- Model NameModelCutting LengthCutting CapacityDimensionsPaper ClampOptional stand
- 44014 1/8"30 sheets22" x 15"Yes
- 44220 1/8"30 sheets28" x 15"Yes
- 44426 3/8"25 sheets34 1/4" x 15"Yes
- 446S36 1/8"22 sheets44 1/8" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 448S51 1/8"20 Sheets59" x 15 1/8"Yes
- 472S72"22 Sheets79 1/2" x 15 1/8"Yes
Dahle Model 446 Premium Rolling Trimmer - 36 1/4 Inch
- Self-sharpening blade cuts in both directions
- Dual cylinder aluminum guide bar for strength in trimming thicker material
- Automatic clamp holds work securely and prevents shifting
- Sturdy metal base provides a solid foundation
- German engineered for precision and accuracy
- Ground steel blade is encased in protective housing for safety
- Cuts up to 22 sheets of paper at a time
- Screened inch, metric, and angle guides for easy alignment
- Adjustable alignment guide for repetitive cutting
- Perfect for trimming paper, photographs, cardstock, and matboard
- Cutting Length: 36"
- Sheet Capacity: 22 Sheets
- Dimensions: 44.125" x 15.125" x 4"
- Self-Sharpening: Yes
- Warranty: Lifetime (excludes cutting blade)
Dahle Premium 446 & 448 Trimmer Stand
It can be difficult to make a stand exciting, but not today!
After cutting your project, the trimmings fall below, but not onto the flo’(floor).
Now you don’t have to worry about after every project cleaning the trimmings—just let it build up!
And when you are finally ready to take out the recycling you can remove the front post for even easier access.
Or you can just drop it on the ground and let someone else sweep it up!
I just…I just feel like going “Wahoo!”
It’s a matching stand for your rolling trimmer!
Dahle 446 Premium Rolling Trimmer Review
Do you want a high-quality rotary trimmer that can handle a lot of paper? If so, the Dahle 446 Premium Rolling Trimmer might be just the ticket. Here's a look at its strengths and weaknesses. Check them out to see if this product is what you're searching for.
The 446 can cut up to 30 sheets of paper at once. This is an excellent cutting capacity for a rolling trimmer and it makes this device perfect for medium-sized jobs. (The cutting capacity is based on 20 lb. bond paper.) This cutter's blade is strong enough to handle mat board, so it'd be a great tool to have around if you like to work with thicker stocks.
This is one of Dahle's larger trimmers thanks to its 36.25-inch cutting length. Since the length is so generous, you'll be able to use this device for all of your big projects (i.e. posters, maps, etc.).
As with their other rolling trimmers, Dahle has chosen to place the self-sharpening blade in plastic casing so you'll be able to stay safe while cutting. The blade is made out of ground steel that's 0.125" thick so you'll be able to get a lot of use out of it. You can cut in both directions with the blade which helps make cutting a lot easier. The cutting rail the blade case slides down is made out of aluminum for durability.
The 446 has a number of cutting guides printed on its base for easy reference. Different paper sizes are indicated and there's even a protractor for special cuts. There's also an alignment grid and metric and standard measurements. All of these features will help you get the cut you need.
This trimmer is equipped with a paper clamp so your materials will remain in one place while you're working with them. An adjustable backstop is also included and it can be placed on either side of the cutter.
The 446 is very large. (More on the size in a minute.) If you don't have room for it on a horizontal surface, you can mount it on the wall or purchase a floor stand.
This product comes with a limited lifetime warranty so you're covered in case anything happens.
As mentioned above, this is a very large trimmer - it measures 44.125" x 15.125". Due to this device's length, it might be difficult finding a surface on which to place it. And although it's not that heavy (it only weighs 17 pounds), moving it around will be tricky and awkward.
The protractor on the base isn't centered, so making angled cuts could be challenging.
Overall, the Dahle 446 Premium Rolling Trimmer is a great product. This trimmer not only has one of the best cutting capacities you'll find, it can be used with really large pieces of paper. The construction of this device is first-rate and you'll find that it's durable enough for a good amount of use. The cutting guides are very helpful, even though it would be nice if the protractor was centered. As for the large size, it's to be expected because of the cutting length. (At least you can mount it to get it out of the way.) Since the 446 has so much going for it, be sure to look at it yourself today.