- Cuts up to 20 sheets of paper at a time
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in either direction
- Blade is made of ground steel and encased in a plastic housing for safety
- Automatic paper clamp holds work securely
- Adjustable backstop
- Inch and metric measurements with metric sizing grid for precise cuts
- Sturdy metal base will not warp or crack
- Can be wall mounted
- Optional paper roll holder available
- Optional floor stands available (556 & 558 only)
- Part Number: 552
- Warranty: Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty
The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Dahle 552 Professional Rolling Trimmer
A high-quality rotary trimmer is a great cutting tool to have around and one of the best is the Dahle 552. Here are its strengths and weaknesses for you to check out if you’ve been looking for a good rolling trimmer.
- Rolling trimmers can sometimes be capable of only trimming a few sheets of paper at a time. However, that’s not the case with the 552. This device can train as many as 20 sheets at once, so it’s a good choice if you need something with a decent cutting capacity.
- The 552 is also great to use if you need to work with big pieces of paper. It has a 20-1/8” cutting length so you’ll be able to trim both large and small items. This is an especially good length if you’re working with banners, posters, and so on.
- This trimmer has a blade that’s able to cut no matter which direction it’s going in. The blade is made from ground steel and it can sharpen itself so you don’t need to change blades even after a lot of use. Also, the blade enclosed in plastic casing so your fingers won’t get too close to it. This helps prevent injuries.
- You can work with both sheets and rolls of paper with this device. If you choose to use rolls, there’s an optional roll holder that attaches to this trimmer.
- The 552’s base is made out of metal so you don’t have to worry about it warping or becoming cracked, unlike wood. The base has an alignment grid with both metric and standard measurements. Your documents will stay in place when you cut them thanks to the trimmer’s automatic paper clamp.
- If you want to keep this trimmer out of the way, you can have it mounted on the wall. This will help keep your work surfaces free for other items, especially since this is a pretty large device. (More on size in a moment.)
- Finally, this product comes with a limited lifetime warranty for your peace of mind.
- The 552 has a good cutting capacity, but it may not be sufficient for large projects. If you frequently need to cut a lot of paper at once, you might want to consider getting a stack cutter instead. (Dahle makes several you can choose from.)
- This trimmer measures 27-3/4” x 14-18/” so it’s pretty large. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a floor stand like the Dahle 556 and 558 cutters, so make sure you have enough room for it or you’re comfortable with hanging it on a wall.
- Finally, the 552 is a very bright blue color that may not appeal to some people.
Conclusion: The Dahle 552 has many more strengths than weaknesses, making it a good choice for just about anybody. It has a good cutting capacity, can process larger pieces of paper, and is made out of high-quality materials. This trimmer is also safe to use and it can be mounted on a wall for convenience. So unless its size and color are off-putting, you’ll want to check out the 552 today.
You Save: 47%
You Save: 50%
You Save: 45%
You Save: 51%
You Save: 43%