Swingline Ingento 24" x 24" Maple Guillotine Cutter - 1162
- Guillotine cutting of up to 15 sheets at once; 24" cutting length
- Steel tension spring keeps guillotine blade arm in place during active use
- Alignment grid and dual scale ruler for precise measuring
- Protective guard rail safety feature plus blade latch hook to lock blade while in storage
- Limited 10-year warranty
- Cutting Length: 24"
- Detailed Color: Maple
- Material: Wood
- Sheet Capacity (20 lb paper): 15
- Trimmer Type: Guillotine
- Period of Warranty: Limited 10-year
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a product review of the Swingline Ingento 24, a guillotine-style paper cutter made of solid maple. For decades, these guillotine-style trimmers have been used in offices, churches, schools, and everywhere. And if Swingline keeps making Ingentos like this of all sizes, it'll be decades more. Solid maple wood, stainless steel self-sharpening blades, guard rails, a latch hook for safety, a steel tension spring that secures your handle in any position, and a great alignment grid with a ruler that's both standard and metric measurements. The tabletop is 24 inches square, both width and height, and the blade itself is also 24 inches long. Cutting capacity is crucial in a paper trimmer. This Ingento blade can slice up to 15 sheets of 20lb paper per lift with no problem. We actually tried 20 and that was also not a problem, though the cut wasn't quite as precise. For our price point of under $290, it seems like a lot of money. However, for this style, you won't get much better than the Swingline Ingento 24. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Swingline Ingento 24″ X 24″ Maple Guillotine Cutter Review
As a member of the proud Swingline family of guillotine cutters, the Ingento 24″ x 24″ brings with it a strong reputation. Here are are some of this machine’s strengths along with a couple of weaknesses.
Strengths and Features:
- One could make the case that that the best feature of the Ingento 24″ x 24″ is that it carries the Ingento name. These paper cutters have long been considered the gold standard in the paper cutting world, and they are in use in schools, print and copy shops, churches, and businesses by the hundreds of thousands all over the planet. If nothing else, the Ingento 24″ x 24″ is a member of a proud and popular line and this machine contains all of the features that the industry has come to expect of an Ingento cutter.
- Of course, there is good reason behind the great reputation, and it starts with the solid and durable construction of these machines. The Ingento 24″ x 24″ is no different, featuring a base that is made of solid maple (many other trimmers use plastic or some sort of particle board), and a cutting arm that is made of die cast metal. Overall, this trimmer just has a nice solid feel to it, and it sure seems as if it were designed to supply the user with a good many years of trouble free cutting and trimming.
- The Ingento 24″ x 24″ features, of course, a cutting length if 24 inches, which is not only more than enough to handle legal and letter sized sheets, it can also easily process larger custom sizes as well. Some sizes of booklet paper can be cut lengthwise with this machine, saving you time and effort as well.
- The blade of the Ingento 24″ x 24″ is made of high quality stainless steel, and it is set up to sharpen itself as it works. If you should ever get any dings, etc., from accidental misuse, you can take the blade off and have it professionally sharpened as well, or you can simply order a replacement blade.
- When you are shopping paper trimmers, you will always want to make sure to take a good look at safety features. The Ingento 24″ x 24″ has three significant ones that are worth mentioning: there is a special latch that will keep the handle locked down when the machine is not in use, and guard rail for keeping fingers out of the path of the blade, and the blade itself is set up with a steel tension spring that holds the blade up and keeps it from falling down when you let go of the handle.
Weaknesses and Limitations:
- The Ingento 24″ x 24″ has a sheet capacity of 15 per lift (20lb stock), which is great for medium volume use. If, however, you are looking for a machine to cut thousands of sheets per week, you might want to find something that can handle more sheets at once in order to increase your productivity.
- The safety features are nice, but nothing can replace common sense. This is a machine that should only be used by adults who have been shown how to properly use it.
If this doesn't help, please call the ACCO Warranty line for further support: 877-234-3192. Hope this is helpful for you.