- U-shaped Alignment Channel Aides in conforming the spine of larger diameter documents to the coil's shape, for a faster and easier insertion
- Adjustable Roller mechanism For easier insertion of larger diameter coils
- Coil Crimpers included with every unit
- See-Through Coil Crimpers Compartment provides convenient storage and helps to ensure that your crimping pliers don't get lost.
- A Spiral Coil Diameter Scale Helps to verify the coil diameter size.
- A Spiral Coil Diameter Selector enables users to best select the correct coil diameter size corresponding to the thickness of your document
- Foot Pedal Operation Allows the free use of both hands and grants the operator complete control of the roller
- Pitch identifier Verifies that the coil pitch matches that of the punched document
- Model: Finish-@-Coil M
- Inserting: Electric
- Crimping: Manual
- Motor: Heavy Duty
- Inserting Roller: Full size 11-3/8" EPDM roller
- Binding Capacity: Up to 50mm (1-7/8)"
- Adjustable Roller: Yes
- Crimping Pliers: Included
- Machine Dimensions: 14.5" L x 10.5" W x 5.75" H
- Carton Dimensions: 17" L x 14" W x 10" H
- Weight & Volume: 15.6 Lbs & 1.37 Cbft
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Akiles Finish-A-Coil M Electric Coil Inserter Review
Coil binding is one way to ensure that both your short and long documents look great. This is a very popular binding method because it allows you to bind documents containing more than 400 pages and the coil themselves are available in just about any color you could ever want (pink, purple, black, yellow, blue, etc). Plus, you can even insert the coils by hand. However, if you'd rather have a machine do the work for you, you should check out the Akiles Finish-A-Coil M Electric Coil Inserter. This is a really amazing machine that makes producing bound documents a snap. Here's what this device is capable of....
- This machine is primarily an coil inserter. The insertion is done electrically via a foot pedal and then the crimping is done by hand with a pair of wire crimpers. This is a nice compromise between doing everything manually (which can be tedious) and using a more expensive and advanced device such as the Akiles Finish-A-Coil E1 which has a built-in crimper.
- The Finish-A-Coil has full-size rollers that make inserting spines into your documents easier than ever before. The main EPDM roller is 11-3/8" long and can handle coils that are up to 50 mm in diameter. This will allow you to bind books containing as many as 440 pages, so it's perfect if you regularly work with lengthy documents.
- This device makes it easy to choose the supplies you need. It has a coil selector so you'll be able to pick the best coil for your document depending on how thick it is. It's easy to adjust this machine's settings so it can work with the spine you've chosen. Thus, you can go from a small one to a large one in just seconds.
- Although you need the crimp the ends of the coil yourself, Akiles has included a pair of crimping pliers with every unit. This is a thoughtful gesture because these pliers can cost you around $50.00. This way, you'll be able to save a little bit of money. There's even a transparent compartment in which you can store the pliers and other supplies so you have everything you need close at hand.
- It will be easy to store this device on a desktop because it only measures 14.5" (length) x 10.5" (length) x 5.75" (height).
- Finally, the Finish-A-Coil comes with a one-year warranty so you'll be covered if the machine decides to give you any grief.
A couple of caveats about this machine. First, your documents will need to be punched before you can run them through this device. Using pre-punched paper is the most cost-effective (and quickest) way to take care of this. You can also use a punching device if one is handy. (Just make sure it has the same pitch as the supplies you're using.) Also, you cannot use wire spines or plastic combs with this machine. Overall, the Akiles Finish-A-Coil is a great choice if you need a way to insert those coils into your documents. (Just make sure you have a way of getting punched paper.) If this sounds like the machine for you, take a closer look at it today.
You Save: 29%
You Save: 30%
You Save: 31%