James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus Automatic Binding Punch
The James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus is a premium mid-volume automated binding punch machine that is the perfect solution for accurate, on-demand punching for coil, wire, comb, velo, and 3-hole binders. It works well for preprinted, collated documents directly from your copier or printer. It can also be used to punch tabs that are pre-collated into the finished sets. In addition to the versatility to accomplish these various styles of binding, the DocuPunch is also very efficient, offering an impressive maximum speed of up to 76,500 sheets per hour. Setup is also very fast, accomplished in less than 2 minutes. And die change doesn’t disappoint either, allowing you to change from your wire-o job to your next coil job in only a couple of seconds.
The DocuPunch Plus is designed with the On-Demand market in mind, offering operation that is so easy, anyone who has ever worked with a standard copiermachine can do it, without any special training. Hands-free, automatic punching means you can walk away from the machine once it gets started, adding further to the impressive efficiency that it can offer your workroom. And another bonus? It has a very small footprint, taking up little space on your production floor. Mounted to the bottom are locking, rolling castor wheels for mobility.
Using the DocuPunch Plus is easy; just load your pages (any sheets from 16 lb. bond to 110 lb. index; and from 5.5” x 5.5” to 13” x 12”), setup the job, press start, and walk away. The Docu-Punch accurately punches a wide range of materials and sizes, operated by a simple touch key control panel featuring positive sheet pickup and 3-sided jogger punching registration, ensuring perfect holes kept in pre-collated order. The DocuPunch Plus is the perfect companion to medium volume plastic comb, double-o wire, and spiral coil document finishing solutions in central reproduction departments and digital/on-demand printers where efficiency and productivity are a must.
- Easy-to-Use hands-free operation allows you to simply load the tray, push a button and walk away. No special training or personnel required.
- Digital LCD touch pad control that is icon based for simple operation.
- Punches a wide variety of paper stocks, covers, and even tabbed sheets in sizes from 5.5" x 5.5" up to 13" x 12" kept in perfect pre-collated order.
- A wide choice of round and square-hole punching dies including: Wire-O wire; Plastic Coil; Plastic Comb; VeloBind; 2, 3 & 4-ring binder; etc.
- Allows all operations, including punch die changes, to be performed quickly and easily from the front of the machine. Incorporates integral storage space for three tools.
- Safety & Auto-Stop - Built-in facilities to help avoid paper jams and increase safety.
- Speeds of up to 76,500 sheets per hour with clean, perfect holes for finishing.
- Adjustable pick thickness from 0.4 to 1.0 mm, to maximize production and offer trouble free operation on a wide range of paper stocks.
- James Burn DocuPunch Plus Die Sets
Starting At: $2,600.00
- Manufacturer: James Burn
- Model: DocuPunch PLUS
- Suggested User: Industrial
- Binding Style: Various, Depends on Die Installed
- Punch & Bind Capability: Punching Only
- Operation: Automatic, Hands-Free
- Included Accessories: None
- Optional Accessories: DocuPunch PLUS Dies
- Setup Time: Less than 1 Minute
- Die Change Time: A Few Seconds
- Paper Size: 5.5" x 5.5" up to 13" x 12"
- Accepted Paper Type: From 16 lb. Bond to 110 lb. Index
- Feed Table Capacity: 5 Reams
- Selectable Speeds: 50, 60, or 75 Cycles per Minute
- Speed: Up to 76,500 Sheets per Hour (Depends on Die,Sheet Size, & Other Factors)
- Sheet Pickup: Top of Pile Positive Sheet Pickup
- Pick Thickness: Adjustable from 0.4 to 1.0 mm
- Control Panel: Digital LCD Touch Pad
- Control Panel Notifications: Die Needs Lubricating, Die Needs Sharpening, Chip Bin Full
- Integrated Jogger: Yes, 3-Sided
- Die Sharpening Available: Express Die Sharpening Service is Available
- Disengageable Die Pins: Yes (For Common Paper Sizes, Varies by Die)
- Die / Tool Storage: Storage Compartment Holds 3 Dies
- Monthly Volume: About 1,000,000 Sheets per Month
- Training: No Special Training Required
- Castors: Yes; Lockable
- Power Voltage: 110v Single Phase 60 Hz
- Dimensions: 51" W x 28" D x 46" H
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 90-Day Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Product Weight (lbs): 450 lbs.
