MBM Destroyit 2604 SMC Super Micro Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0364
- Quiet and powerful single phase motor (1 maximum horsepower) rated for continuous operation
- Fully enclosed, dust proof gearbox housing
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters
- Pull-out bag frame mechanism mounted on rollers for easy replacement of disposable shred bags
- Super Micro Cut model includes a built-in oiler and meets all NSA/CSS specifications and is DOD approved
- 30 Gallon Bin Capacity
- Security Level: P-7
- Particle Size: .8 x 5 mm (1/32 x 3/16 inches)
- Sheet Capacity: 6-8
- Shred Speed: 28 ft./min.
- Shred Volume: 26 gallons
- Feed Opening: 10 1/4"
- Electrical Requirements: 115 volts
- Maximum horsepower: 1
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 18 1/2" x 19 1/2" x 36 1/2"
- Shipping Weight: 123 lbs.
- 1 year limited warranty on cutting shafts and wheels
- 1 year limited warranty on all other parts, excluding wearables
MBM Corporation presents the DestroyIt 2604 Centralized Office Model Business Shredder with automatic function and a 10 ¼ inch feed opening. Our innovative easy switch control element ensures simple and intuitive operation. The quiet, powerful 1 hp single-phase motor with twin-drive system provides a shred capacity of up to 30 sheets in the strip-cut version and up to 22 sheets in the cross-cut. Any strip or cross-cut version, with the exception of the super micro-cut model, is suitable for the destruction of CDs and DVDs. The ECC Electronic Capacity Control indicator ensures continuous and efficient shredding. Our precision cutting shafts are constructed entirely of high-grade hardened steel and are backed by a lifetime warranty. Safety features include an electronically controlled transparent safety shield in the feed opening. It is part of the SPS safety package which sets the standard when it comes to operational safety. Consistently high performance is ensured by the automatic oil injection on the cutting shafts while the machine is shredding. With up to 26 gallons of shred volume, our high quality shred bin allows for neat and easy shred emptying. The 2604 also comes with an environment friendly energy saving mode. DestroyIt - Quality Made in Germany.
MBM Destroyit 2604 SMC Super Micro Cut Paper Shredder Review
The MBM Destroyit 2604 Super Micro Cut Paper Shredder is an excellent system for heavy duty, high security needs. A powerful single phase motor drives the hardened steel cutting shafts as they dice up paper into tiny confetti. The many safety and automatic features make use simple and convenient. A one year warranty guarantees quality craftsmanship. Here is a closer look at the 2604 SMC.
A photo cell controlled feed opening automatically begins shredding when it senses inserted paper. The slot is guarded by a transparent safety shield, preventing fingers and other objects from getting caught in the blades. A sole switch operates stand-by, stop, and reverse functions. The large button has back-lit icons that indicate operational status. The stop function cuts power to the motor when it senses an open cabinet, a full shred bag, or a paper jam. If a jam occurs, the automatic reverse sends the overfed paper back out to the user, helping to unclog the blades. This model is also programmed with an energy saving mode, powering down to a sleep mode after one hour of inactivity in order to conserve electricity.
The powerful single phase motor is double protected against overheating and is rated for continuous use. A robust twin drive system has a gearbox fully enclosed in a dustproof casing to prevent corrosion. These features along with an automatic oil injection system ensure reliable, optimal performance.
The hardened steel blades accept only 6-8 sheets at once but shred them at a rapid rate of 28 feet per minute. An electronic sensor displays the exact sheet capacity level during use. Full size documents are converted into tiny confetti, only 1/32 inch by 3/16 inch. These miniscule particles offer a level 6 security rating, meeting the NSA's and CSS's standards for document destruction and are DOD approved. This is safe enough for use in hospitals, banks, and other businesses needing complete obliteration of highly classified information.
The minute shreds are deposited into a 26 gallon shred bag, housed in a high quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters for easy mobility. The wood acts as a noise reducer by absorbing sound from the motor, giving you a quieter office.
This shredder is not able to handle staples, paperclips, credit cards, or CDs; document fasteners must be removed before shredding. Depending on your needs, this may or may not be an issue. MBM does offer low and medium security shredders able to dispose of CDs and other items.
The 6-8 sheets it accepts at once is a limited amount. With a rate of 28 feet per minute, the small capacity might not be an issue for many offices. Those offices with high volumes of sensitive information to dispose of may want to upgrade to a high security shredder with a larger capacity.
In closing, the MBM Destroyit 2604 Super Micro Cut is an excellent high security central office shredder. The tiny confetti created by the steel blades ensures security for any highly confidential information. Safety and automated features allow for easy and convenient use. We would highly recommend the Destroyit 2604 SMC for your next high security office shredder.
- SOLID STEEL CUTTING SHAFTS. High grade, hardened steel cutting shafts are milled in our Balingen factory and warranted for life.
- EASY SWITCH. Multifunction control element uses optical signals to indicate operational status and functions as an emergency stop switch.
- SAFE SHREDDING OF CDs / DVDs. On CD capable models, the electronically controlled shield protects the operator from stray splinters of plastic.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY BIN. Durable, lightweight shred bins can be used with or without disposable bags.
- CAPACITY INDICATOR. Patented Electronic Capacity Control (ECC) indicator monitors sheet capacity levels during operation to prevent jams.
- AUTOMATIC OIL INJECTION. The cutting shafts are automatically lubricated while shredding, ensuring optimal performance (cross-cut and super micro-cut models).