- Cuts up to 7 sheets of paper at a time
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in either direction
- Blade is made of ground steel and encased in a plastic housing for safety
- Automatic paper clamp holds work securely
- Inch and metric measurements with metric sizing grid for precise cuts
- Sturdy metal base will not warp or crack
- Imprinted protractor for angled cuts
- Cutting Length: 12 1/2"
- Cutting Capacity: 7 sheets
- Dimensions: 17 1/4" x 8 1/4"
- Part Number: 507
- Warranty: Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC Code: 76769507005
Reviewed on 10/25/2016
This trimmer is not for hard, daily use. I got it for my graphic design class to put decorative edging on cards and to make perforations for tickets. It is perfect for this occasional use. It is light, sharp, accurate and, best of all, it is easy to change the blades. We bought the extra blade and insert package and my students love it.
Reviewed on 10/11/2015
Thought the wheel would be easier to cut with. Felt I really had to push down to get a clean cut. Also, the wheel makes it impossible to see the ruler from 1" down so you can't cut shorter pieces of paper accurately, Ruler isn't the best either. Sent it back.
Reviewed on 9/23/2015
The Dahle Model 507 Rolling Paper Trimmer is a quality product with a sturdy metal base and self sharpening blade, unlike many of the cheap plastic models you find in the marketplace. The price is very reasonable and I am extremely satisfied with the product. Also, great service from MyBinding.com. Highly recommend buying from them.
Dahle 507 Personal Rolling Trimmer Review
If you're a crafter or just someone who needs a high-quality cutting tool, one product that should be on your shopping list is the Dahle 507 Personal Rolling Trimmer. This is a high-quality product that can come in really handy depending on the project you're completing. Here's everything you need to know about it.
- The 507 is capable of cutting up to 7 sheets of paper at a time. This doesn't compare to some of the other rotary trimmers on the market, but since this product is meant for personal use, a 7-sheet cutting capacity should be just fine.
- This device can cut items that are up to 12.5 inches long. This is a great cutting length for photographs and paper that's up to 8.5” x 11” (letter-size). However, you won't be able to use this cutter with large sheets of paper. If you anticipate needing to work with larger sheets, one device to consider is the Dahle 508. It can cut paper that's up to 18 inches long.
- Dahle always uses high-quality materials when they make their products and this extends to their personal devices. The 507 has a steel blade and a metal base which makes it very durable. You'll be able to get a lot of use out of this device so you can be confident you're getting your money's worth.
- This trimmer's blade is self-sharpening so you won't need to do anything to maintain it. For your safety, the blade is in a plastic case so you won't cut your fingers when trimming your materials.
- There's a paper clamp attached to this cutter so your paper will stay in one place when you trim it. This feature helps prevent the sheets from fanning which can result in a botched cut.
- The 507 has a base that's been imprinted with an alignment grid as well as standard and metric measurements. These will come in handy if you need to measure your items before cutting them. Also, there's a protractor on the base you can use if you need to do any angled cutting.
- One drawback of this device is that it's only available in one color: bright blue. However, this won't be a problem if you're fond of that particular hue.
- The 507 is only weighs 3 pounds and it's not too big so you can take it anywhere.
- If you're looking for a trimmer with a great warranty, you've found it. The 507 comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
The Dahle 507 is great for what it is: a basic rotary trimmer. This device would be perfect for personal use both at home and at work, and it would be especially helpful during crafting. The cutting capacity is pretty good and you'll be able to use this device with smaller pieces of paper. (If you need to work with large sheets, the 508 would be a better choice.) Overall, the 507 is a great cutting tool. Add it to your shopping list today.
You Save: 52%
You Save: 43%
You Save: 47%
You Save: 50%
You Save: 52%