- Model NameModelPunching OperationPitchPunching LengthDisengaging DiesHole PunchBinding ThicknessSingle Punching CapacityCloser SelectorClosing MechanismMaster SelectorMetal Wire SnatchWire Diameter ScaleSide Margins ControlPunching Margin ControlWeight / Volume
- Akiles WireMac 2:1Manual2:114" (27 dies)All 27Rectangular (0.157" x 0.217")From 3/16" to 1-1/4"Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs)IncludedVerticalIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded45 lbs / 2.55 CbFt
- Akiles WireMac 3:1Manual3:1 / 2:114" (40 dies) / 14" (27 dies)All 40 / All 27Square 0.157"x0.157"
0.157" x 0.217"From 3/16" to 9/16" / From 5/8" to 1-1/4"Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs)IncludedVerticalIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded45 lbs / 2.55 CbFt
- Akiles WireMac-Duo ComboManual3:1, 3 holes per 1" / 2:1, 2 holes per 1"14" with open throats for longer documents.40 dies / 27 diesSquare 4mm x 4mm / Rectangular 4mm x 5.5mm3/16" - 9/16" / 5/8 - 1-1/4"20 sheets of 20 lbs bond paperIncludedVerticalIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded53 Lbs & 2.22 CbFt
- Akiles WireMac-EX 2:1Electric (Foot Pedal)2:114" with open throat for longer documentsAll 27Rectangle (4 x 5.5 mm)3/16" to 1-1/4"Up to 25 sheets (20 lbs. paper)IncludedVerticalIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded55 lbs./ 19" W x 16" D x 16" H
- Akiles WireMac-EX 3:1Electric (Foot Pedal)3:114" with open throat for longer documentsAll 40Square (4mm x 4mm)3/16" to 9/16"Up to 25 sheets (20 lbs. paper)IncludedVerticalIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded55 lbs./ 19" W x 16" D x 16" H
- Akiles WireMac E 2:1Electric (Foot Pedal)2:114" with open throat for longer documentsAll 53 diesRectangular 4mm x 5.5mm1/4" - 1-1/4"Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs paper)IncludedVerticalIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded72 lbs & 2.92 CbFt
- Akiles WireMac E 3:1Electric (Foot Pedal)3:114" with open throat for longer documentsAll 40Square 4mm x 4mm3/16" - 9/16"Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs paper)IncludedVerticalIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded72 lbs & 2.92 CbFt
Akiles WireMac E 2:1 Electric Wire Binding Machine
- Die Disengagement Pins: For a clean and complete punching with different paper sizes.
- Side Margin Control: Provides and evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easier inserting of sheets.
- Foot Pedal Operated
- Diameter Scale: Measures document's thickness in order to select best wire size option.
- Waste Drawer
- Wire Closer Control: With continuous adjusting scale for an exact and secure closure every time.
- Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide: For an easy alignment & punching of longer documents.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each coil size.
- Heavy-Duty Punch Motor: Single punches up to 20 sheets of paper (20 lbs).
- Power Switch
- Reverse (Anti-Jam) Function: For trouble free punching.
- Fully Featured / Reliable / Easy to Use / Powerful
- Model: WireMac-E21
- Pitch: 2:1, 2 holes per inch
- Binding Capacity: 1/4" - 1-1/4"
- Punch Length: 14" with open throat for longer documents
- Hole Punch: Rectangular 4mm x 5.5mm
- Disengaging Dies: All 53 dies
- Punching: Electric
- Single Punching Capacity: Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs paper)
- Actual Machine Dimensions (L x W x H): 23" x 16.5" x 18.5"
- Shipping Length:20-1/2"
- Shipping Width:21"
- Shipping Height:14"
- Shipping Weight:75.1 Lbs.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we're looking at the WireMac E31, a 3:1 electric wire binding machine by Akiles. The WireMac E31 is a complete punch and binding system with 3:1 wire with the bonus ability to also close 2:1 wire. Let's go step-by-step on how to bind a book.
