MBM Destroyit 4002 Micro Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0392
- Comprehensive SPS safety package: Easy Switch control element uses illuminated color codes and symbols to indicate operational status and functions as an emergency stop switch; patented, electronically controlled, transparent safety shield in the feed opening; automatic power cut-off when cabinet is opened or shred bin is full; automatic reverse and power cut-off when overfed; double protection against overheating; Zero Energy Consumption sleep mode cuts off power supply after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Automatic start and stop controlled by photo cell.
- Patented Electronic Capacity Control (ECC) indicator prevents jams by monitoring sheet capacity levels during operation.
- Automatic oil injection ensures optimal performance at all times (cross-cut models). High quality, hardened steel cutting shafts take staples, paper clips, credit cards, and CDs / DVDs. Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty on the cutting shafts. Quiet and powerful single phase motor rated for continuous operation.
- Sturdy Twin Drive System with fully enclosed gear box housing.
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters.
- Convenient, environmentally friendly shred bin does not require disposable shred bags.
- Compatible Supplies: Destroyit 901 Bags
- Security Level: P-5
- Particle Size: 2 x 15 mm (3/32 x 5/8 inches)
- Sheet Capacity: 14-16
- Shred Speed: 25 ft./min.
- Shred Capabilities (non-paper): Paper Clips, Credit Cards and CDs/DVDs
- Shred Volume: 44 gal.
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Electrical Requirements: 115 V
- Maximum Horsepower: 1 3/4
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"
- Shipping Weight: 240 lbs.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty on cutting shafts
MBM Corporation presents the DestroyIt 4002 Centralized Office Model Business Shredder with automatic function and a 16-inch feed opening. Our innovative easy switch control element ensures simple and intuitive operation. The quiet, very powerful 1 ¾ hp single-phase motor with twin-drive system provides a shred capacity of up to 35 sheets in the strip-cut version and up to 26 sheets in the cross-cut. Any strip or cross-cut version is suitable for the destruction of CDs and DVDs. The ECC Electronic Capacity Control indicator ensures continuous and efficient shredding. Our precision cutting shafts are constructed entirely of high-grade hardened steel and are backed by a lifetime warranty. Safety features include an electronically controlled transparent safety shield in the feed opening. It is part of the SPS safety package which sets the standard when it comes to operational safety. With a 53-gallon shred volume, the pull-out back frame with roller mechanism allows neat and easy removal of the full bag. The 4002 also comes with an environment friendly energy saving mode. DestroyIt – Quality Made in Germany.
MBM Destroyit 4002 Micro Cut Paper Shredder Review
Secure shredders are becoming a necessity in every office. The Destroyit 4002 Micro Cut shredder is a great choice for any business. Quality craftsmanship is backed by a one year warranty with a lifetime guarantee on the hardened steel cutting shafts. Automatic functions provide reliable and simple use. Here is a more detailed look the the 4002 Micro Cut shredder.
Why you want it:
It is safe and easy to use. The wide 16 inch opening is covered by a transparent safety shield to prevent fingers and other objects from entering the blades. A photo cell sensor detects inserted paper and turns on the machine for you. Use is controlled by a single button with options for stand-by, stop, and reverse. An automatic shut off is triggered when the shred bag is full, the cabinet door is open, or there is paper jam. Jams are quickly cleared as the machine reverses the paper out of the blades. To save you electricity, the machine powers down to a sleep mode after one hour of inactivity.
It has a powerful, reliable motor. The single phase motor is rated for sustained use and double protected against overheating. The sturdy twin drive system has a dustproof casing for durable gears to prevent corrosion. These work to keep your shredder in top working condition.
It has good capacity and security. The wide mouth eats up to 16 sheets at once including staples, paperclips, credit cards, and CDs. While in use, the Electronic Capacity Control indicates the exact sheet capacity level. The hardened steel blades power through documents as fast as 25 feet per minute so you can quickly shred and go on your way. The tiny shreds left are minute enough to rate a level 4 security, keeping confidential information safe.
It has ample, easily emptied storage. A 53 gallon shred bag sits in a pull-out bag frame mounted on rollers for easy removal and replacement.
Some things to consider:
Your capacity needs. This device only accepts up to 16 sheets at once. For small to medium offices with moderate shredding needs, this is plenty, especially when you consider how fast it shreds. If your office needs a high volume device, you may be more interested in a lower security, higher volume model or an industrial sized machine.
Size. At over 38 inches tall and weighing 227 pounds, this is a fairly large piece of office equipment. However, it is mounted on casters and we don't foresee weight to be an issue.
Lubrication. MBM recommends that cross cut shredders be oiled for every 30 minutes of use. This may or may not be an issue for you, depending on your usage. If you find yourself oiling more than you would like, consider the 4005 model, which is equipped with an automatic oil injection system.
As you can see, the MBM Destroyit 4002 is well suited to handle the shredding needs of any office. Tiny shreds keep confidential information secure. The 4002 is both dependable and easy to use. We would highly recommend the 4002 Micro Cut for your next centralized office shredder.
Compare to Similar Shredders
|Model Name||Destroyit 4002||Destroyit 2503||Destroyit 3104||Destroyit 3105||Destroyit 3804|
|Strip Width||2 x 15 mm (3/32" x 5/8")||2 x 15 mm (3/32" x 5/8")||2 x 15 mm (3/32" x 5/8")||2 x 15 mm (3/32" x 5/8")||2 x 15 mm (3/32" x 5/8")|
|Shred Speed||25 ft./min.||24 ft./min.||18 ft./min.||30 ft./min.||20 ft./min.|
|Shred Capabilities||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards||Paper Clips, Credit Cards||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards|
|Shred Volume||44 gal||20 gal||32 gal||37 gal||44 gal|
|Feed Opening||16"||10 1/4"||12"||12"||16"|
|Electrical Requirements||115 V||115 V||115 V||115 V||115 V|
|Maximum Horsepower||1 3/4||3/4||1||2 1/8||1|
|Dimensions (D x W x H)||23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"||14 3/4" x 19 3/4" x 34 1/4"||18 1/2" x 21" x 36 1/2"||23" x 22" x 40"||23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"|