Sorry, but HSM 125.2 Level 5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
HSM 125.2 Level 5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- This professional data security device is the ideal central device for a mid-size busy office.
- Ideal for 5-7 person office in need of a centralized shredder.
- Auto start/stop via electronic eye.
- Reverse button for overfed paper.
- Crosscut models can cut up to approximately 18 sheets per run; Strip cut: up to 30 sheets per run (see specifications).
- Auto stop and container full indicators.
- Hardened steel cutters can handle the occasional standard paper clips or staples (excluding level 6 high-security shredders).
- Strip cut model can shred credit cards and CD/DVDs in addition to paper!
- Powerful, specially adjusted motor for longer periods of use---with thermal protection for high performance.
- The tried-and-tested closed-tooth wheel drive prevents penetration of dirt and slows wear, increasing the service life.
- Enclosed housing protects against the spread of paper dust.
- Crosscut shredders should be oiled regularly to maintain top working condition.
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 7/16"
- Security Level: 5
- Capacity: 6 - 7 Sheets
- Feed Width: 10"
- Speed: 26 ft./min.
- Motor: 670 W 115 V/60 Hz
- Waste Bin: 20 gallons
- Weight: 66 lbs.
- Dimensions: 17.6" x 13.6" x 32.6"
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cylinders, Parts, and Labor
HSM 125.2 Level 5 High Security Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
The HSM 125.2 High Security Shredder is ideal for shredding highly classified documents. With a powerful motor and solid steel blades, this machine can safely destroy even the most sensitive material. It is built for easy use by 5-7 people in a busy, mid-size office. Here is a look at the strengths and weaknesses of the HSM High Security 125.2.
Automated features offer simple operation. A rocker on/off/reverse switch controls the main options while a modern electronic controller does the rest. A photoelectric eye senses items in the feed and begins shredding instantly, stopping the blades when finished. The reverse switch helps to release overfed paper by sending clogged items back to the user if a jam occurs. And when the shred bag is full or if the cabinet door is left open, the automatic stop cuts power to the blades until the issue is resolved.
The powerful motor uses a closed-tooth drive system for high performance and continuous operation. Thermal protection keeps it from overheating, even during periods of heavy use. Dust is kept out of the enclosed transmission, which slows down wear and extends service life.
About seven sheets can enter the 10 inch feed at once and shred as fast as 26 feet per minute. Paper remnants are collected in a large 16 gallon waste bin. The tiny pieces slowly fill the shred container, allowing long runs before emptying.
The micro cutting mechanism leaves documents in tiny pieces only 1mm by 11mm in size. These minute particles offer an impressive level five security rating. This is safe enough for government offices and other businesses needing very secure destruction.
HSM provides a one year warranty on the cutting cylinders as well as on parts and labor for this product.
As is often the case with high security shredders, this one only takes in a few sheets at a time. Most people interested in this machine are probably looking more for security than quantity. However, if you only need a medium amount of security but would prefer higher capacities, we suggest this machine in a level three rating, the 125.2cc Cross Cut model.
The blades only take in paper, no staples, paperclips, or anything else. Again, this is common on high security devices. For a level five shredder that does accept these items, we recommend the GBC Shredmaster GDHS713.
Although 75 pounds isn't particularly heavy when compared to other office equipment, it would be bulky and awkward to move by yourself. Fortunately, there are casters mounted on the bottom for extra mobility and we think size won't be much of a problem for most users.
Clearly the 125.2 is great for the destruction of sensitive material in a busy office. While its capacity levels might not be ideal for heavy duty use, it would work well for moderate shredding or as a complement to a larger device. We would recommend the HSM 125.2 Level 5 for any office looking for an excellent high security shredder.