Model NameModelCutting LengthCutting CapacityDimensionsPaper ClampOptional stand
44014 1/8"30 sheets22" x 15"Yes
44220 1/8"30 sheets28" x 15"Yes
44426 3/8"25 sheets34 1/4" x 15"Yes
446S36 1/8"22 sheets44 1/8" x 15 1/8"Yes
448S51 1/8"20 Sheets59" x 15 1/8"Yes
472S72"22 Sheets79 1/2" x 15 1/8"Yes
Dahle Model 508 Personal Rolling Trimmer - 18 Inch
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in both directions
- Ground steel blade is encased in protective housing for safety
- Automatic clamp holds work securely and prevents shifting
- Sturdy metal base has non-slip rubber feet
- German engineered for precision and accuracy
- Triangular aluminum guide bar for strength
- Screened inch, metric and angled guides for easy alignment
- Lightweight and Portable
- Trims paper, photos, and cardstock
- Great for photographers, craft enthusiasts, and office professionals
- Cutting Length: 18"
- Sheet Capacity: 5 Sheets
- Self-Sharpening: Yes
- Actual Machine Dimensions (L x W x H): 22.75" x 8.25" x 2.25"
- Actual Machine Weight: 5 lb
- Shipping Length: 24"
- Shipping Length: 6"
- Shipping Height: 6"
- Shipping (Web) Weight: 5 lb
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Lifetime (excludes cutting blade)
Dahle Model 508 Personal Rolling Trimmer
Dahle 508 Personal Rolling Trimmer Review
If you need something more precise than a pair of scissors and a straight edge and knife just won't cut it (no pun intended), you should consider getting a personal rolling trimmer such as the Dahle 508. This device makes it easy to cut paper both large and small, and it will always give you a clean cut thanks to its strong, durable blade. Let's take a closer look at this device to see what makes it worthwhile.
- The 508 is capable of cutting up to 7 sheets of paper at once. While this may not be a good cutting capacity if you need to cut a lot of paper quickly, it should be okay for small jobs.
- This is the largest item in Dahle's series of personal rolling trimmers. The other devices have cutting lengths of 9 and 12 inches, but this particular one can cut paper that's up to 18 inches long. You'll be able to process both large and small items with this device (such as photographs and legal-sized paper), so it's really the best one in the series.
- Despite this cutter's length, it's still lightweight. It only weighs 4 pounds so moving it from place to place will be easy. It would be great to take to school or even to crafting parties.
- The 508 comes with a self-sharpening blade that's able to cut in both directions. For your safety, the blade sits in a plastic cutting head so you'll never have to come into contact with it.
- Like many of Dahle's other trimmers, the 508 has imprinted cutting guides on the base. These guides – which include a protractor and standard/metric measurements – can help you get the cut you need without any guesswork. This will definitely help you save time and you also won't waste paper due to inaccurate cuts.
- The 508 comes with an automatic paper clamp so your sheets will stay put when you cut them. Using the clamp also prevents the paper from fanning so you'll be able to cut just where you need to.
- Dahle has always made high-quality products that can stand the test of time. The 508 carries on that tradition thanks to its durable construction. This trimmer has both steel and metal parts so you can use this device a lot and not wear it out.
- Finally, this cutter comes with a limited lifetime warranty which is always great to have.
The Dahle 508 is the best product in the company's lineup of personal rolling trimmers. The cutting length makes this device suitable for both small and large paper. This product is safe to use thanks to the blade being in a plastic cutting head and the guides on the base are really helpful. As for the cutting capacity, it's suitable for personal use which is great, but if you need to cut more at once, you should choose a different device. In a nutshell, the 508 is worth seeking out for everyone needing a personal rolling trimmer.