- Model NameModelCutting LengthCutting CapacityDimensionsPaper ClampOptional stand
- 44014 1/8"30 sheets22" x 15"Yes
- 44220 1/8"30 sheets28" x 15"Yes
- 44426 3/8"25 sheets34 1/4" x 15"Yes
- 446S36 1/8"22 sheets44 1/8" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 448S51 1/8"20 Sheets59" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 472S72"22 Sheets79 1/2" x 15 1/8"Yes
Dahle Model 448 Premium Rolling Trimmer - 51 1/8 Inch
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in both directions
- Dual cylinder aluminum guide bar for strength in trimming thicker material
- Automatic clamp holds work securely and prevents shifting
- Sturdy metal base provides solid a foundation
- German engineered for precision and accuracy
- Ground steel blade is encased in protective housing for safety
- Cuts up to 20 sheets of paper at a time
- Screened inch, metric, and angle guides for easy alignment
- Adjustable alignment guide for repetitive cutting
- Perfect for trimming large format paper, photographs, and cardstock
- Cutting Length: 51"
- Sheet Capacity: 20 Sheets
- Dimensions: 59" x 15.125" x 4"
- Self-Sharpening: Yes
- Warranty: Lifetime (excludes cutting blade)
Dahle Model 448 Premium Rolling Trimmer - 51 1/8 Inch Demo Video
Dahle 448 Premium Rolling Trimmer Review
When it comes to paper trimmers, one of the go-to names is Dahle. Dahle is a manufacturer based in Germany and they consistently produce some of the best cutting tools in the world. One of them is the Dahle 448 Premium Rolling Trimmer. This is a high-quality cutter that can help you trim large pieces of paper. Check out this device's strengths and weaknesses and see if it's right for you.
If you need a trimmer with a high cutting capacity, the 448 would be a good pick. This device can cut as many as 30 sheets in one go, which is very good for a rolling trimmer.
The 448 can be used to trim documents that are just over 51 inches long. You'll be able to work with large-format items without any problem, including mat board.
This cutter has a self-sharpening blade that's 1/8" thick. It's made out of ground steel so it's very durable and it can cut in two directions. The blade rests in a plastic cutting head so you won't have to handle it and possibly injure yourself.
It's easy to get a really crisp cut with this device because it has an automatic paper clamp. The clamp will hold your materials still as you cut them so you can get the job right the first time.
The 448 has a metal base that can take a lot of abuse. The base has several cutting guides printed on it for easy reference. The guides indicate some of the most popular paper sizes which is pretty handy. There's also a protractor which can be helpful when you're trying to cut on an angle. Also, the base has a grid printed on it along with standard and metric measurements so you can size your materials up before cutting them.
This cutter comes with an adjustable backstop. The backstop can be mounted on either side of the device for your convenience.
Finally, the 448 has a great limited warranty that lasts for as long as you own it.
The size of this trimmer might be a bit off-putting. It measures 59" x 15-1/8". That means it's almost 5 feet long and it may be difficult to find a good place to put it. Luckily, this cutter can be mounted on a wall to keep your work surfaces clear. You can also purchase a floor stand for it.
The 448's base is bright blue which may not complement your surroundings.
It's obvious that the Dahle 448 has many more strengths than weaknesses. After all, it has a great cutting capacity, good safety features, and a self-sharpening blade. And it's good for large sheets of paper. It would be great for medium-sized and large jobs in framing shops, photography studios, or anywhere else that needs a durable rolling trimmer. While it's pretty large, the 448's strengths make up for its gargantuan size. Take a look at it today and see for yourself what you can do with it.