- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Zero Energy Stand-By: Consumes no Power While the Machine is in Stand-by Mode.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1188
- EAN Code: 4026631030809
- Shredder material: Paper and Paper Clip
- Cutting type: Cross Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 3
- Cutting width: 1/4 in
- Particle length: 25 in
- Intake width: 9 in
- Container volume: 6.6 gal
- Cutting capacity: 6 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 62 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 150 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 9.4 in
- Width: 12.8 in
- Height: 16.66 in
- Weight: 10 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 0.20 kW
HSM 90.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Compact Paper Shredder Review
You can't be too careful with private information these days and that's one reason why shredders are so important. Designed for secure personal use, the HSM 90.2cc is an effective way to keep your identity safe. Programmed with automatic features for simple use and a quiet motor, this handy device is very convenient. Here are some of the strengths and weaknesses of the 90.2cc.
The petite dimensions of this shredder allow it to store tidily under your desk. And moving it around won't be a problem, since it only weighs about nine pounds.
A single switch controls on, off, and reverse functions. Once on, the machine sits in an energy conserving stand-by mode until use is needed. The blades start and stop automatically as items are inserted into the feed and shred. A full waste container also triggers the motor to stop until the bin is emptied and replaced. Reverse helps to unclog any paper jams by feeding materials back out to the user.
The motor utilizes a powerful closed-tooth wheel drive system that prevents the penetration of dirt. This slows down wear and tear and helps to prolong the life of your machine. It is also thermally protected from overheating. The noise level produced measures about 65 decibels, which is much quieter than comparable shredders.
A 8.9 inch opening accepts stapled and paperclipped documents as many as 4 sheets thick and shreds them as fast as 12 feet per minute. The particles created rate a level 3 security, keeping your confidential information safe. Paper confetti rains down into a 6.6 gallon waste container. The bin has an additional slot at the front of the machine for the quick addition of other waste.
HSM offers a one year warranty on parts for this device with 180 days of coverage for labor.
Level three is only medium security. While most confidential business and personal materials stay safe at this level, highly classified documents need to go through a high security device, such as the 125.2.
The lower capacities, such as four sheets at 12 feet per minute, are only good for light use. Offices needing a shredder shared between multiple people with moderate needs will want something bigger. We suggest the HSM 104.3.
The motor will need frequent cool down periods to avoid overheating. Users with only light shredding needs may not even notice this happening. But companies with more than occasional shredding will want a machine with a more powerful motor.
As you can see, the HSM 90.2cc is a great little deskside shredder. A quiet motor and fast steel blades along with automated features are all packaged into a compact device that can sit under your desk. Security is at your fingertips with this convenient and efficient shredder. We think the HSM 90.2cc is a great option for a home office or company workspace needing light use by a only a few users. We would recommend this device for your next personal shredder.