- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Zero Energy Stand-By: Consumes no Power While the Machine is in Stand-by Mode.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1105
- EAN Code: 4026631023658
- Shredder material: Paper, Paper Clip and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Cross Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 3
- Cutting width: 5/32 in
- Particle length: 1 in
- Intake width: 9 in
- Container volume: 5.7 gal
- Cutting capacity: 7 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 62 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 150 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 10 7/10 in
- Width: 14 1/3 in
- Height: 19 7/10 in
- Weight: 14 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 0.20 kW
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s take a quick look at the HSM classic 102.2, a level 2/3 strip or a cross-cut shredder. This document shredder ensures data security in private areas and home offices. Its induction-hardened solid steel cutting rollers are impervious to staples and paperclips and guarantee a long service life. It has a shred capacity of 7 – 18 sheets of 20-pound paper depending if you want strip or cross-cut, likewise it will shred at a level 2 or 3 security. Jams are very seldom because of the strength of the motor but should you need to back out a project, simply hit the reverse button, pull it out, flip around and start again. It has a 5.7 gallon waste bin and a window to see in the front just how full things are getting. There it is. That’s the HSM Classic 102.2 shredder. For more demos, reviews and how to’s, check out MyBinding.com.
HSM 102.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Compact Paper Shredder Review
The highest in HSM's line of compact paper shredders is the 102.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut. Offering automatic features and quiet operation, this device is easy to use and convenient. Strong blades rapidly shred all your documents into small pieces impossible to reassemble. This machine is great for a home or small office with light duty, medium security needs. Let's take a closer look.
The compact size of this device allows it to store neatly in tiny offices. And movement is very easy, since it only weighs about 15 pounds.
One multi-function control button operates on, off, and reverse functions. After the shredder is turned on, it sits in a standby mode that doesn't consume energy. An automatic mechanism turns the blades on and off as items are sensed in the feed opening. The auto stop also kicks in when the shred bin is full. The reverse functions to clear jams by sending clogged items back out to the user.
The powerful closed-tooth wheel drive system prevents dirt penetration, thereby decreasing wear and tear which in turn increases the service life of your machine. Thermal fuse protection prevents overheating.
A 8.9 inch opening easily takes in 3-5 sheets at a time and shreds them as fast as 12 sheets per minute. The remnants float down into a 6.6 gallon waste receptacle. The container has an extra opening for the addition of non-shredded waste. A window on the front displays the contents, keeping you aware of how soon the next emptying will need to be.
Cross cutting cylinders dice up paperwork into tiny pieces only 5/32" by 1" in size. These small particles earn a level 3 security rating. At this level, you can safely destroy bank statements, medical records, and other confidential personal and business documents.
On this product HSM provides a one year warranty on parts. Labor is covered for 180 days.
The shreds only rate a level three. This is great for most office shredding needs but isn't appropriate for the destruction of highly classified materials. Businesses needing more than medium security will need a high security shredder, such as the HSM 125.2 Level 5 or 6.
Though this machine can shred 12 sheets per minute, it can't do so continuously. The motor will require a cool down period following a short burst of heavy use. Depending on your usage, you may not even notice this. But offices with even moderate shredding needs will prefer a device with a more powerful motor that can handle all day use.
The capacities on here are on the low end. For a small, personal shredder, this is completely normal. Use by multiple people or for higher shredding quantities will wear it out quickly. If this is your case, we suggest the HSM 104.3 for higher capacities.
The 102.2cc is ideal for personal use in a home or small office. It could even be shared between a few users with occasional shredding needs. Offering easy storage under a desk and quick shredding by solid steel blades, this machine is both convenient and efficient. We would recommend this shredder for a small or home office with medium security, light duty needs.
You Save: 27%
You Save: 29%
You Save: 51%
You Save: 56%
You Save: 49%