MyBinding Knowledge Base
What should I know about Decorative Pouches?
If you’re looking for a fun way to dress up pictures to give out as gifts this holiday, you should really check out Pizzazz Decorative Pouches. They are a great way to enhance photos and other items. These laminating pouches are designed to work with almost any pouch laminator and add a 3mil protective coating onto any picture. They offer excellent clarity and every package comes with a carrier to protect your laminator. You can order these frames separately or as part of an assortment. Each one comes in either a 9″ x 11.5″ size for letter size items or 4.25″ x 6.25″, which is perfect for photos. Check these out.
- Smiles. Multicolored faces in various sizes line the edge of these pouches.
- Birthday. This one features colorful balloons, streamers, candles, and a few birthday presents. Using these pouches, you can have fun dressing up pictures or letters. The photo size would be perfect around pictures of your child blowing out candles or eating cake. This is an easy way to decorate a photo for use in a scrapbook.
- Stars. Bright yellow and blue stars in various sizes line the edges of these pouches. Great for a congratulatory letter or certificate.
- Rainbow. The edges of this design fade from deep blue to purple, red, orange, and finally a sunny yellow at the opposing end. A cloud in each corner completes the look. This would be perfect to frame a picture of a rainbow or a rainy vista.
- Road Signs. Exactly how it sounds, pictures of stop signs and speed limits and highway markers line the edges of these pouches. We could see this framing a driver’s ed completion certificate or maybe a photo of your teenager with their first car.
- Sunflowers. Perfect for a picture of a bright summer picnic or children playing, this fun frame features a cheerful border of red, orange, and yellow sunflowers.
- Black Sheen. The addition of a black metallic finish around the border would add a finished look to a prom photo or an achievement certificate.
- Cherry Wood. The Cherry Wood Grain look around the edge is a nice rich wood color. This would be excellent around a large photo to give it framed look before adding it to a scrapbook page.
- Chrome. The shiny Chrome border adds a touch of flash to any picture or document. We could see it around a formal dance picture or maybe even a wedding photo.
- Purple Stone. This Classic Frame has a marbled purple finish. This would be a great edge for a certificate or around a house photograph.
- Multicolored. The bright yellow and deep orange as well as other colors around this border would accent a beautiful sunset. Of course it could just as easily frame a picture of a 60s themed party.
- Metal Grid. This one adds a faux frame look and would be excellent for an achievement award or other certificate.
< Over the years, a number of customers have asked me whether they can use twin loop wire with their plastic comb binding machine. These customers often don’t want to have to buy a brand new machine but like the look and feel of twin loop wire binding. However, the answer to their question isn’t as simple as it seems. You see, they actually do make twin loop wire that is designed to work with the plastic comb binding hole pattern. With that said, if you want to use these wires you are going to need a way to close the wires. What is Spiral-O Wire? Let me explain a little bit more…There is a product that we carry called Spiral-O Wire. This wire has 19 loops and is designed to work with the hole pattern from a plastic comb binding machine. Spiral-O Wire is sometimes called Wire Combs or Ibico Wire and was originally designed for use with some of the older Ibico binding machines. A number of the older Ibico plastic comb binding machines also included a twin loop wire closer on the front of them to allow users to use both plastic combs and wire. This 19 loop wire was designed for this purpose. What Equipment is Needed? As the Ibico brand has been phased out by GBC and all of the older Ibico plastic binding machines have been replaced with new models, they no longer have the twin loop wire closer on the front of them. This presents a problem in trying to use these spiral-o wires since you can’t use the wires without a way to close them. One of the only options left is to purchase a Twin Loop wire closer. However, since twin loop wire closers are not incredibly cheap this option usually only appeals to users who have larger electric plastic comb binding machines. Otherwise, it is often advisable to simply buy a low end 3:1 pitch twin loop wire binding machine (the supplies are cheaper). This being said, if you have one of the older Ibico binding machines that has a wire closer included you are in luck. The Spiral-O binding supplies that we carry will work perfectly with your machine and you will be able to use both plastic combs and wire depending on your needs. These Spiral-O binding supplies are available in Black, Silver, White, Blue and Red and in sizes up to 1″ in diameter. If you aren’t sure what type of wire binding supplies that you need to work with your machine simply give us a call. Our trained sales representatives will be glad to help you find the correct supplies for use with your machine.(Read More)