- Heavy duty metal construction.
- Punches up to 10,000 sheets/hr up to 12" in length. And binds up to 250 books/hr up to 2" thick.
- Push button punching operation
- 7 Disengageable Dies
- Hollow ground self-sharpening dies
- Adjustable depth margin.
- Part Number: T210EPB
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Reviewed on 11/2/2016
This is a great heavy duty binder. Easy to use, clean and maintain! Wish all of the parts were metal and not plastic.
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's have a look at Tamerica's 210EPB, an electric plastic comb binding machine. With this easy to use all-in-one unit, you can punch and bind a book of up to 425 sheets. Let's watch it in action.
The power switch is in the back and the side margin control knob allows you to set a setting so that all punches are consistent throughout your project. Using scrap paper, let's make a test punch. Push the red button on the top and the machine does its work. This is where you can check to see if your holes are lined up and nice and centered. On the right hand side, there is a knob to change the depth of margin. Depending upon the thickness of your book, you may want a thinner or thicker margin. This machine has 21 fully disengageable die pins, which allows you to work with many different sizes of paper. And its open throat design allows for really long, oversize projects.
When all settings are in place the way that you want them, let's begin with the covers and make our punch. It's nice to know that you can use not only plastic combs but GBC Zipbind Spines as well with the same punch pattern. And the 210EPB can punch up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper per lift.
Now, assemble your whole punched project together it's time to bind. When using your plastic comb make sure the teeth face up and the project faces down, that way it doesn't come apart in use. Drape the plastic comb over the teeth of comb opener; open it with the lever, and drape your project over the teeth of the comb; close it up with the same lever; remove your project, you're all done. All the punched holes fall into the tray below and are easy to dispose. And that is Tamerica 210EPB. For more demos, reviews, and how to's, check out MyBinding.com.
Tamerica Tashin 210EPB Electric Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
- The Tashin 210EPB is a heavy duty all metal electric plastic comb binding machine.
- Punching documents is as easy as simply pressing a button.
- Electric punch is capable of punching up to 10,000 sheets per hour or approximately 20 sheets per lift. This is ideal for users who need to bind documents every day.
- Includes a depth of punch margin adjustment for binding both thin and thick documents. It also includes fully disengageable dies and an open throat for binding short and long documents. The punch will handle up to 12" documents in a single pass and longer documents in two punches.
- Can bind documents as thin as just a few sheets with 3/16" combs and can bind documents as thick as 425 sheets with 2" combs.
- Heavy duty handle controls the plastic comb opener. The handle can be repositioned so that it is out of the way for opening combs that are longer than 12" in length.
- The 210EPB has a fairly long punch cycle. This is the time that it takes from you pushing the button until the punching is completed. For moderate volume users this shouldn't be a huge issue. However, for higher volume applications a faster punch might be ideal.
- This machine does not have a foot pedal activation switch for punching. A foot pedal is useful on an electric machine because it allows you to hold the documents with both hands.
- The machine is made of heavy duty steel and appears to be extremely well constructed.
- It has a nice large chip tray made from hardened plastic.
- This machine should hold up well in an office that does a fairly large amount of binding. It comes with a 1 year warranty.
- The 210EPB is extremely well built and has all of the important features that you would expect to find in a high quality electric comb binding machine.
- It is best suited for medium sized offices that do moderate amounts of binding. Larger organizations will want to look for a machine with a foot pedal and a faster punching cycle. However, the 210EPB is built to last and is a good choice for its price point.