James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus Automatic Binding Punch
- Speeds of up to 76,500 sheets per hour with clean, perfect holes for finishing.
- Adjustable pick thickness from 0.4 to 1.0 mm, to maximize production and offer trouble free operation on a wide range of paper stocks.
- Digital LCD touch pad control that is icon based for simple operation.
- Punches a wide variety of paper stocks, covers, and even tabbed sheets in sizes from 5.5" x 5.5" up to 13" x 12" kept in perfect pre-collated order.
- Easy-to-Use hands-free operation allows you to simply load the tray, push a button and walk away. No special training or personnel required.
- Positive sheet pickup with beak and 3-sided jogger for perfect punching registration.
- Allows all operations, including punch die changes, to be performed quickly and easily from the front of the machine. Incorporates integral storage space for three tools.
- A wide choice of round and square-hole punching dies including: Wire-O wire; Plastic Coil; Plastic Comb; VeloBind; 2, 3 & 4-ring binder; etc.
- Safety & Auto-Stop - Built-in facilities to help avoid paper jams and increase safety.
- Its compact size benefits from a very small footprint without compromising on power and quality.
- Lockable caster wheels allow quick and easy machine placement.
- Paper Size: 5.5" x 5.5" up to 13" x 12"
- Selectable Speeds: 50, 60, or 75 cycles per minute
- Power Requirements: 110v Single Phase 60 Hz
- Machine Dimensions: 46" H x 51" W x 28" D
- Shipping Weight: 745 lbs.
- Warranty: 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
The James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus Review
Do you need a high-capacity punching device that can prepare a lot of paper for binding? If so, you are reading the right review because this is an article about the James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus, an awesome machine that can punch up to 30,000 pages in a hour. This is a first-rate device, so continue reading to discover why it's great and what you should know before purchasing this product.
- This is a very fast machine that can punch upwards of 30,000 sheets every hour. It's ideal for medium-volume production use in a bindery or in-plant print facility.
- There are a number of different punching patterns this machine can do depending on what dies are installed. There are dies available for the following binding methods: plastic comb, Double-O Wire, VeloBind, plastic coil, and for use with loose-leaf binders (2-, 3-, and 4-ring).
- You can use a lot of different papers with the DocuPunch Plus. It can handle copier paper, cardstock, tabbed sheets, and cover stock. It can also work with paper that's as small as 5" x 5", as well as sheets measuring 13" x 12". This device can also easily punch pre-collated documents.
- This product comes with a paper jogger that will jog your documents before they're punched. This ensures that the paper is flush and that the hole placement will be accurate.
- Despite the machine's intimidating appearance, it's actually very easy to operate. All the controls you need are up front, and to use the machine, all you need to do is load your paper and select the appropriate setting. The device will take care of the rest. There is even an automatic stop feature that will cause the unit to cease operation in the event of a paper jam
- This device was designed to be ergonomically sound. All of the operations take place at the front of the unit so you don't have to reach over the machine or stoop down to do anything. You can even install the different punching dies directly from the front. There is also a storage area for dies that aren't currently being used.
- This is a pretty large machine that's almost four feet tall and just over four feet wide, and it weighs over 700 pounds. Naturally, a device of this size will be difficult to move around, but there are lockable casters on the bottom of the machine to make that a little easier.
- The DocuPunch Plus is a large device that will take up a more than just a bit of space. It's not really ideal for smaller offices. You need to make sure that you have the floor space in your facility or production area for this machine before you order one.
- This machine is strictly a punching device. It will not bind your documents for you so you will need the means to bind your booklets once they've been punched.
- The punching dies need to be purchased separately.
- This is a pretty expensive product - it's priced at more than $20,000.00. Obviously companies with tight budgets will not be able to afford this unit, but print shops and publishers shouldn't find the cost outrageous. Especially when considering the labor costs that can be realized with a system such as this.
Although the James Burn Lhermite DocuPunch Plus is expensive and it won't bind your booklets, it's still a great machine thanks to its speed, accuracy, and ergonomically correct design. This would definitely be a great purchase if you need to punch a lot of paper regularly.