Let's begin with the covers. Slide the end you want bound into the throat of the machine. Use the side margin control knob on the left hand side to set your margins so that all punches will be consistent throughout your whole project. Set your die disengagement pins for clean and complete punching with different paper sizes. Here we're using standard size, so we pull the 11? pin out. There are plenty of guides on the front of the machine to help you with the best selection for the size paper you're using. If you don't pull the correct pin out, you'll find that the paper will be punched with half holes. This is both unsightly as well as could get in the way of your binding. Also, depending on the size of your project, you'll want to set the margin control for punching. This provides the correct punch margin depth for each coil size. For larger projects, you want a thicker margin for strength of your finished product. Pictured here is the range of margin depth. With all your adjustments made and your settings in place, continue to punch through the rest of your project, using the pedal each time, either by foot or by hand. Once your project is all punched, you're ready for the binding step. Assemble your project together in order and select the right size wire for your project. Using the diameter scales on the front of the machine, you can not only find out what is the best size for your project but also how to set the closer. And you do so with the dial on the right. Place your wire over the built-in wire rack on the front of the machine with the small teeth facing up. Tricky, but you'll get used to it, is draping the finished project over the teeth of the comb. But here's a trick: always flip the back side of the project over to face the front side. This will help hide the seem of the bind at the end of the project. Get all the teeth through all the holes, let it hang freely, and remove the teeth from the wire rack. Rotate your wire a bit so the ?C" faces out and away from the bind. Place it face down with the ?C" facing the bottom of the wire closer and use the long-handled lever to drive down and close the wire. And that's it, you're all set. Remove your project, flip the back page over to the back again, and you'll find that the back page cleverly covers the seam of the wire. Nice job. Clean up is easy; the chip tray is right in the front for easy disposal. It's that simple with the WireMac E31 by Akiles. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles WireMac E Electric Wire-O Binding Machine Review
The WireMac E is a heavy-duty electric, twin loop wire binding machine with an electric punch and manual twin loop wire closer. The machine is available with either a 2:1 pitch configuration (2 holes per inch) or 3:1 pitch configuration (3 holes per inch). These features make the WireMac E an ideal choice for any organizations that works on high-volume binding projects.
The Wiremac E Includes fully-disengageable die, allowing you to bind virtually any sized document, while avoiding half-holes on the edge of the paper on custom sized documents. In addition, the machine features a continuous punching guide, which allows for punches on documents longer than 14 inches. To do this, all you need to do is simply punch the first side and then flip the document over and use the guide to punch the remaining holes.
The Wiremac E includes a sizing guide on the front of the machine to help you choose the right sized wire for document binding – every single time – by comparing your document with the notches on the front of the machine. This makes set-up a snap. The machine also features a heavy-duty electric punch, that can punch 2 plastic or clear covers at once, or 25 sheets per lift (though 22 sheets per lift is a more realistic number). The Wiremac E uses a foot pedal activation switch, allowing you to hold your documents with both hands while you punch.
A solid, heavy-duty wire closer evenly closes the wire along the width of the book and includes a wire holder to assist in hanging pages on the wire spines before closing and, depending on the configuration, the Wiremac E is available in a 2:1 pitch, for documents between 1/4" and 1 1/4" thick, or a 3:1 pitch, designed for documents between 3/16″ and 9/16″ thick.
The Wiremac E is an extremely effective binding machine, but it does have a few drawbacks. To begin with, the foot pedal on the Wiremac E is the only punching mechanism, which is not nearly as convenient as a punching switch for quickly binding a few documents. Those who work in larger volumes may find a stand-alone wire closer with a modular punch more productive, allowing two people to bind documents in an assembly line fashion, potentially doubling productivity.
With a heavy-duty metal construction., the WireMac E is built for durability. It weighs almost 75lbs and is designed to handle any medium to high volume binding application. With this type of construction you know that the WireMac E is built to last.
The wire closer is also a solid component and easy use and to adjust. The piece closes evenly along the entire length of the document – every time, making it a very useful component. Both of the WireMac E models include the same wire closer, which is capable of closing all sizes of wire (both 2:1 pitch h and 3:1 pitch).
The WireMac E is highly-recommended for a large organization that does a lot of wire binding. The binder also works perfectly for a smaller organization looking for one of the easiest twin-loop wire binding machines available today. The WireMac E is truly an excellent option, whether you are looking for a machine to handle low volumes or high volumes. When you consider your binding options, consider the WireMac E . This binding machine is a great solution for your needs. It is also an excellent value for the money and could be the perfect machine for you!