James Burn Lhermite AlphaDoc MK4 Automatic Binding Punch
Previously called the Alpha-Doc MKIII (MK3), the new and improved Alpha-Doc MK4 provides large-volume, hands-free, pre-collating punching. Perfect for the production environment and industrial binding facilities, this powerful unit offers high-speed output of up to 90 cycles per minute to reach total hurly outputs up to 94,200 sheets.
The AlphaDoc MK4 will punch pre-printed documents straight from your copier or printer, including mixed stock from 16 lb. bond to 110 lb. index. You can also accomplish punching of tabbed sheets with a minimum of 1/4” shoulder. This powerful puncher can handle a wide variety of material in virtually any size from 5.4" x 5.4" up to 14" x 13".Our simplified paper path and unique turnover device with receding stacker provide low waste and assures that pages are kept in perfect pre-collated order.
The remarkable ALPHA-DOC MK4 combines the versatility and ease of an office machine with the speed and efficiency of an automatic punch -- for perfect holes every time. Simply load the tray, push a button and walk away for hands-free punching. There is a huge selection of punching pattern dies available, so you can prepare your pages for coil, wire, comb, and other binding methods. With this versatile assortment of die patterns available, combined with surprisingly fast changeover times, the Alpha-Doc MK4 will be a huge boost in your document binding productivity at a lower cost.
- High Productivity: With a top speed of 90 cycles / minute, it can punch up to 94,200 sheets per hour without the constant presence of the operator required.
- Large capacity: The high pile feeder and reception trays will accomidate up to 6 reams of paper.
- Versatility: The Alpha-Doc MK4 can punch a wide variety of paper stock and covers including tab cut sheets and wall calendars with thumbcut, in virtually any size from 5.4" x 5.4" up to 14" x 13".
- Easy-to-Use: Just load the tray and push a button, no special training is required.
- Simple Formating: Just follow the instructions on the conversational touch screen and, with pre-set standard formats, size change-over can be done in less than 2 minutes.
- Wide Choice of Punching Dies: Lhermite original hardened steel dies provide long life time. They can be changed in less than 5 minutes. Retractable pins allow to produce clean and perfect holes whatever the sheet formats are. The wide choice of punching dies covers all perforation styles now including thumbcut punching. Lhermite original dies can be resharpened.
- Installation: Caster wheels make machine placement quick and easy.
- James Burn Lhermite AlphaDoc MK4 14" Punch Die Sets
Starting At: $2,500.00
- Manufacturer: James Burn
- Manufacturer Part Number: 320013036
- Suggested User: Industrial/Production Binding Style: Wire, Comb, Coil (Depends on Die)
- Operation: Automated
- Compatible Supplies & Accessories: Alpha Doc MK4 Dies
- Punch & Bind Capability: Punching Only
- Setup Time: Less than 5 Minutes
- Die Change Time: Less than 2 Minutes
- Paper Size: 5.4" x 5.4" Minimum to 14" x 13" Maximum
- Accepted Paper Stock: 16 lb. Bond to 110 lb. Index
- Feed Table Capacity: 8 Reams
- Selectable Speeds: 3 Speed Settings (70, 80, 90 Cycles per Minute)
- Maximum Speed: Up to 94,200 Sheets per Hour (Depending on Die, Sheet Size, & Other Factors)
- Sheet Pickup: Top of Pile Positive Sheet Pickup
- Maximum Punching Thickness: 1 mm
- Control Panel: Digital LCD Touch Pad
- Control Panel Alerts: Paper Jam, Cover Open, Emergency Stop
- Die Sharpening Available: Yes, Express Die Sharpening Service is Available Upon Request
- Disengageable Die Pins: Yes (For Common Paper Sizes, Varies by Die)
- Die / Tool Storage: Storage Compartment on Front (Hold Dies, Oil, Tools, Etc.)
- Monthly Volume: Recommended for up to 3,000,000 Sheets per Month
- Training Required: No Special Training Needed
- Power Requirements: 110v Single Phase 60Hz
- Castors: Yes; Lockable
- Dimensions: 72" W x 28" D x 46" H
- Weight: 650 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 1045 lbs.
- Shipping Method: Freight Truck
- Warranty: 90 Day Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
Compact and mobile
Min : 138 x 138 mm
Max : 330 x 330 mm
Fast tool change over
Wide range of tools
High capacity sheet feeder
Easy feeder setting
User-friendly control panel
Automatic format adjustment
Retractable punch pins
Centering of punching holes
Able to punch up to
60 reams / hour
Turnover device keeps sheets in collated sequence
Punching tabbed sheets
Precision in tabbed sheet jogging
Alpha ... Read More
- Min : 138 x 138 mm
- Max : 330 x 330 mm
- 6 reams
- 60 reams / hour
- User friendly
- High output
James Burn Lhermite MKIII Automatic Binding Punch Review
Does your workplace need a binding punch that can prepare thousands of sheets of paper for multiple binding methods? If so, you must check out the James Burn Lhemitre MKIII, one of the most impressive automatic binding punches available. Here's an in-depth look at what this machine is capable of so you can determine if it's right for your workplace.
First of all, the MKIII can process up to 40,000 sheets of paper per hour. That's an incredible amount, making this device perfect for binderies and print shops. This machine is compatible with different weights of paper ranging from 16 lb. bond all the way up to 100 lb. index sheets. The sheets you run through can be as small as 5.5" x 5.5" or as large as 13" x 13". It's even capable of processing index tabs.
The MKIII has a top-feed feature that can take in between 5 and 20 sheets are a time. No matter how many sheets are fed, you can be assured that they'll all be perfectly punched because this machine has retractable pins. That means you won't end up with holes that run off the edge of the page.
If you want to reduce the amount of static electricity between your sheets, you can attach an optional air valve to this device. The air will separate the sheets so that they're easier to process. (Note: an air supply isn't included.)
Your sheets will remain in order when the MKIII processes them because it's equipped with a turnover device. This will help you save time because you won't need to put your work back in order.
There are a number of interchangeable die sets for this device so you can partake in just about any kind of binding you want. There are sets available for twin-loop wire, VeloBind, plastic comb, color coil binding, etc. Dies can produce square and round holes as well.
Although you wouldn't know it to look at it, the MKIII is pretty easy to use. All you really need to do is put your paper in the feeder, press a button, and the machine will begin punching. There's even a keypad you can use to control things. Best of all, it only takes a few minutes to change the die sets, so this is a great device to use when you want to save some time.
The MKIII is incredibly large, so it's not meant for workplaces that are looking for a desktop punch. This machine's dimensions are 46" (height) x 72" (width) x 28" (depth) - that's equivalent to 3.8' x 6' x 2.3'. Plus, it weighs 650 pounds. Luckily, it's equipped with casters so moving it won't be impossible.
Finally, this product has a one-year warranty for parts and a 90-day one for labor.
The James Burn Lhermite MKIII is a remarkable binding punch thanks to its easy operation and phenomenal punching capacity. This is the ideal device for high-output environments, especially print shops, although it's probably a bit too large for use in most offices. The MKIII is one of the best high-capacity punches on the market, so if it sounds right for your workplace, take a look at it today.