- Comb Opener
- Comb Opener Handle: (can be set on left side also)
- Depth Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each wire/comb size. Maximizes document tear resistance
- Open Punching Throat: For punching of longer documents.
- Punch Throat & Ruler for Comb
- Diameter Scale: Measures comb Diameter.
- Large Capacity Waste Drawer
- Side Margin Control: Provides evenly centered punch for all document sizes.
- Die Disengagement Pins: All dies can be independently disengaged, allows punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation
- Heavy-Duty design by CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology
- Perfect for Bindery, Print Shop, Copy Center, Corporation, Advertising Agency, School, Office and more!
- Don't forget to choose from the wide selection of AKILES textured & color-coordinated Polycovers & Plastic Comb binding elements, to ensure your documents have a lasting impression!
- Jam Release (Reverse) Switch
- CE Certification: All components certified and approved by CE for the most stringent safe requirements.
- High Volume Punching Capacity: Up to 25 sheets 20lbs paper (Letter Size).
- Foot Pedal Operated
- Model: CombMac-24E
- Punching: Electric (Foot Pedal)
- Punching Pitch: Standard Comb Pitch
- Punching Length: 14" (with Open Ends for longer sizes)
- Disengagement Dies: All 24 dies
- Hole Sizes: Rectangular 3.12 x 7.94mm
- Single Punching Capacity: Up to 25 sheets of 20 lbs paper, letter size
- Binding Capacity: 3/16" - 2"
- Adjustable Side Margin: Included
- Adjustable Depth Margin: Included
- Weight & Volume: 70 lbs & 3.74 Cbft
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Start with scratch paper and set your side margin control so that all punches are consistent throughout your project. Remove any disengageable die pins you may need so you have no half punches. With the pedal, by hand or by foot, make your punch. There's a depth of margin control knob on the right hand side that lets you select the margin size according to your siz... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's take a look at the CombMac 24E, an electric 14-inch comb binding machine by Akiles. Built to last through thousands of binding projects, the CombMac 24E is a great binder. Let's watch it in action.
Start with scratch paper and set your side margin control so that all punches are consistent throughout your project. Remove any disengageable die pins you may need so you have no half punches. With the pedal, by hand or by foot, make your punch. There's a depth of margin control knob on the right hand side that lets you select the margin size according to your size project. When everything is set and you're ready to go, blast through your projects. Start by punching the covers and then the insides of your project up to 25 sheets of 20lb paper per batch. When you're all punched, gather your projects together, it's time to bind. Select the right size comb for your project and place it over the metal teeth of the comb opener at the top. In comb binding, keep the teeth of the comb faced up and the project faced down. That way it doesn't fall apart during use. The CombMac 24E allows you to switch sides with the lever for right- or left-handed use. Open the comb as far as you need and drape your project over the teeth of the comb, assuring that they all go through all of the holes. Close it up and you're all set. The comb opener is detachable for two-person processing and can handle plastic combs up to two inches in diameter for a very large book. That's it, that's the CombMac 24E by Akiles. For more demos, reviews, and how tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles CombMac 24E Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
As one of the few, legal-sized electric comb binding machines available on the market, the Akiles CombMac 24E already enjoys an advantage over most other machines. Akiles wisely decided to build the 24E on the same platform as its extremely successful CoilMac EPI and WireMac E machines, giving it the durability and productivity that Akiles machines are known for. Let's take a closer look at the various advantages and disadvantages of the 24E.
- The 24E is capable of punching fourteen inch legal sized documents and booklets in one punching cycle. For most other machines on the market, the user will be required to undergo a complicated setup procedure, and put the document through two punching cycles for legal-sized binding. The 24E also features a comb opener that will handle plastic combs that are up to twenty-four rings in length. Speaking of the comb opener, the 24E features a fairly unique reversible opener handle design. For lefties, this means that you will be able to move the handle to the other side for easier use. This is great for offices where the machine will have several different users.
- The dies are fully disengageable and contain a feature that allows you to control the depth of the punch margin. This is great for binding non standard length documents, and for use with a wide variety of plastic comb sizes up to two inches in diameter. The punch is one of the most heavy duty available, and will allow the user to punch up to twenty five sheets (though you may find it works better if you top out at about 23). One of the 24E's great features is the convenient foot pedal which allows the user to hold the pages securely during punching to ensure that the pages are aligned and the punch is accurate.
- The comb opener can be removed from the machine and used on its own, meaning that, for larger jobs, two people can work on a project at the same time. This can dramatically improve productivity.
- As stated above, fact that the 24E is built on the same well proven platform as Akiles' Coilmac EPI and WireMac E, making it almost assuredly one of the most durable machines on the market. Plus, the design helps to ensure that the machine is very simple to use.
- While the foot-operated punch is great for larger jobs, it might be a little more convenient if the CombMac 24E came with a push button operation option for smaller volume projects.
- As one of the most heavy-duty machines out there, the size and construction leave the 24E as not one of the most portable. The machine weighs in at a hefty 75 pounds, so you would be well advised to either put it on a wheeled cart, or to have a dedicated space for it in your office.
Considering the many features we have discussed here, the capacity for heavy duty use, and, last but not least, the fact that the next step up in comb binding machines will run you thousands of dollars more, anyone who will be doing medium to high volume plastic comb binding should take a good look at the Akiles CombMac 24E.
You Save: 50%
You Save: 47%
You Save: 49%
You Save: 46%
You Save: 40%