Sorry, but HSM 412.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Professional Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
HSM 412.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Professional Paper Shredder
- With its practical filling hopper, the HSM 412.2 is the answer if crumpled paper is frequently the material to be shredded.
- Keypad for constant operation and reverse.
- Auto stop when container is full or door is open.
- Fully integrated, mechanical-compression device for crosscutting units.
- Specially hardened steel cutters can handle occasional standard paper clips or staples.
- Practical storage space with optional paper trays for paper stacks. (Paper trays available for purchase.)
- Specially convenient pull-out system for removing the integrated, sturdy, reusable shred-bin bag.
- Powerful, specially adjusted motor for longer periods of use---with thermal protection for high performance.
- The tried-and-tested closed-tooth wheel drive prevents penetration of dirt and slows wear, increasing the service life.
- Enclosed housing protects against the spread of paper dust and provides for "whisper quiet" shredding.
- Filling hopper for crumpled paper with an integrated pre-compactor.
- Crosscut shredders should be oiled to maintain top working condition.
- Shred Size: 1/8" x 2"
- Security Level: 3
- Capacity: 33-35 Sheets
- Feed Width: 15.8"
- Speed: 24 ft./min.
- Motor: 2100 W 115 V/60 Hz
- Waste Bin: 38.5 gallons
- Weight: 187 lbs.
- Dimensions: 23.4" x 18.5" x 49"
- Warranty: 20 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 2 Years on Parts and Labor
HSM 412.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Professional Paper Shredder Review
These days it's not hard to find a large, departmental shredder on an office floor that can handle large stacks of paper. But what if your entire waste basket needs to be shred? Enter the HSM 412.2cc to the rescue. This shredder boasts of a large filling hopper that can accommodate entire bins of crumpled paper. It also accepts a wide variety of media and is easy to use. Here is an in-depth look at the HSM 412.2cc.
With so many automatic features, use is a breeze. After the machine is on, it sits in a standby mode as indicated by an LED display. An electronic controller directs the photoelectric cell to start and stop the blades as it senses items in the feed. If things get jammed, the automatic reverse helps to unclog the blades by rotating backward to send materials back out to the user. A keypad offers user-controlled constant operation and reverse functions.
A filling hopper on top of the shredder allows the emptying of entire waste baskets, wadded up paper and all. An integrated pre-compactor compresses the items for easier feeding of the blades. A wide, 16 inch slot on the front takes in flat stacks of paper up to 35 sheets at once. The sturdy cutting shafts can destroy the standard staples, paperclips and credit cards as well as CDs, DVDs, floppy disks, and even DAT cartridges. All materials are shred as fast as 31 feet per minute.
The cross cutting mechanism takes all those items and converts them into tiny pieces only 1/8" by 2" in size. These small particles offer a level three security, perfect for office shredding. At this level, generic office paperwork stays safe as well as confidential documents, such as bank statements, employee records, and personal information.
Small paper confetti is collected in a large 42 gallon container. A special pull-out system simplifies the emptying of the sturdy, reusable shred bag. If the bag is full or the cabinet door is open, the machine stops shredding automatically until the issue is fixed.
This product carries a two year warranty on parts and labor. The cutting cylinders are covered for 20 years.
This shredder weighs 187 pounds when empty. Thankfully there are rollers mounted on the bottom for easy mobility. We think this won't be a problem for most users.
The particles created only provide a medium level three security. For most offices, this is completely acceptable. But businesses with large amounts of highly classified or top secret documents to destroy will need a high security device, such as the 411.2 Level 5 or 6.
Because this is such a high capacity machine, it is also large and bulky. Smaller offices may not need this much shredder. While it's usually better to have a more capable device than you actually need, be sure you are purchasing the best shredder for your business.
Clearly the HSM 412.2cc is a perfect system for a large, busy office. The hopper is an added bonus with its ability to take full baskets of paper wads and efficiently shred them. EDP departments will especially appreciate the continuous shredding of computer print outs. We think any large office will benefit from the purchase of the HSM 412.2cc Professional Paper Shredder.