- Automatic Cutting System sharpens lead evenly and prevents over-sharpening
- Precision cutting blades made of Solingen Steel
- Accepts oversized artist pencils
- Point adjuster for sharp or blunt tip
- Easy to clean blades are perfect for use with graphite and colored pencils
- Easy to clean transparent shaving cup
- Mounting clamp included but not necessary for portable sharpening
- Blade: Ground Fluted Cylinder
- Replaceable Blade: Yes
- Oversize Pencils: Yes
- Part Number: 155
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC Code: 76769155008
Reviewed on 4/6/2016
I had this exact sharpener as a kid 40 years ago, held up great and made an excellent conversation piece! It looks like they haven't changed the design at all. One-handed operation is very convenient.
Reviewed on 8/17/2015
I keep mine on a woodworking bench. I use it as a hand held model rather than mounting it. It gives a quick fairly fine point quite consistently without chewing up the pencils or sharpening until the point breaks.
I tried to get away with less expensive ones but never found one that worked well and lasted. So far this sharpener is doing both.
I'd give it 5 stars if it weren't made of so much plastic.
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a quick look at the Dahle Rotary Pencil Sharpener, the model 155, a professional pencil sharpener. Two clamps come together as the pencil is inserted and the black face slides out down toward the end of the pencil. And as you sharpen and you shave the pencil, the black face closes in toward the rest of the unit, pulling down the pencil, making it nice and sharp. Squeeze the clamps and your pencil's all done. The model 155 goes in the hand or stands alone on a desk. It also comes with a small clamp that you could put over the edge of the table. The waste bin pulls out from the front here. For more demos, reviews, and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Dahle ROTARY SHARPENERS - Professional Sharpener Review
Whether you're an artist, writer, drafter, office professional, or teacher, if you are looking for a great pencil sharpener, office supply titan Dahle has a great product for you. It's their Professional Pencil Sharpener (model #155). This is a tool that has the ability to sharpen many different kinds of pencils and it can be easily mounted. Since this is a Dahle product, it is made from first-rate materials and it has a terrific warranty, even though it does have a couple of drawbacks. This review will talk about the pros and cons of this Dahle pencil sharpener.
- This product's blades are made from one of the best metals available: high-quality Solingen steel from Germany, Dahle's homeland. This ensures that your sharpener will be able to provide you with years of use. It is unlikely the blades will get dull, but if they do, they can be replaced.
- Each unit has an automatic cutting system that will provide you with the point you need for your pencil. This system prevents the over-sharpening of your writing utensils (which will help make your pencil last longer) and it also allows you to choose between a either a blunt tip or a sharp one. To choose the sharpness of your pencil, all you need to do is turn a dial to make your selection.
- No matter what kind of pencil you're using, this product can sharpen it. This includes graphite pencils no matter how hard or soft, as well as colored and oversized pencils.
- This product's blades and shavings cup are both easy to clean. Regular cleaning and emptying of the shavings cup will allow you to enjoy having a new-looking product, while cleaning the blades will keep dust and wax-like substances from building up.
- You can mount this pencil sharpener on just about any surface and a clamp has been included for that purpose. You don't need to mount it, however, especially if you want the option of being able to transport your sharpener.
- Dahle offers a lifetime warranty on this product.
- Although you can technically treat this gadget as a portable pencil sharpener, you may find that the unit's bulkiness makes this difficult. This is a square, boxy product that obviously can't be slipped into a pencil case. However, you may find room for it in a backpack or briefcase.
- This one of the more pricey sharpeners on the market and is priced at $29.95. If you just need a basic unit for everyday use, Dahle's Chubby sharpener would probably be a more cost-effective choice, as it will only set you back $3.95. (Plus that unit is more portable.)
- This is a manual sharpener and Dahle hasn't yet manufactured an electric version of this product.
The Dahle Professional Pencil Sharper is a great choice for schools, offices, and other organizations or individuals who need such a tool. Although the price may seem a bit high, this product has a lot of features that justify the cost such as the automatic cutting system and the lifetime warranty. If you have the money, this product would be a wonderful selection.