- Shipping Weight (lbs): 745 lbs.
- Shipping Method: Truck (May Qualify for Free S&H)
The James Burn Lhermitte DocuPunch Plus Review
Do you need a high-capacity punching device that can prepare a lot of paper for binding? If so, you’re in the right place because this is an article about the James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus, an awesome machine that can punch up to 30,000 pages in an hour. This is a first-rate device, so continue reading to discover why it's great and what you should know before purchasing this product.
This is a very fast machine that can punch upwards of 30,000 sheets every hour. It's ideal for medium-volume production use in a bindery or in-plant print facility. There are a number of different punching patterns this machine can do depending on what dies are installed. There are dies available for the following binding methods: plastic comb, Double-O Wire, VeloBind, plastic coil, and for use with loose-leaf binders (2-, 3-, and 4-ring).
You can use a lot of different papers with the DocuPunch Plus. It can handle copier paper, cardstock, tabbed sheets, and cover stock. It can also work with paper that's as small as 5" x 5", as well as sheets measuring 13" x 12". This device can also easily punch pre-collated documents. This product comes with a paper jogger that will jog your documents before they're punched. This ensures that the paper is flush and that the hole placement will be accurate.
Despite the machine's intimidating appearance, it's actually very easy to operate. All the controls you need are up front, and to use the machine, all you need to do is load your paper and select the appropriate setting. The device will take care of the rest. There is even an automatic stop feature that will cause the unit to cease operation in the event of a paper jam.
This binding punch machine was designed to be ergonomically sound. All of the operations take place at the front of the unit so you don't have to reach over the machine or stoop down to do anything. You can even install the different punching dies directly from the front. There is also a storage area for dies that aren't currently being used.
This is a large automated binding punch machine that's almost four feet tall and just over four feet wide, and it weighs over 700 pounds. Naturally, a device of this size will be difficult to move around, but there are lockable casters on the bottom of the machine to make that a little easier.
The DocuPunch Plus is a large device that will take up more than just a bit of space. It's not ideal for smaller offices. Before ordering one, you must confirm that you have the floor space in your facility or production area for this machine.
This machine is strictly a punching device. It will not bind your documents for you so you will need the means to bind your booklets once they've been punched. Another downside is the punching dies need to be purchased separately.
This is a pretty expensive product - it's priced at more than $30,000.00. Obviously companies with tight budgets will not be able to afford this unit but print shops and publishers shouldn't find the cost outrageous. Especially when considering the labor costs that can be realized with a system such as this.
If you’re not ready for a punch machine this size, you can check out the little brother, PB3300 Modular Punch. It’s a desktop sized machine that is capable of punching up to 25 sheets at a time and then binding up to 210 sheets. It comes in under $6,000, which makes it more budget friendly for smaller operations.
For precise, on-demand punching of coil, wire, comb, velo, and 3-hole binders, the James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus is the ideal mid-volume automated binding punch machine. Preprinted, collated documents from your printer or photocopier will work perfectly. Although the James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus is expensive and it won't bind your booklets, it's still a great machine thanks to its speed, accuracy, and ergonomically correct design. This would be a great purchase if you need to punch a lot of paper regularly.
MyBinding staff reviews are written by various team members throughout the company with a vast experience in the market. The purpose of these reviews is to help you make the best buying decision for your business and unique needs/uses, but please know that we are here to help you if you need a bit more guidance. Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for help with this or any other product in our store.