- Auto Start/Auto Stop: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- LED Control Panel with Load Indicator
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically if cabinet door is opened
- Auto Reverse: In case of paper jam, built-in controls switch motor into reverse to clear jam
- Heat-treated steel cutters are specially ground for longevity and require minimal oil
- High Quality Geared Motor: Powerful, effi cient AC geared-motor with heavy duty steel gears for high performance and minimal noise
- Extra-wide 16" feed opening
- All-Metal Cabinet with casters
- Auto Sensor: When the waste bin is full, the motor stops automatically
- Lifetime Guaranteed Heavy-Duty Waste Bin
- Auto Cleaning: If shred capacity is decreased, press reverse button for 5 seconds and motor will run in reverse for 1 minute
- Oil Indicator: After every 4 hours of use, the control panel LED fl ashes to suggest oiling cutting blades for optimal performance
- Self-Diagnosis System: Records operation time, number of auto-reverse sequences, volume of paper shredded, and can display information for service technicians
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Safety Circuit Breaker ensures safe operation
- Accepts staples, paper clips and credit cards
- Manual Function: Can be used when shredding small sized paper or fi lms which can't be detected by the sensor
- Optional EvenFlow Semi-Automatic Oiling System: Easy-to-use pump and copper nozzles keep the heat-treated steel blades in peak condition
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
- Cutting Style: Cross Cut
- Shred Size: 5/32" x 1-1/5"
- Sheet Capacity: 23 to 25
- Speed: 35 fpm
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Dimensions: 24" W x 20" D x 35" H
- Bin Capacity: 26 gal.
- Weight: 242 lbs.
- Security Level: P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Power Supply: 110V, 50/60 Hz
FORMAX FD 8500CC / FD 8600CC Office Shredders. Commercial-Grade Features: Metal Cabinet. Steel Gears. Heavy Duty AC Motor. LED Control Panel. Cross Cut Shred up to 28 sheets in one pass. 16" throat for larger sheets and continuous feeding. User friendly control panel with LED Load Indicator. Auto Reverse is activated if the shredder is overloaded. Lifetime guaranteed high-density plastic wastebin.
Formax FD 8500CC Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
The Formax FD 8500CC is a formidable machine that offers busy offices FACTA-compliant shredding and great capacity. Here are a few of the strengths and weaknesses of the FD 8500CC.
The FD 8500CC offers you and your business Level 3 cross cut security shredding, meaning that it complies with recent federal regulations that were passed to combat consumer fraud and ID theft. According to these laws, any business that handles confidential personal, health, and/or financial information must properly destroy these types of documents when throwing them away. Shredding them at a security level of 3 is the best and easiest way to comply with these regulations, and it's important to note that failure to do so may result in big fines and/or opens your business up to the possibility of a civil suit.
The FD 8500CC is a pretty powerful shredder with a specially geared motor that is purported to operate at 33 feet per minute and to give you the ability to shred 18 sheets per pass. We didn't have any problems with the machine operating at (or very close to) the stated capacity, but your mileage may vary (as it were), depending on such factors as the level of humidity where you live, the quality of your electrical system, and the thickness of the paper stock that you are shredding. The cutting blades are heat treated solid steel (and under lifetime warranty), and dealt with paper clips and staples with no problems whatsoever. We also liked the extra wide 16 inch paper feed which gives you the ability to not only shred the most common paper sizes, but can fit larger custom sheets as well.
We like a machine that is easy to use and the FD 8500CC really shines in that regard. Even the neophytes among us found this machine, with its LED control panel, as easy as pie to operate. Of special note are the optical sensor enabled automatic start/stop function (that allows for "walk away" use), and the manual button for lighter materials that the sensors might not pick up on.
Shredder maintenance is not rocket science, but it is something that every shredder needs and that all users should be aware of. The FD 8500CC makes it simple with a special indicator light that lets you know when the cutting heads need oiling, and Formax even offers an optional add-on oiling system to make it even easier. There is also an automatic cleaning mode wherein you can put the motor into reverse to clear the blades of paper particles that collect over time.
The FD 8500CC also has some great safety features, such as automatic power cutoff when the bin door is open, or when the waste box needs emptying. It also has a circuit breaker to keep electrical issues at bay and an automatic reverse mode when the machine senses a paper jam.
At 242 pounds, the FD 8500CC is a fairly weighty machine. Though it does come on casters for easy moving about the office, you will need a few people to help get it to its destination when it is shipped.
Though the FD 8500CC has thermal protection to keep from the motor from overheating, you will probably want to make sure that you stay within the limits of the motor, as you would with any shredder.
You Save: 54%
You Save: 53%
You Save: 42%
You Save: 22%