Rhin-O-Tuff Onyx HC8024 24" Manual Flat Bar Wire Closer
Rhin-O-Tuff, built to last and out-perform the market. The new Onyx series introduces the HC8024 24" Wire Closer that can accommodate a wide range of document sizes. With the opening of 24" binding edge, it can close as small as 3/16" and up to 1-1/4 twin loop binding wire. All metal construction is lightweight and portable for any type of office environment. Wire size operation is easy and simple to adjust, creating a user-friendly machine. Working with larger documents requires a bigger workspace. No worries, the HC8024 is equipped with a built-in slide out table extension to provide a much stress-free when handling long documents. Looking for the premium and tuff binding equipment? There is nobody else but Rhin-O-Tuff!
- Closes 3/16" to 11/4" (5mm to 32mm) Twin-Loop Binding Wire
- 24" (610mm) Binding Edge
- Easily Adjustable for Wire Sizes
- Lightweight and Portable
- Slide Out Table Extension for Handling Long Documents
- Easy Operation at any Wire Size
- All Metal Construction
- Made in the USA with more than 98% recyclable materials
- Model: HC8024 ONYX
- Capacity Size: 24"
- Weight: 49 lbs
- Machine Dimensions: 17" x 28" x 30" (H x W x D)
- Warranty: Three Year Manufacturer Warranty
There are No Reviews on this Product Yet
Rhin-O-Tuff HC8024 24 Manual Twin Loop Wire Closer Review
- The Rhino Tuff HC-8024 is the only twenty four inch double loop wire closer available on the market.
- It was specifically designed for organizations that bind large format calendars using twin loop wire and preformed calendar hangers. This is the perfect solution for organizations that need to bind this type of large format calendar.
- However, the HC8024 is also a popular choice for users who want to bind other large format sheet sizes. It can easily be used to bind both 11" x 17", and A3 documents along the long side of the sheets. It is ideal for binding large format books, calendars, music scores, plans and blueprints.
- Plus, it can be used to bind standard letter, legal and A4 sized documents too.
Strengths / Features:
- The Rhino Tuff HC-8024 is the only 24" double loop wire closer available on the market. It is capable of closing double loop, twin loop, spiral-o, WireBind and wire-o binding spines in any size up to 24 wide.
- This machine has a special slide out document table on the front of the machine. No other wire closer on the market has a document table like this. The document table makes it much easier to deal with large format books, calendars and music scores.
- The HC-8024 has two heavy duty adjustment knobs to allow you to quickly and easily adjust the closer for different sized wires. This machine has the ability to handle wires as small as 3/16" and as large as 1-1/4" in diameter. It doesn't matter whether the spines are 2:1 pitch, 3:1 pitch or are 19 loop wire combs. This closer works with them all.
- Like all of the equipment from Rhin-O-Tuff, the HC8024 is made with heavy duty steel components. Both the body and the mechanisms used by this machine are made of metal. This makes it ideal for production environments. The HC8024 is designed to bind documents every day for years without any need for maintenance.
Weaknesses / Limitations:
- In order to ensure that the HC8024 closes the wires across an entire 24 inch length, the closer includes two handles. The two handle design is important for the function of the machine. However, it makes this wire closer more difficult to operate than other closers available on the market. It requires both hands to operate which means you need to set the wire in the closer so that it won't move while you are closing your documents. This can be somewhat difficult.
- This machine is capable of closing almost all of the sizes of wire that are available on the market. However, it cannot be used with 1-1/2" wire binding spines. This is not a common size of double loop wire. However, this is still a limitation that should be noted.
- Even though the closer is capable of handling twenty-four inch documents, you still need to have twenty four inch wires. These are a special order item and can get somewhat expensive. Some users choose to buy wire spools and cut their own pieces. However, it is easy to ruin the wire spool if you are not careful and it can be difficult to cut the wire off the spool without causing it to become deformed.
- For print shops, binderies and large organizations that may have the need to bind larger format documents using twin loop wire, the HC8024 is a necessity.
- This is the only commercially available wire closer over fourteen inches. This makes The HC-8024 a logical choice for users who need to bind large format documents.
- It works great for binding musical scores, calendars, blueprints, plans and other long items that are difficult to bind with any other type of system.
You Save: 44%
You Save: 8%
You Save: 8%
You Save: 20%
Questions & Answers