Sorry, but Standard Horizon 3050s Strip Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 3050s Strip Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 2 Strip Cut
- Feed Width: 10"
- Sheet Capacity: 25 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Speed: 22 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 16 gallons
- Motor HP: 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 95
- Dimensions: 30.5" x 16.75" x 15.25"
- Part Number: 3050s
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 3050s Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
For a low level security shredder with enough capacity for medium to larger offices, Standard’s 3050s is a reliable choice. Designed to automatically turn on when needed, or off when the bag is full or when there is a jam, this machine is simple to use. The 10 inch paper entry slot is built to handle up to 25 sheets at once at speeds up to 22 feet per minute. Your documents are quickly shredded into unreadable strips and stored in a large 16 gallon waste bin, ready to be wheeled to the recycle bin when full. Here is a closer look at the 3050s.
- With its built in automatic on/off switch, this deskside shredder works right when you need it. After sitting idle for a period of time, the machine powers down to save energy. The automatic off also functions as a sensor when the bag is full or when there is a paper jam, alerting the user to the problem so it can be resolved as soon as possible.
- The 10 inch wide paper entry can handle as many as 25 sheets of paper at up to 22 feet per minute. Since it only takes about 30 seconds for standard sized paper to go through, you’ll spend no time at all standing at the shredder.
- The 16 gallon waste container is adequate to handle a reasonable amount of shredding before filling up. With its easy to empty design and casters for moving, disposal of the shredding waste is a breeze. The waste bin is also equipped with a sensor to detect when the container is left open. An alert lets the user know that the bin is still open, preventing shreds from spreading across the floor
- This is a low security shredder, slicing papers into only 1/4 inch thick strips. Offices with low risk documents will still be secure. However, if you need more protection for your information or for that of your clients, an upgrade to a cross cut shredder may be a good idea.
- With strips instead of the cross cut particles offered by other machines, the waste container fills up faster. On this model, the 16 gallon waste bin is more than adequate for most offices. If you find yourself taking more trips to the trash than you would like, take a look at some of Standard’s larger models with more waste storage.
- The throat width is only 10 inches. Again, this is ample width for most office purposes. Businesses needing to shred large amounts of wider documents may want to invest in a shredder with a wider opening.
Standard’s 3000 line of office shredders are known for being high quality and this one is no different. With features such as automatic on/off and a capacity for 25 sheets at once, this device is easy and quick to use. When things do go wrong, the machine lets you know, whether the bag is full, the waste container is open or there is a jam, alerting you quickly so it can be fixed and you can get back to work. For low level security needs, the 3050s is an excellent choice.