GBC / Swingline CombBind C450E Electric Comb Binding Machine - 7709100A
- Includes a new "Document Separator" that divides your sheets into perfect groups ready for punching.
- Has a new "Auto Centering System" that positions paper for perfect punching every time.
- Uses push Button Electric Punching
- Can punch up to 25 sheets of 20lb bond at one time.
- Can bind books up to 500 sheets with a maximum thickness of 2"
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Punch Method: Electric
- Punching Capacity: up to 25 Sheets
- Binding Capacity: up to 500 sheets
- Binding Max Thickness: 2"
- Document Size: Letter Size
- Includes: Document Separator
- Actual Machine Dimensions: 21.7"x19.6"x9.2"
- Actual Machine Weight: 33.45lbs
- Shipping Length: 21.7"
- Shipping Width: 9.2"
- Shipping Height: 19.6"
- Shipping Weight: 33.45lbs
- Primary UPC: 033816057203
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Manufacturer's Warranty
- Part Number: 7709100A , G7709100A
This is the GBC CombBind C450E Electric Comb Binding Machine!
To start using, first measure your pages at the top of the machine to see what size binding you will need for your project.
At the top is a corresponding list to tell which size is best.
Next, properly place your comb binding into the opener so the teeth open pointing up.
Twist the knob on the right to open the comb.
Next, insert your front and back covers, adjust the central dial so your pages are properly aligned, punch them and thread the front cover into your binding face down.
Next, with your pages sitting up top, slide the document separator against your pages and lift it up. Grab the pages you just lifted and punch them. This way you select an appropriate amount a paper every time.
Push the button on the right to make your punches. Thread your pages in and continue with the remaining pages.
Finish with the back cover, close the binding up and your project is complete.
If you see this light turn on, it means your waste tray is full. From the left, remove the tray and empty the trimmings.
On the front you can also insert zip bind spines—but honestly it’s easier to thread this binding without it.
That’s the CombBind C540E!
GBC CombBind C450e Electric Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
- The GBC CombBind C450E is a new electric plastic comb binding machine has a number of new features not included on other similar types binding equipment.
- The C450e is designed specifically for small and medium sized offices that need to bind documents quickly and easily with plastic combs or GBC Zipbind.
- This machine includes GBC’s new patented document separator and auto centering features to help make plastic comb binding easier than ever.
Strengths / Features:
- The GBC C450e includes an electric binding punch that is capable of punching up to 25 sheets of 20lb bond paper at a time. This is more sheets than most of the other electric plastic comb binding machines on the market. This helps to increase the productivity offered by the C450e allowing you to bind your documents faster so that you can spend your time worrying about other things. All you need to do in order to punch documents with the machine is to insert the pages, make sure they are centered and press the punching button.
- The new auto centering technology on this machine helps to save on setup time by eliminating the need to set the paper edge guide for punching. This is great for users who need to punch a few documents and don’t want to spend 3-5 minutes setting up their machine.
- The document separator technology on the C450e is designed to help you quickly and easily pick up the right number of sheets for the punch. This helps users to punch the optimal number of sheets with every lift and eliminates costly and time consuming paper jams.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- The C450e does not include a depth of punch guide for choosing the distance of the holes from the binding edge of your documents. Since it doesn’t have this feature, the C450e should not be used with 3/16″ combs.
- This machine does not have disengageable dies for punching custom sized sheets. It also does not have an open throat so it can’t be used for legal sized punching or for punching A4 sized paper.
- The C450e uses a unique rotary comb opener. This requires you to turn a knob on the side of the machine in order to open the plastic combs when you are inserting your documents onto them. This mechanism is easy to use but takes more time than a standard comb opener that is operated using a handle.
- The features such as the auto centering technology, the document separator and the rotary comb opener are designed to save inexperienced users time when binding documents. However, experienced users will more than likely find that these features will slow down both the punching and binding process.
- The GBC C450e electric plastic comb binding machine is an excellent choice for small and medium sized offices that are looking for a machine to help them quickly and easily bind up to one hundred documents per week.
- It includes a number of great new features to help inexperienced users bind their documents quickly without issues.
- However, larger organizations and experienced users will more than likely find that the features on this machine will slow down the binding process instead of speeding it up. Thus, this machine is best suited for users who need to bind a few documents at a time and aren’t experts in handling binding machines.
If you need more information or would like to purchase the GBC CombBind C450e Electric Plastic Comb Binding Machine or any of the other Plastic Comb Binding Machines that we carry please feel to visit our site or contact us with your questions.
This review was written by Jeff McRitchie who is the director of marketing for Mybinding.com. Jeff has written more than three hundred articles and more than two hundred reviews on Binding Machines, Binding Supplies, Report Covers, 3-Ring Binders, Index Tabs, Laminators, Laminating Supplies, Paper Shredders and Paper Handling Equipment.
Compare to Similar Comb Binding Machines
|Period of Warranty||Limited 1-year||Limited 1-year||Limited 1-year||Limited 1-year|
|Binding Machine Type||Electric||Electric||Electric||Electric|