- Unique Design: The PF-P280 has a single fold plate horizontally positioned under the feed table to reduce machine noise and minimize space requirements. Push button controls, LED indicator lamps, and simple fold-plate adjustment controls combine to allow the operator to quickly dial in the fold. The control panel also features a single sheet test feed button to assist the operator during set-up.
- Economical. Simple. Quiet. Compact: In simplifying the multitude of automatic folding styles offered on higher-priced folders, the PF-P280 focuses on doing one thing exceptionally well: producing a widely-used and popular singlefold at a price that is very reasonable. Combined with its ease of use, multi-fold capability, quiet operation, and compact size, it's the absolute best folder available for budget-minded users.
- Simple Maintenance: You can easily change the feed roller and separator pad. Tool-less removal of the fold roller makes cleaning or replacement a simple task.
- Folding Patterns: Half Fold with one pass. Letter Fold, Z-Fold, Double Parallel, Gate Fold and Engineering Fold with two passes.
- Maximum Sheet Size: 11"W x 17"L
- Minimum Sheet Size: 2.6"W x 3.4"L
- Stock Weight: 13 lb. to 28 lb. bond**(50-105 gsm)
- Folding Speed: Up to 190 sheets/minute on 8.5"x11"
- Maximum Pile Height: .85" (approx. 200 sheets)
- Preset Sheet Sizes: 5.5"x8.5", 8.5"x11", 8.5"x14", 11"x17"
- Preset Fold Patterns: Letter Fold, Z-Fold
- Fold Pattern Options: Double Parallel Fold, Engineering Fold, Gate Fold
- Counter: Digital display (Total count/reset)
- Power: 115V 60Hz 65W
- Dimensions: 19.1"L x 18.3"W x 12.5"H
- Weight/Shipping Weight: 55 lbs./65 lbs.
- Single Sheet Feed control: Test Button
- Option(s): Crossfold Guide
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Standard PF-P280 Automatic Paper Folder Review
Folding paper is very time-consuming as well as tedious. If you need to fold a lot of sheets on a regular basis, you should invest in a paper folder such as the Standard PF-P280. Here are its strengths and weaknesses.
The PF-P280 is the device to have if you want a machine that will quickly fold your paper. This folder can process up to 190 sheets per minute which adds up to 11,400 over the course of an hour. Imagine how much you'll be able to accomplish with this device.
This machine has four preset sheet sizes for your convenience. The sizes are 5.5" x 8" (half-letter), 8.5" x 11" (letter), 8.5" x 14" (legal), and 11" x17" (tabloid). You also have the option of programming your own sizes which will come in handy when you're working on a special project. Also, you can use paper that's both thick and thin, such as 13 and 28 lb. sheets. Paper can be as small as 2.6" x 3.4" and as large as 11" x 17".
The PF-P280 has a number of folds it can do. It's capable of doing letter and Z-fold which are the folds that are most commonly used. This device can also do double parallel, engineering, and gate folds if your project demands a more unique look. And you can keep tabs on what's going on thanks to the machine's digital counter.
This is actually a rather compact device that measures approximately 19" (length) x 18" (width) x 12.5" (height). You should be able to find a place for it in your work area without having to move a lot of stuff around. Just be careful moving it to a new location because this devices tips the scales at 55 pounds.
The PF-P280 operates quietly so it won't bother the people in your office.
Finally, this product is covered by a one-year warranty.
The PF-P280 isn't able to handle glossy stocks. If you need a device with which to fold that type of paper, you should consider getting an air feed folder instead.
If your documents demand any fold but a single one, you'll need to run them through the device again to get the look you want. This could be a bit of pain, especially if you're working with a lot of documents.
If you want a crossfold guide to use with this item, you need to purchase it separately.
The Standard PF-P280 is a good little paper folder especially if you need something that can fold a lot of sheets quickly. It's incredible that this device can fold almost 200 sheets per minute. (Imagine folding that much paper manually. It would take a very long time.) The number of folds this machine can do is also impressive and there's bound to be one that's right for each document you process. Plus, you'll be able to work with sheets of varying sizes and weights. Just keep in mind that this device can't process glossy stocks and that you'll need to pass your documents through again if you're doing anything but a single fold. If you can live with those two things, you should check out the PF-P280 today so you can start folding.