a standard all in one binding machine. This can present substantial cost savings to your organization and gives you an option for completing those important jobs quickly and efficiently.
- The MP2000W3 uses a fairly unique edge guide control that is easy to adjust and move. I was impressed at how easy it was to move the edge guide and lock it in place with precision. This makes setting this machine up for punching different sized documents a lot easier.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- This machine is designed to produce a 3:1 pitch hole pattern that is traditionally used with twin loop wire. However, 3:1 pitch wire is only available in sizes between 3/16" and 9/16". If you need to bind documents that are larger than this you will need to choose a different binding style. If you want to use wire to bind larger documents you will need a machine that can punch a 2:1 pitch hole-pattern. Many organizations opt to purchase an interchangeable die punch such as the MP2500ix which allows them to switch punching patterns in order to bind both large and small documents.
- The MP2000-W3 has a two second punching cycle. The punching cycle is a measurement of the time that it takes for the machine to punch a lift of paper and reset itself so that it is ready to punch again. A two second cycle is fairly comparable to the punches that are included on most desktop wire binding machines. However it is fairly slow for a modular binding punch.
- This machine does not come with a wire closer for finishing your books. However, in order to use this machine with 3:1 pitch twin loop wire you need to have a wire closer. GBC makes two options for wire closers that can easily be stacked on top of the MP2000W3. The MC12 is a twelve inch manual wire closer and the TL2900 is a heavy duty electric wire closer. Both machines work great, the choice will mostly depend on your budget and how many documents you need to bind.
- The MP2000W3 does not have fully disengageable dies. Instead, there is a small section on the machine behind the punching slot that flips up. Inside that section there are seventeen disengageable punching pins. Using these pins and the open throat design of this machine it is possible to punch virtually any size of document. However, if you have a particular document size that you need to bind it is a good idea to check first to see if this machine can be configured for use with that length of sheet.
- The MP2000W3 is ideal for small and medium sized companies that are looking for a high quality electric punch for binding documents with 3:1 pitch twin loop wire.
- This machine is designed to be used along with a modular double loop wire closer which can be conveniently stacked on the top of the punch or can be used on the side in an assembly line fashion.
- This machine is an excellent option for organizations that only do one type of binding and want to increase their productivity without breaking the bank.
- However, organizations that do a lot of punching or who need to bind documents with multiple binding styles should really look at an interchangeable die binding punch such as the MP2500ix or the GBC Magnapunch.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment
You Save: 31%
You Save: 30%
You Save: 51%
You Save: 43%