Model NameModelCutting LengthCutting CapacityDimensionsPaper ClampOptional stand
44014 1/8"30 sheets22" x 15"Yes
44220 1/8"30 sheets28" x 15"Yes
44426 3/8"25 sheets34 1/4" x 15"Yes
446S36 1/8"22 sheets44 1/8" x 15 1/8"Yes
448S51 1/8"20 Sheets59" x 15 1/8"Yes
472S72"22 Sheets79 1/2" x 15 1/8"Yes
Dahle Model 507 Personal Rolling Trimmer - 12.5 Inch
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in both directions
- Ground steel blade is encased in protective housing for safety
- Automatic clamp holds work securely and prevents shifting
- Sturdy metal base has non-slip rubber feet
- German engineered for precision and accuracy
- Triangular aluminum guide bar for strength
- Screened inch, metric and angled guides for easy alignment
- Lightweight and Portable
- Trims paper, photos, and cardstock
- Great for photographers, craft enthusiasts, and office professionals
- Cutting Length: 12"
- Sheet Capacity: 7 Sheets
- Dimensions: 17.25" x 8.13" x 2.9"
- Self-Sharpening: Yes
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Lifetime (excludes cutting blade)
Dahle 507 Personal Rolling Trimmer
Dahle 507 Personal Rolling Trimmer Review
If you're a crafter or just someone who needs a high-quality cutting tool, one product that should be on your shopping list is the Dahle 507 Personal Rolling Trimmer. This is a high-quality product that can come in really handy depending on the project you're completing. Here's everything you need to know about it.
- The 507 is capable of cutting up to 7 sheets of paper at a time. This doesn't compare to some of the other rotary trimmers on the market, but since this product is meant for personal use, a 7-sheet cutting capacity should be just fine.
- This device can cut items that are up to 12.5 inches long. This is a great cutting length for photographs and paper that's up to 8.5” x 11” (letter-size). However, you won't be able to use this cutter with large sheets of paper. If you anticipate needing to work with larger sheets, one device to consider is the Dahle 508. It can cut paper that's up to 18 inches long.
- Dahle always uses high-quality materials when they make their products and this extends to their personal devices. The 507 has a steel blade and a metal base which makes it very durable. You'll be able to get a lot of use out of this device so you can be confident you're getting your money's worth.
- This trimmer's blade is self-sharpening so you won't need to do anything to maintain it. For your safety, the blade is in a plastic case so you won't cut your fingers when trimming your materials.
- There's a paper clamp attached to this cutter so your paper will stay in one place when you trim it. This feature helps prevent the sheets from fanning which can result in a botched cut.
- The 507 has a base that's been imprinted with an alignment grid as well as standard and metric measurements. These will come in handy if you need to measure your items before cutting them. Also, there's a protractor on the base you can use if you need to do any angled cutting.
- One drawback of this device is that it's only available in one color: bright blue. However, this won't be a problem if you're fond of that particular hue.
- The 507 is only weighs 3 pounds and it's not too big so you can take it anywhere.
- If you're looking for a trimmer with a great warranty, you've found it. The 507 comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
The Dahle 507 is great for what it is: a basic rotary trimmer. This device would be perfect for personal use both at home and at work, and it would be especially helpful during crafting. The cutting capacity is pretty good and you'll be able to use this device with smaller pieces of paper. (If you need to work with large sheets, the 508 would be a better choice.) Overall, the 507 is a great cutting tool. Add it to your shopping list today.