Akiles DuoMac 521 5:1 Coil and 2:1 Wire Binding Machine
With the Akiles DuoMac 521 you can bind documents with both 5:1 pitch spiral coil and 2:1 pitch twin loop wire. The DuoMac 521 is the only combination machine of its kind. The unique design of the 521 includes a the ability to punch both a 5:1 pitch hole pattern for spiral coil binding and a 2:1 pitch hole pattern for twin loop wire binding up to 1-1/4". This gives you the ability to choose the look and feel of your coil bound books and presentations. Five to One pitch coil (5 holes per inch) has a more tightly wound look than the more common 4:1 pitch coil (4 holes per inch). Normally, you would have to use two different binding machines to do the same tasks as the DuoMac 521. Now you can choose between these two great binding styles for all your reports and presentations and you can also save space, time and money.
Please note that the Akiles DuoMac line of Binding Machines are assembled on a per order basis and normally take two to three days to ship.
- With two independent punching die sets, this versatile & easy to use combo binder allows you to punch & bind multiple systems and or different pitches.
- Punch handles
- Punch Throat & Ruler
- Depth Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each wire/comb size. Maximizes document tear resistance.
- Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide: For an easy alignment & punching of longer documents.
- Wire Closer Control: With continuous adjusting scale for an exact and secure closure every time
- Master Selector: Determines the correct: Wire Diameter, Closing Position, Depth Margin & Wire Pitch
- Diameter Scale: Measures document's thickness in order to select best wire/comb size option.
- Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easier inserting of sheets
- Waste Drawer
- Vertical Wire Closer
- Side Margin Control: Provides and evenly Centered punch for all document sizes.
- Die Disengagement Pins: All dies can be independently disengaged, allows punching of any size document while preventing partial side-end perforation
- Wire Closer Handle
- Comb Opener Handle
- Heavy-Duty design by CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) technology
- Perfect for Bindery, Print Shop, Copy Center, Corporation, Advertising Agency, School, Office and more!
- Don't forget to choose from the wide selection of AKILES textured & color-coordinated Polycovers & Coil, Wire or Plastic Comb binding elements, to ensure your documents have a lasting impression!
- FREE coil crimpers with any Coil combination.
- Comb Spreader with any Comb combination.
- Built-in Wire closer with any combination.
- Electric inserter sold separately
- Comb combination is compatible with Spiral-O wire binding spines
- Single punching capacity: up to 20 sheets (20lbs paper/ letter size)
- Single punching length: 14" (13" for coil) - with Open Ends for longer sizes
- 100% disengagement dies - wire & comb (5 for Coil)
- Weight: 64lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
There are No Reviews on this Product Yet
Akiles DuoMac 521 5:1 Coil and 2:1 Wire Binding Machine Review
- The Akiles Duomac 521 is a combination binding system that is designed to provide users the choice between three completely different binding styles.
- It provides the ability to produce two different hole patterns allowing users to choose the style of binding that they prefer for different types of documents within their organization.
- The Duomac 521 is known for its rugged metal construction and for the huge variety of options that it provides to its users.
- These things make this machine an excellent choice for companies that are looking for a durabable, versatile and professional binding machine to produce their documents.
- The DuoMac 521 is capable of producing two completely different hole patterns. One punching throat is designed to punch a 5:1 pitch hole pattern that is designed for use with five to one pitch spiral coil binding. The other punching throat is designed to punch a 2:1 pitch rectangular hole pattern that is designed for use with 2:1 pitch double loop wire. However, the two to one pitch hole pattern can also be used to bind large sized books using 0.400 2.5:1 pitch spiral coils. This means that the Duomac 521 can be used to bind documents with three completely different binding styles.
- This machine offers a thirteen inch punching throat with five disengageable dies for 5:1 pitch coil binding. This makes it possible to use this machine to punch all of the most common paper sizes with a round hole 5:1 pitch pattern.
- The 2:1 pitch punching throat is fourteen inches in length and offers fully disengageable dies. This design allows users to punch virtually document length up to 14" with a one step punching process.
- Both throats on the DuoMac 521 are open ended. This allows for punching longer documents using a two step process.
- This machine has a high quality heavy duty wire closer on the front of the machine. This wire closer is capable of closing 2:1 pitch wires that are as small as 3/16" and as large as 1-1/4". The construction of this wire closer is excellent and it shouldn't slip or become uneven over time. The front of the wire closer also has a wire hanger which is designed to help in adding pages to your wire binding spines.
- The Duomac-521 also includes a high quality pair of coil crimping pliers. These pliers can be used for finishing your documents using 5:1 pitch spiral coil. However, a pair of special premium oval hole pliers are suggested for crimping 2.5:1 pitch coil since the holes are so much larger. Oval hole pliers will produce a longer throw to help prevent the coils from spinning back off your documents.
- Although this machine includes most of the components that you need in order to bind your documents, it does not include a spiral coil inserter. For users that need to bind one or two documents with coil, it is possible to spin the spines onto your pages by hand. However, if you are going to bind documents with 5:1 pitch coil on a regular basis you will definitely want to look into a modular coil inserter such as the Akiles Roll @ Coil. Unfortunately, you will need to spin 2.5:1 pitch coils on by hand even if you own a coil inserter.
- Each of the binding styles offered by this system have size limitations. Two to one pitch wire is available in sizes from 1/4" up to 1-1/4" in diameter. Five to one pitch spiral coil is available in sizes from 6mm up to 25mm (about one inch). For binding larger sized documents, 2.5:1 pitch coil is available in sizes from 20mm up to 56mm in diameter.
- Both 5:1 pitch coil and 2.5:1 pitch spiral coil are not extremely common. In fact they are normally made to order and can take a few days to run. If you are planning on binding documents with these supplies you will want to make sure that you allow yourself plenty of time for ordering so that you aren't caught without supplies to complete your job.
- The DuoMac 521 is a great machine with a lot of features. However, adding all of these features to this machine make it fairly complex to use and understand. It is clearly labeled and with a little bit of time almost anyone can use this machine. It is just a little bit intimidating when you first look at it.
- Users who are looking for a binding machine that can handle both 2:1 pitch wire and 5:1 pitch coil will find that the DuoMac 521 is really the only machine available anywhere to meet their needs.
- It is built well, has a number of great features and is actually fairly easy to use once you figure out what the different knobs and handles do.
- However, combining a 5:1 pitch coil punch and a 2:1 pitch wire machine is a little bit odd. If it fits your needs or you really like the look of five to one pitch coil then this is a great machine for you. If it were me, I would probably choose the DuoMac 421 which offers the same features but works with 4:1 pitch coil instead of 5:1 pitch coil. The supplies will be cheaper and easier to find.
You Save: 33%
You Save: 33%
You Save: 32%
You Save: 34%
You Save: 33%
Questions & Answers