Sorry, but HSM FA490cc Cross Cut Conveyor Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
HSM FA490cc Cross Cut Conveyor Shredder
- Easily shreds Paper, Paper Clips, Staples, and Credit Cards
- Shreds CD/DVDs and floppy disks
- Touch keypad and Auto-reverse.
- Practical loading table for easy loading
- Two 4hp Motors
- Mobile on castors
- Material infeed via conveyor belt for optimum loading and operation
- Shred Size: 3/8" x 1.5" - 3" Cross Cut
- Capacity: 300-320 Sheets
- Security Level: Level 2
- Feed Width: 20"
- Voltage: 220v.
- Waste Bin: 95 gallons
- Weight: 1235 lbs.
- Dimensions: 51" x 46" x 76"
- Warranty: 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 1 Year on Parts, and Labor
HSM FA490cc Cross Cut Conveyor Belt Shredder Review
The HSM FA490cc is an excellent system for industrial shredding. This machine reliably takes in large amounts of materials and destroys them at impressive speeds. Large businesses will benefit from the efficient, continual disposal of a variety of items. With the added convenience of a conveyor belt system, the 490cc is both easy to use and functional. Here is a closer look at the details of this machine.
- Operation of this device is fairly simple. A master switch supplies power to the machine while a touch keypad controls actual use. In the rare case of a paper jam, the blades will automatically stop and reverse to help clear the clogged items quickly. The auto stop also kicks in when the shred container is full. Once emptied and replaced, the machine will shred as normal.
- Swift, continuous operation runs smoothly thanks to the dual 4-horsepower motors. Each cutting shaft is powered by its own motor, providing extra strength. The engine is protected from overheating, allowing all day use without needing frequent cool down periods.
- The conveyor belt system is highly convenient. A large, practical table provides a workspace as well as storage spot for extra stacks waiting to shred. Items placed on the electronic conveyor belt feed smoothly into the spinning blades.
- As many as 320 sheets can enter the machine at once. The blades easily take in staples and paperclips, as well as credit cards, CDs, DVDs, and floppy disks. Even three ring binders and smaller, open phone books are shred with ease. The wide 20 inch feed allows oversized items and disorganized stacks to go through without needing to straighten them first. Particles created are collected in a massive 98 gallon waste container.
- The solid steel cutting shafts are covered by warranty for 10 years. The rest of the device carries a one year warranty on parts and labor.
- This shredder weighs over 1000 pounds. There are casters on the bottom for added mobility but it will still be bulky and heavy to move from one location to another.
- The remnants created only offer a level 2 security rating. For generic office shredding of low risk documents, such as old work orders and memos, this is completely acceptable. But confidential materials, especially highly classified information, should go through a higher security cross cutting device. We suggest the HSM 411.2 Level 5 Cross Cut Shredder.
- Most industrial shredders are fairly large and this one is no exception. Small to medium offices may not need this much capacity and would be fine with a smaller machine, such as the 450.2cc. Before investing in such a big shredder, be sure you have the space required.
As you can see, the HSM FA490cc is more than capable to meet the heavy duty needs of any large business or industry. It would be especially beneficial in a distribution center or corporation needing to shred massive amounts of material daily. With a powerful motor and easy to use features, this shredder is both efficient and convenient. We think the 490cc is an excellent choice for your next industrial shredder.