- Model NameModelCutting LengthCutting CapacityDimensionsPaper ClampOptional stand
- 44014 1/8"30 sheets22" x 15"Yes
- 44220 1/8"30 sheets28" x 15"Yes
- 44426 3/8"25 sheets34 1/4" x 15"Yes
- 446S36 1/8"22 sheets44 1/8" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 448S51 1/8"20 Sheets59" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 472S72"22 Sheets79 1/2" x 15 1/8"Yes
Dahle Model 554 Professional Rolling Trimmer - 28 1/4 Inch
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in both directions
- Dual-barrel aluminum guide bar provides strength and accuracy
- Automatic clamp holds work securely and prevents shifting
- Ground steel blade is encased in a protective housing for safety
- Sturdy metal base with non-slip rubber feet
- Screened inch, metric and angled guides for easy alignment
- Space-saving upright storage with kickstand endcaps
- Adjustable magnetic alignment guide for sizing cuts
- German engineered for precision and accuracy
- Perfect for trimming paper, photos, and cardstock
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let's take a look at the Dahle Model 554, a 28.25-inch professional rolling trimmer. The first thing to note are all the helps. There's rulers in centimeters and inches, graphs, standard-size pages, as well as a fence that's completely removable. A roller bar that works really well and really slick. And because it's a roller, it can go both left and right. The metal and sturdy base is 28 and ¼ inches wide, so long documents and oversize documents are no problem for this machine. The Dahle 554 can handle up to 20 sheets of 20lb paper while trimming. Unlike many other rotary trimmers, this one does all 20 sheets with one pass. Finally, the Dahle 554 can be mounted to a wall or table with latches here. For more demos, reviews, and how to's on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Dahle 554 Professional Rolling Trimmer Review
If you need a professional-grade rolling trimmer that can handle large sheets of paper, you should check out the Dahle 554. This is a first-rate device that makes it easy to trim your documents. Here's everything you need to know about it.
- The 554 is the rolling trimmer to get if you need a device that can process large sheets of paper. This cutter is able to handle items that are up to 28.25 inches long. You'll be able to use it to cut paper of many different sizes, which makes this product really convenient. You can also use it to trim down photographs.
- For a rolling trimmer, the 554 has a great cutting capacity. It can cut up as many as 20 sheets at a time so you'll get the results you need in a hurry. This device is perfect for medium-sized jobs.
- The 554 has a made that's made out of ground steel. The blade is self-sharpening and it's encased in plastic for safety. It can move in either direction so you can get the crisp cut you need for your project.
- This trimmer has an adjustable backstop so you can repeatedly cut if necessary. The paper clamp will keep your materials from fanning so you get good results.
- The base of this cutter is made out of metal which makes it very durable. The base has cutting guides that dictate the dimensions and outlines of popular paper sizes. (There's also an alignment grid.) Measurements are available in both standard and metric units. Due to its construction and the helpful cutting guides, you'll be able to get a lot of use out of this trimmer . In fact, you'll feel like you got your money's worth.
- If you use paper that comes in rolls, you can purchase an optional roll holder. The holder will enable you to use cut your rolled up paper quickly and easily.
- The 554 is pretty long and thin. It has dimensions of 36” x 14-1/8” so you'll want to make sure you have a wide surface to place it on. This trimmer only weighs 10 pounds so it's not difficult to pick up. Moving it around may be awkward though due to its length. If you find that it's too big to be place on a horizontal surface, it's possible to mount it on a wall.
- Due to its metal and steel parts, the 554 is a very durable cutter that can withstand a lot of use. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
The Dahle 554 is definitely a rolling trimmer to have a look at if you need one that can handle large pieces of paper. It's also good for fairly big trimming jobs because of its 20-sheet cutting capacity. The optional roll holder would be a great addition if you use roll paper and it's nice that it's available. You'll find that this cutter is really durable and that it's also helpful thanks to its cutting guides. Making sure there's enough room for it is going to be tricky, but you always have the option of mounting it on the wall. In a nutshell, the 554 is a cutter worth a look.