- Stapler Type: Compact Desktop
- Staple Capacity: Half Strip (105 Staples)
- Size of Staple Used: 1/4 in
- Type of Staple Used: S.F. 4 Premium Staples, Standard Staples
- Sheet Capacity : 20
- Staple Loading: Top
- Throat Depth : 1 1/2 in
- Color(s): Black
- Material(s): Metal, Plastic
- Replacement Staples: SWI35440
- GBC Quartet Part Number: 66412
- Primary UPC: 074711664127
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC: 074711664127
- Detailed Color: Black
- Material: Plastic
- Performance Guarantee: No
- Period of Warranty: Limited 1-year
- Pinning: No
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 20
- Staple Capacity: 105
- Staple Leg Length: 1/4"
- Stapler Size: Half Strip
- Tacking Ability: No
- Country of origin: China
Swingline Compact LightTouch Reduced-Effort Stapler Review
Are you looking for a new Swingline stapler for your home or office? If so, you may want to check out the company’s Compact LightTouch Reduced-Effort stapler. This is a product that’s a small size, is easy to use, and it works with some of the most commonly found staples on the market. Here’s an in-depth look at this product so you can decide whether it will fit your needs.
- The Swingline Compact’ stapling capacity isn’t the best in the world. This device can staple up to 20 sheets of paper. This is a pretty typical amount for a desk stapler, so it will be good for everyday documents. However, if you need something that can handle more sheets, you might want to opt for a heavy-duty device.
- If you want a stapler that won’t take up a lot of room, this product would be a good choice. It’s small and compact and can even be toted around with you.
- This device can only be loaded with a half-strip of staples. There are 210 staples in a strip, so you’ll be able to load the device with 105. You should expect to be reloading the device a lot if you plan on stapling a lot of documents.
- The Swingline Compact utilizes Swingline S.F. 4 premium and standard staples. These supplies are easy to find and are inexpensive. Using these fasteners ensures that your stapler will operate without any issues.
- This device has a very shallow throat that’s only 1.5” deep. Since it’s so shallow, you won’t be able to do any center stapling with it. If you need to do that kind of document fastening, you should consider a long-arm stapler.
- The Swingline Compact is easy to use and you only have to put out half the effort you’d normally use with any other stapler. This will be helpful when you’re processing a lot of documents because your hands won’t get worn out. It also makes stapling a much more pleasant experience.
- This product looks great thanks to its contemporary styling. The blue and gray color scheme will look great in any environment: the home, office, or classroom.
- This device has both metal and plastic parts so it’s pretty durable. The product is covered by a limited one-year warranty.
The Swinglie Compact is a pretty decent stapler especially if you just need something for occasional use. As discussed above, the 20-sheet stapling capacity isn’t great, but it’s typical of staples in this class. It should be fine for working with everyday documents, but you may want to consider a heavy-duty device instead if your documents tend to run long. It’s great that this device utilizes fasteners that are easy to find but you’ll want to get a good supply of them around since you’ll be reloading the stapler a lot. (Thanks to its ability to only handle half-strips.) You’ll appreciate how easy to use this device is and that it doesn’t require a lot of effort to use. And, of course, the warranty is good. While the Swingline Compact isn’t perfect, it does have enough good features for us to recommend it. So take a look at it today.