Sorry, but Standard Horizon 3050x Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Standard Horizon 3050x Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Automatic On/Off
- Bag full/jam Auto-Off
- Waste Container Open Detection
- Medium duty paper shredding
- Mobile on Casters
- Security Level: Level 3 Cross Cut
- Feed Width: 10"
- Sheet Capacity: 12 sheets
- Shred Size: 1/8" x 1-3/16"
- Speed: 18 feet/min
- Waste Volume: 16 gallons
- Motor HP: 1/2
- Voltage: 115
- Weight: 95
- Dimensions: 30.5" x 16.75" x 15.25"
- Part Number: 3050x
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard Horizon 3050x Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
Standard has developed a reputation for delivering high quality products and their 3050x cross cut shredder is no exception. This machine is designed to be durable and easy to use, including features such as an automatic on/off, an automatic off when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam, and waste container open detection. Documents are quickly cross cut into tiny particles, ensuring safety for your personal information. The extra-large 16 gallon waste bin simply wheels to the recycle bin for easy emptying. The following is a more in depth look at the 3050x.
- Equipped with an automatic on/off function, this shredder starts working as you slide in your documents. After you have finished, it powers down to save energy. Along with the automatic off feature comes a sensor that tells the machine when the bag is full or if there is a paper jam. Again it shuts down immediately so the problem can be taken care of in a timely manner.
- The 10 inch feed opening can handle up to 12 sheets at once. With rapid rates up to 18 feet per minute, you won’t have to spend all day to get your shredding pile done.
- The cross cutting blades slice and dice paper into tiny pieces measuring only 1/8 inch by 1-3/16 inch. These particles are virtually impossible to make whole again, ensuring that not only your information but also any confidential client records you may have stay safe and secure. Another benefit to the cross cut confetti is the slower filling of the waste container, lessening the amount of trips taken to the recycle bin.
- Finally, the waste container on this model is a generous 16 gallons. This also reduces how many times the bin needs to be emptied. The casters make it easily wheeled over to the trash. The bin is also fitted with a sensor that alerts the user if the waste container is still open, allowing the user to make sure it is fully closed before continuing.
- The throat width is limited to 10 inches. Many medium to large offices will find this to be plenty of width for all their shredding needs. Some, however, may need to dispose of a larger amount of wider documents. If this is the case, you may think about upgrading to a model with a wider opening for easier shredding.
- The opening is limited to 12 sheets. Again, most offices won’t find this to be a problem, especially considering the fast rate at which it shreds. For those businesses with high volume shredding needs or those desiring to shred in even less time, Standard does offer larger machines capable of handling more sheets at a faster rate.
This shredder demonstrates once again the quality that Standard is known for. Its automatic functions and alerts allow for easy, uncomplicated shredding. The shreds disappear into a sizable 16 gallon waste container equipped with casters for easy emptying. Paperwork is destroyed into tiny confetti, keeping you and your clientele secure. For your next medium duty office shredder, Standard’s 3050x is definitely one to keep on the top of your list.